OxygenOS Disappearing VPN Icon - Status Bar

1. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2018

d1xenotime , Sep 8, 2018 :
    Dear Oxygen developer or members on the forum,

I have this strange bug where when I turn on my VPN, the icon on the top "right" disappear after a while (~10 seconds). When I swipe down notification, I can clearly see it. But how can I get it to statically remain on the top right corner?

For example; when I turn on my VPN services, the icon shows up (Yellow box). But then after a while, the icon dis-appear.

I have double checked in the Status Bar setting and I did not hide it. It just disappears. Is this a bug? 2018-09-08 12.49.44.jpg 2018-09-08 12.45.29.jpg

mariogold42 likes this.
  2. Nezumi_
    KitKat Sep 8, 2018

Nezumi_ , Sep 8, 2018 :
    does it happen with the built-in vpn or also third party vpn apps?

3. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2018

Hello Nezumi. Thank you for requesting a clarification. It happens with a 3rd Party VPN App. I am using "VPN Hosts" - Google Play

I migrated from a Google Nexus 6P. The App does not have an status bar problem on my Nexus 6P. Any thoughts?

4. Praty_28
    KitKat Sep 8, 2018

Praty_28 , Sep 8, 2018 :
    Does the vpn work though when the icon dissappears? Also, does it reappear when you open your vpn app again?

5. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2018

1. Yes. "VPN Host" works in the background.
    2. The icon does not appear again regardless if I open/closes the VPN Host App.
    3. The icon on the top right corner (Yellow) comes back out only if I turn it off and turn it back on.
    The reason why I want to report this is because sometime I forgot I have it switched on and I cannot download updates from the Play Store as the Host VPN blocked one of the ports.

It is not a major problem as it does not affect VPN functionality. But it can make me forget that I left it on. Any fixes from for the moderators?

6. Nezumi_
    KitKat Sep 8, 2018

Nezumi_ , Sep 8, 2018 :
    report it to the feedback section
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

7. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2018

Hi Nezumi, do I just make a new post and link this thread over in the "Feedback" section?

8. Niranjan.kv
    Eclair Sep 8, 2018

Best Answer
    Niranjan.kv , Sep 8, 2018 :
    It's not a bug or fault. It's an inbuilt feature of OP6. Since it has notch display. Few notification icons appear when started and later Transition back to notification pull down menu. This is how it works and there is no way to keep the icons on front all the time. So best suggestion is once Ur done using VPN just manually turn it off. :) cheers.

mariogold42, Praty_28 and d1xenotime like this.
  9. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2018

Ok, I will try to remember that then~ But the "right hand side" is not full?

Here is a proof that it can show up when I just turn it on. Can we not make it stick?

2018-09-08 14.09.23.jpg

10. Niranjan.kv
    Eclair Sep 8, 2018

Niranjan.kv , Sep 8, 2018 :
    yes I agree...by default only system icons like battery, network signal, WiFi, and silent icons will stay on. all other apps will go back to notification pull down.

d1xenotime likes this.
  11. Nezumi_
    KitKat Sep 8, 2018

12. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2018

deangilvin , Sep 8, 2018 :
    Yes it disappears even using the inbuilt vpn, but it is running in the background. I don't buy into the the notion because of the "notch", because there's room for it when it appears when you first turn it on, there is no reason for it not to stay there. If it's all about "room" then code it to appear on the left hand top after the clock, there's nothing there.

13. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2018

d1xenotime , Sep 9, 2018 :
    It will be nice for it to stay there, but I do not know how to code~ :(

14. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2018

deangilvin , Sep 9, 2018 :

Not you, One plus would code it that way