Disappointed in OnePlus

1. love1plus1specs
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

love1plus1specs , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I'm so sorry! I'm on 5th device from OnePlus! 6T, I'm still using it! Corning glass 6 amazingly durable! But, I've been standing back noticing OnePlus specs haven't been all that competitive, while prices been going up and up! Best I can resolve it is find a competent device on black friday, probably this approaching one! Xiaomi has competent bargain prices... Yet, not all american cell radios will work on phone :-(
    Been eyeballing Samsung Galaxy s20! I may wait off new Android phones, March and April? Honestly, I don't feel like paying $800+ for new phone! OnePlus been charging premium top dollar for devices, ain't really offering much than the competition!
    Currently samsung isnt only mass producing Qualcomm 5 nm transistor processors, but also scaled down RAM to 10 nm nodes, due out next year! We all know Samsung Galaxy s series is first devices with Qualcomm processing chipset! OnePlus is usually second in line! But looking at prior generation of ufs 3.0 storage bus speed, and prior Lpddr4x ram, and premium prices, top prices,

2. Saravia
    Eclair Oct 23, 2020

Attached Files:

3. Saravia
    Eclair Oct 23, 2020

Saravia , Oct 23, 2020 :
    My story with Oneplus...

In September 2015, after having gone through HTC Diamond (Windows) and Samsung Galaxy 2 (one of the worst experiences I had), I decided to buy a new phone. Discarding HTC, Samsung, Blackberry and Iphone, I decided to go for Oneplus. A new company that promised to break with many schemes in the industry. After getting an invitation I managed to get a Oneplus ONE! I loved it! For just over $300 I got everything I needed. Today that phone still works!
    In 2017, I acquired the Oneplus 3T for almost 500 euros (I bought it in Paris). I was equally delighted with the phone.
    In January 2018, I went for more and bought 2 Oneplus 5T (one for me and one for my son). It's the cell phone I'm using right now.
    This year, after watching the presentation of the Oneplus 8T, I rushed to pre-order it. When I went on the web, it was still not available.
    A few minutes later, I was sent an email with a link to proceed.
    Now the price is $ 749, close to the high end...
    It doesn't matter, I buy it anyway.
    With surprise I see that the purchase includes a "mystery gift" valued at $ 99!
    Great, I thought! It's a prize for the first buyers for being so loyal to the brand. Without further ado, I bought it.
    While I was looking forward to the "mystery gift" valued at $99 (it says so on the invoice), I noticed that they are starting to sell a "Popup Bundle" at the same price, which came with wireless covers and headphones! Wow, I thought. Surely, my mystery gift must be better than the Popup Bundle! What a dream! I just wait for my package to arrive.
    So... I start looking on the internet, if someone had received your package with the mystery gift and could tell what it was about.
    NOOOOOO!!!!!
    Everyone was getting a cheap bottle!
    There must be a mistake, I thought! The brand I had followed since it started, which I had bought over $3,200 worth of phones and accessories for, couldn't be doing this to me! They can't betray me like this!

Yes, they can. And they don't care.
    They offered me a $99 gift, sent a cheap bottle of 15.
    Did anyone really think of this strategy?

There must be a mistake, I thought. I contact Oneplus, they tell me different kind of bullshit and lies and end up offering a $20 voucher!

I don't have a chance to return the phone.
    I feel cheated and betrayed, disillusioned. I don't care anymore if the phone works well or badly. This is personal. Customers come to establish an emotional bond with the brands and Oneplus has directly attacked that bond.
    Something has been broken between Oneplus and me.
    I think it will be very difficult to rebuild it.

zazasLT likes this.
  4. VeidoH
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2020

Rusty NZ likes this.
  5. mgconeplus
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2020

mgconeplus , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 23, 2020 :
    YES!!! I AM ALSO DISAPPOINTED. Dropped my new phone already and got minor damage. Found out they want to charge me for repair and still aren't selling cases!!! I wanted to buy a case at checkout!!! And they won't honor a return!!! Oneplus lost a customer in me.

6. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 23, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 23, 2020 :
    How the hell can you blame then for that.

Accidental damage warranty is a thing.

If you paid with MasterCard or visa you probably have it included with the card insurance.

7. mgconeplus
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2020

I did pay with bank debit MasterCard. How does that work? OnePlus is refusing to honor it

8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 23, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 23, 2020 :
    You need to contact the bank and see how their insurance on the cards work.

For my bank I need to show the repair cost and they will cover it. In this case it's not oneplus' case to follow but the bank's

9. mgconeplus
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2020

I will look into this, thank you

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. OPtdv
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2020

OPtdv , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Bought the OnePlus 8t 256GB on launch and was also not able to understand what the boxes where filled with. So I went for the phone and free case. At checkout double checked everything and when I wanted to pay the free case was out of stock. So ordered a case for more than 30 euro's and at arrival found out that a clear case was in the box of the phone. Anyway nice phone so I thought so what...

Now a few days working with the phone, I find lots of problems, like overheating while navigating, unresponsive screen parts, freezes on unlock, pocket mode at less light (not even dark and clean notch), face unlock not always unlocking.. one big thing: the camera is not what I expected. Not even close..
    Also Android changed the gestures, especially the back gesture which caused multiple unwanted mail deletions and other incorrect responses, keyboard disappearing while typing, and other small annoyments like Android auto not always correctly connecting, call drops on switching between 4g and 5g during driving, and battery draining during normal usage.

And all that in 4 days!
    Never had any real issues with my 6T. I'm also a loyal OP user and got my whole family one, but it's time to return it and look for something new.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020

11. tokektokek
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2020

tokektokek , Oct 25, 2020 :
    It sounds like your 8T was faulty - have you sent it back to OnePlus for repair?