Discontent with this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Indest Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Dr. Indest, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Lately I have many issues with this forum/OP and I though I would pen them down in hope of change.

1. Spam has run rampant on this forum. This forum is constantly full of crap posts linking to other sites.
    2. OP has insulted our intelligence with their recent contest. Who in their right mind will lose $200 and receive an inferior device in doing so?
    3. Tech support has always sucked on OP end. However, when community members try to fill the void, like @DaxNagtegaal or myself, we usually get shafted or ticked off by the people running the show. Excluding myself, since I am not viewed in the most positive light, lets look at ppl like @DaxNagtegaal. He has helped countless of individuals and no longer does so for obvious reasons. Without ppl like him, many inexperienced customers who cannot fix their issue become discontent with a company whose tech support, absolutely stinks.
    4. We mentioned this before, the pinned posts on the recent section are useless and we don't care for them. In fact, I miss most announcements because I automatically ignore anything pinned on the recent section. It is not until someone points out a new post, that I notice them.
    5. Bias seems to run deep in the veins of moderators. It seems like developers are valued more than regular users. Some devs even bash members from their very first post on this forum. They come here and get members banned from threads and even derail their own thread. Yet, when compared to members who help ppl with bricked phones, they are treated superior.
    6. OnePlus does not care about our safety. At the current moment, ROMs are being distributed on this forum with misleading features. These features are poorly described and therefore fall under the definition of malware. Yet over the past 3 months, moderators AND admins have failed to do anything. Can I make a ROM, packed with malware and place a false disclaimer to get OP support? It appears so.
    7. The search feature is absolute crap. To find something relevant using the forum's search button is a real mission. Yet, many are penalized for not using search... Frankly, I cannot blame them.
    8. This is a company. Getting server errors, saying there is too much load, means you need to pay for more bandwidth. It is shameful to see a company with so much server issues. On this topic, don't do an open sale where your servers overload. You should anticipate such server load or optimize your site better.
    Please work to improve this place. It is a nice community. However money, business and relationships can always go and be found elsewhere.

Please pardon any misspellings/grammar issue(s). Typing on the OPO with autocorrect.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

royz0r, sn809, Astraion and 110 others like this.
  2. Me1256 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Me1256, Oct 15, 2015 :
    For those with an issue with #6, please realize that exodus did have more than just contentguard, but an actual banking Trojan, in their rom.
    Also, why did Naxtgal quit?

3. rphlfjrd Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

rphlfjrd, Oct 15, 2015 :
    1. Right on cue.
    Screenshot_2015-10-14-18-37-09.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

denisk, Dotty1888, pa5t1s and 14 others like this.
  4. Me1256 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Me1256, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Yeah, we need a community report button. Like if something receives a certain amount of reports, it is hidden until the mods can look at it.

5. Dr. Indest Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

He got fed up with OP and the management. I am about to follow his lead.

ayk1982, denisk, pa5t1s and 7 others like this.
  6. sponge_dork Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

sponge_dork, Oct 15, 2015 :
    [​IMG]
    Regarding #4, lowering the amount of pinned post was kind of better, but I would still rather have all of the recent posts section back.

7. Dr. Indest Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

I have requested this and @Adam Krisko said no.

8. Gonzo01 Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Gonzo01, Oct 15, 2015 :
    because he gave all to do CS job, for free!!! he's too good man to continue shoveling the scrap. many more I don't see around lately, old members, who made this forum a good place (before). I find myself less and less often here and mostly lurking.
    what is happening on here lately?
    is the forum a reflection of where this company is heading?
    sad.....

9. Me1256 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Me1256, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I try my best to help around, but I'm pretty much a novice, and can't do much else than tell them what they need to do, from what somebody else has said.

Pradeep071097, pa5t1s, Tarfex and 2 others like this.
  10. Deactivated User Oct 15, 2015

Deactivated User, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Very well said, ever point well taken.
    You are a very observant person, and I feel you only want to help.
    You said everything that all the people would like to say, but know they will be rebuked by the ill-informed fanboy forum community.

Personally, from all the re-occurring issues I see EVERY day, the threads opening with their disgust of the customer service and saying goodbye to Oneplus, the continuing mismanagement decisions, the lack of ANY real communications, etc., is a big sign that Oneplus's future is very short.
    Just about every Android reviewer is giving negative remarks of Oneplus. When the second in command of Oneplus wants to get direction from Samsung, shows that they have no idea what they are doing at Oneplus.

11. Gonzo01 Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Gonzo01, Oct 15, 2015 :
    of course. that recent "proposal" would fall in this category faster than shared invite is taken.

12. KforHorizon KitKat Oct 15, 2015

KforHorizon, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Lol did he? Yeah maybe!
    Maybe you can add this to the OP :
    Since the launch of OnePlus 2, this forum has become a crcus! So many new users talking about nothing but invites and making threads about it again and again!
    There are very few (Knowledgeable and helpful) people remaining to help the newbies on here about all the kinks on the OnePlus 2 .. @return.of.octobot is one! But, don't see many others! The support for the OnePlus One from community members was top notch! Can't see that happening for the OnePlus 2!
    PS: Your Point #2 .. Spot on! That was ridiculous!

13. Me1256 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Me1256, Oct 15, 2015 :
    When they try to get an internship at a company that's stock has been falling continually.

14. Gonzo01 Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Gonzo01, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I know, I see that from you and (lately) just few more guys. helpers are getting less by the day. why? sad sad...

15. KforHorizon KitKat Oct 15, 2015

KforHorizon, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I reciprocate your feelings! :p
    Helping people on this forum used to be good.. Now i just don't feel the need to! I lurk around once in a while and then I'm off!

16. Gonzo01 Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Gonzo01, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I started preparing myself to give help to everyone in need, I bricked my OPO many times, to learn best ways to fix, even managed to kill it to the point that there was no even vibration, like no battery in phone. posting now from that same phone...
    and when I was ready to help... this place started turning into... well... will live that to everyone's imagination...
    sad...

17. Dr. Indest Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

I don't know how many TeamViewer sessions I have done and how many devices I have unbricked. I personally don't feel welcome on this site anymore and it is a shame considering how much I love to help.

That said, I can sympathize with ppl like DaxNagtegaal.

18. Me1256 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Me1256, Oct 15, 2015 :
    When I started here, there was a lot more fun, with the off topic section, and all of those games. After they removed them from the recent, that part basically died.

19. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Oct 15, 2015

Naman Bhalla, Oct 15, 2015 :
    +1 ..... I want community chat session to be back in Recents .. :D The forum used to be so fun ...Now I see even threads with last post 35 minutes ago in Recents .Earlier it was maximum 5 minutes .. :( The forum is very less lively now .Though I still love it a lot (I still unbrick around 5 phones daily) ..But I miss the old forum ....

20. Deactivated User Oct 15, 2015

Deactivated User, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Would be kind of nice if a Moderator pinned this thread.
    :rolleyes: