Disappointment OnePlus Tempered Glass Screen Protector

1. KiLiBoSZ Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

KiLiBoSZ, Dec 1, 2016 :
    Hey guys,
    Today my OP3T has arrived and I should be the happiest man in the world. I am - except of one thing: The tempered glass screen protector by OnePlus.
    Its just to small for the display -> pics
    So you have those shiny colourful stripes on your left and right sides. Why ?!
    Its pretty annoying when scrolling down a website or the settings page.

Thanks for listening, any thought on that ?
    Bye bye

PS: AWESOME DEVICE !! image.jpg image.jpg

msri3here and meatandy like this.
  2. JasonMR KitKat Dec 1, 2016

JasonMR, Dec 1, 2016 :
    If that is the one that came factory fitted then yes, it's shite. The curved tgsp they do is pricey but, the best I've used so far.

meatandy likes this.
  3. jayrob Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

jayrob, Dec 1, 2016 :
    It's the OnePlus TGSP but not the curved one. My friend just ordered the phone with the essentials bundle. (comes with the crappy TGSP seen in the pik). He messed up the install (forgot to remove the factory installed plastic one) etc... Ended up pulling if off and throwing in the garbage. I'll give him my spare Orzly V2 TGSP I guess.

meatandy and SimonRam like this.
  4. Ctrentcook Eclair Dec 2, 2016

5. meatandy Nougat Dec 2, 2016

meatandy, Dec 2, 2016 :
    None that are any good , get the Oneplus curved tgsp.

Ctrentcook likes this.
  6. murilozas Cupcake Dec 2, 2016

7. jakedefense Cupcake Dec 2, 2016

jakedefense, Dec 2, 2016 :
    I am typing from a device with one on the screen right now. The colours on the sides are annoying but I can deal with them. Mime actually has a speck of metal or something inside of it! Now if you know OCD then that's is what I want about minor but in your face defects. I am still waiting to see what OP has to say about it. On the whole it will do its job an it feels quality but there are some aspects about it (other than maybe a speck in the protector, one off) that will simply bug you. I know I can handle the stripes but not a recommend.

8. OnePlusThom Froyo Dec 2, 2016

OnePlusThom, Dec 2, 2016 :
    Well, it's not a surprise as there is already 100 topics that compare all the TGSP on the market and they all show that the OnePlus like the one you have is too small, while the OnePlus CURVED TGSP is too big (the black borders cover the screen).

I installed the ORZLY 2.5D V2. In my opinion, it's the one that fits best our OP3/OP3T. The problem is that the dot matrix is VERY visible (and not only in bright light, I can see it in my office at work or in my living room at home) + the glue is only under the black borders so the "screen area" doesn't stick at all which creates rainbow effects...

So far, the perfect TGSP doesn't exist. Best choices are :
    - OnePlus Curved TGSP (too big, cover the screen 1mm all around, very thick and heavy).
    - ORZLY V2 2.5D (best fit on the market but dot matrix and rainbow effect)

Sad we have to choose the "least bad" and not the "best" o_O

9. gcocucci Marshmallow Dec 2, 2016

gcocucci, Dec 2, 2016 :
    It would be a useful thing if during the order process you could choose the glass screen protector. And pay more obviously

pdcurry59 likes this.