Disappointing Camera Performance on OnePlus One

1. ramli7
    KitKat Jan 2, 2015

ramli7 , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Yes, the author has admitted that, in the thread itself for image stabilization, i think. Only thing I want to set it right is " video stabilization ", not in post process but while in real time recording itself.

2. kidrow
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2015

kidrow , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Read somewhere on the OPO forums that changing the metering mode [frame average/center weighted] helps improve things. You could try that. Will link to that thread if I can find it.

3. DavidBiate
    Froyo Jan 2, 2015

DavidBiate , Jan 2, 2015 :
    I thought OPO has fantastic camera even low lights. Took this photo on auto mode and yes I am using the cyanogen ROM that came with the phone.

Maybe I got lucky with my unit.

IMG_20141211_190549.jpg

satemi and ramli7 like this.
  4. manishv
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2015

manishv , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Thanks for the E part. Thats what makes OPO special for me

ramli7 likes this.
  5. manishv
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2015

manishv , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Opo doesn't not auto focus while recording videos. We have to tap the screen manually. I saw this in opo review of erica griifin

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015

nik5836 and ramli7 like this.
  6. hriddhidey
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2015

hriddhidey , Jan 2, 2015 :
    I've found the camera to be decent, honestly. Not the best, but decent. Low performance suffers, yes, but filters work really well. HDR does take way too long to render, and sometimes hangs.
    But apart from that, photo quality has never really suffered for me much.
    Vids are disappointing though. Sound is honestly begging to be clearer. Unfortunate. Hope to see better in future.

ramli7 likes this.
  7. phonehorn
    Froyo Jan 2, 2015

phonehorn , Jan 2, 2015 :
    No it surely is capable sensor but alogorith and software are at fault... I guess you are just a better photographer than me....

8. phonehorn
    Froyo Jan 2, 2015

phonehorn , Jan 2, 2015 :
    I am not complaining and I even don't expect DSLR grade pics but have you seen same IMX214 work wonders on S5 and Mi4 and it totally disappoints on our Mi3 it needs some fixing and optimization

9. vicksterinc.
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2015

vicksterinc. , Jan 2, 2015 :
    Try using camera FV-5...it gives me excellent pictures both indoor and outdoor...only thng it supports rear camera only.

10. DavidBiate
    Froyo Jan 2, 2015

DavidBiate , Jan 2, 2015 :
    A better photographer ...nah I don't think so...I am just a point and shoot guy...anyways all the best

11. streamjoe
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2015

streamjoe , Jan 2, 2015 :
    There is one issue regarding camera i don't know whether i am the only one facing that problem or its just that i am missing something...so the issue is that when i preview images from camera(by swiping just after clicking pictures) then i can zoom pictures cleary(something like optical zoom) but when i open that same image in 'photos' or 'galary' then when i zoom it then it won't just clear out(something like digital zoom as if there is no rendering process). Anyone with problem and a solution or explaination???

12. manishv
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2015

manishv , Jan 2, 2015 :
    S5 has a isocell sensor entire new technology :p mi4 doesn't have raw image support :p so i am happy that i can get better images by processing raw images in adobe light room
    and miui is crap it crashes most of the time my frnds using mi3 and redmi 1s always complain :p use google camera if u are not satisfied
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-review-samsung-galaxy-s5-camera-hardware-page-6

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015

13. ramli7
    KitKat Jan 2, 2015

ramli7 , Jan 2, 2015 :
    No such problem for me...

14. edgehab
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2015

edgehab , Jan 20, 2015 :
    Give a look to asus and apple. They don't have a dslr level sensor. They are just optimised

15. puneetmanchanda89
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2015

puneetmanchanda89 , Jan 20, 2015 :
    I had Mi3 earlier and i'd say that Mi3 took better pics than Oneplus One even though it has an old sensor.
    And i have seen pictures clicked by Mi4 and they come out alot better than Oneplus One. Also i feel that software stabilization is implemented better on Mi3/Mi4 than Oneplus One.
    I am sure there must be something wrong with the algorithm because sensor is same in Mi4 and One and is fairly capable of capturing good shots.

I hope Oneplus team will update camera algorithm in their official Lollipop ROM release. :)

16. pradeep198
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2015

pradeep198 , Jan 22, 2015 :
    samsung 5mp camera give better good shot than opo, felling ashamed in front of my friends

17. samfaizan
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2015

samfaizan , Jan 22, 2015 :
    Thats even not a catch .....guess what....
    Many time click or take snap...it takes much time to generate image.....even it fails though.....and suppose you clicked an image and image is processing .....and you just closed camera app....from task also.....then you wont get that image...it crashes.....
    I am facing this problem....

18. Joydipta Banerjee
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2015

Joydipta Banerjee , Mar 14, 2015 :
    Only in outdoor bright sunlight it (camera) is OK. Video capture at night indoor sucks.....still capture during video works sometime, does not in the very next moment..."then no image from rear cam, mssg: "unfortunately cam app has stopped". Horrible software experience (cynogen mod) for camera application in my OPO.

Adithya R likes this.