disappointed with camera quality

1. andremello
    Eclair Oct 2, 2017

andremello , Oct 2, 2017 :
    I must confess. I was eager to have an oneplus 5..had the One and Three. The 5 was the next logical step. The ads announced an improved camera, with shots better than never. What a disappointment... Tryed a few pictures and at most of the time, what I've got was blurry and granulated images. Not even close the quality of my old S6, two years old.

If anyone have any ideas of how to improve the quality of the photos, please share. Even using manual mode I am having painful results.

I do trust o Oneplus and expect that this wonderful hardware is going to be fulfilled with a great software so that we, users, can enjoy fully our oneplus five.

G_Roman_Lucak_bOjO likes this.
  2. squishypiranha
    Froyo Oct 3, 2017

squishypiranha , Oct 3, 2017 :
    If you do a search on here, you'll find heaps of advice.

I've followed the Google HDR+ tip, downloaded it off xda developers site as per the many hyperlinks on here, and I'm happy with the results.

andremello and Samuel James like this.
  3. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2017

[GG] , Oct 3, 2017 :
    Thats not very hard to beat if you really think about it.

4. Samuel James
    Froyo Oct 3, 2017

Samuel James , Oct 3, 2017 :
    yup same here , excellent resuslts after using the hdr+ on google camera ,even in lowlight the image look very good .I think the oneplus camera app still need optimisation .

andremello likes this.
  5. Andixxx82
    Froyo Oct 3, 2017

6. G_Roman_Lucak_bOjO
    Eclair Oct 3, 2017

7. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Oct 3, 2017

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Oct 3, 2017 :
    Ur right..I was expecting some good results but not impressed.Even video quality of 4k is jus satisfactory which loses on details ...the pro mode takes good shot but u will always be left in the heart that it should have been a bit better and that disappoints..Then the portrait mode has a bit of problem when focusing 2 faces, it's even worse when taking pics of flowers or anything that doesnt includes faces.Plus the absence of OIS makes things difficult,oneplus please include OIS in the next 1+6..the slow Mo video quality is jus awful.
    The other thing is OnePlus now should atleast be attentive to these details.nobody wants a perfect fone but it should be well rounded.Its better to provide features that works best rather than bloating with features that are 50% efficient.That actually annoys and disappoints. OnePlus has a great future but yes it has come up as a respectable brands in recent times showing great improvement by the day.