KitKat Oct 15, 2015

2. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

3. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

4. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

sidlittlefield , Oct 15, 2015 :
    It's in the original post. The pinned threads are not helpful and are unnecessary. There is not an official thread that is not constantly commented on and thus kept on the first page, as long as they are relavent. By pinning the same posts (and converting the forum into an explicit PR vehicle) OnePlus has create the situation that the pinned threads were suppose to prevent: missed information. If the top 5 threads are always from the same couple of accounts then they look the same every time you visit the forum. In the old system, the important posts were buoyed to the top of the list and you saw them because they stood out.

You could also add the void that community posts are shot into. Members like talking to one another and these posts are the best spot for that (especially if Mods are going to arbitrarily enforce the "one topic" rules. But when you banish these to the nether regions of the forum you both lose the regulars who participate in the community threads and you prevent new people from finding the community elements of the forum.

Maybe your changes have made things worse, and have made the forum more of a place of complaining than a place of fun and interest.

Don't you see that something has changed for the worse?

5. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

#HYPEorGTFO , Oct 15, 2015 :
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    @Carl @Cat H @Adam Krisko

Maybe, too close to the forest to see the trees

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

6. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Mr. BG , Oct 15, 2015 :
    don't we all, the little culprit is living the students life now ;)

7. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Oct 15, 2015

Naman Bhalla , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I mish my Shirley Gal :(

Tobikage, rphlfjrd, Ceasedd and 3 others like this.
  8. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Mr. BG , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I might add this too, even if i probably will be ignored as usual:

Now, once you've set up your new discussion board and have opened the doors for business, there are a few other suggestions you may want to consider with regard to content and conduct;

• When deciding on the main topic of your forum, try to promote a unique perspective. Otherwise, if there are huge numbers of sites already talking about the same thing, attracting visitors and future members could be a challenge.
    • Generating some interesting content should be the first order of the day. Be sure to invite friends and acquaintances to drop in and post.
    • Also, if you own other content rich sites with a similar theme like a blog, website, Facebook page or Twitter account, consider re-posting interesting snippets from those sources.
    • Forward site traffic. Use your existing website traffic to drive engagement to your forum. Traffic from your other website(s), blog or social media channels could prove to be valuable sources of new forum members.
    • Respond to member posts as often as you can. Acknowledging contributions from new and existing members is always appreciated and really helps to build loyalty and engagement.
    • Be visible to your community. Even if you're not the most knowledgeable person in your forum, interact with members and post often. Also, private message (PM) and/or email members quickly when they have a question or issue that you can help with.
    • Be friendly. As the site administrator, you set the tone. Whenever possible, try to show your community warmth, friendliness and a genuine aura of caring. Maintaining an inviting environment is crucial to the success of your forum.

Source: https://www.proboards.com/free-forum-articles/forum-building-tips-basic

9. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 15, 2015

meatandy , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Maybe ?
    I'm just a scrub here and I noticed the downfall in the first week if the forum restructuring.

Its not rocket science to notice the lack of the social dynamic has changed the forum in a negative way.

Tobikage, benluca, sfomin and 9 others like this.
  10. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Oct 15, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Hey guys. Wow a lotta activity! I like!!!!

Yes i got quite good experiences with customer service.

Says who? And by who? I'm sure not only dax and oneplus agreed on anything, you should be free to give him your money. Its just a weird fact that help should be paid without any agreements.
    I'm not saying oneplus shouldnt appreciate Dax, and i agree its a good gesture to reward Dax in some manner. Let Oneplus be the the decision-taker of this forum. We all built the community/forums but its TIED to a company, which i agree it should be controlled by the financers/investors/directors/managers.

Agree

I use google for this and it works great. In the en the oneplusforum-search should work.more properly, but this isnt really one of my priorities i think...

I think they respond quite enough, the thing is, they are overwhelmed by the weird newbies and spammers around here.

I was going to say this, as even me, a non-nativeEnglish reader was distracted by this. :D

and an OP2.

To all: its good to see all the admins say they work on this, lets just patiently wait and come with constructive suggestions instead of seeing only the problems and start think in solutions. I also miss lots of "community threads". But this forum still should be a place where you can go for the problems of Oneplus' products, and gather lots of info. Supported by the community of course. And if not, its not.
    Forums aside, i still think OP's products are amazing and its time for the community to help make it better. Thank you all and im enjoying this discussion.

[Lurking mode on]​

11. jswarts
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

jswarts , Oct 15, 2015 :
    @indest Perhaps a good idea would be to start a forum ourselves? I'm willing to pay for the dedicated server(s) required. That way we can shape it to our liking, rather than to follow OnePlus' attitude, which is generating money.

That way we can start a helpful community for people to go to when they need help! People will actually be able to talk about anything and everything, have forum games and just relax!

Linanc7, Dr. Indest, Ceasedd and 2 others like this.
  12. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

sidlittlefield , Oct 15, 2015 :
    @Mike
    Do you see that it's not just me? Have you noticed that this is not coming from newbies, but people who spend an irrational amount of time here?

13. lutti
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Mr. BG , Oct 15, 2015 :
    It is quite logic, almost everybody enters via Recents.

Now, the first are pinned threads, which is not too bad if you are new and looking for general info on invites and interesting news, updates or meetings. But they should not be there for weeks really, like in the attached info, also do reposts from social media, tweets etc. Interaction was the base on which Oneplus is founded, so admins should be online posting and responding when possible, and yes, i know you are busy.

Just the fact that apparently nobody notices the negative energy many members are adressing, it is not balanced out anymore since recents is all about problems, spamming, begging, whining and bitching.

If i were new here i'd drop my question and get the hell out.

Only to be flamed by frustrated older members that are feeling neglected themselves.

Tobikage, mwayner, meatandy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Mr. BG , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.[

Tobikage, meatandy, Ceasedd and 2 others like this.
  16. hotsauce
    Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Tobikage, Linanc7, benluca and 3 others like this.
  17. mwayner
    Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

mwayner , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Remember when our hamlet was such a nice little place?
    Then all these people came and the place went to hell.
    Remember when our village was such a nice little place?
    Remember when our town was such a nice friendly place?
    Remember when our city.....

Growth is seldom orderly or painless.

What happened with @DaxNagtegaal? I'm here every day and still missed that shafting. No, I won't use the search button.

Tobikage, Linanc7, benluca and 3 others like this.
  18. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

theshinybeast , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Feeling ;):p. :cool:

Tobikage and Mr. BG like this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

theshinybeast , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Tinder?

gmanphx, rphlfjrd and Mr. BG like this.
  20. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Ceasedd , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Wait it minute.I thought you didn't like anyone that ruffles feathers?Rule breakers...??

Tobikage, meatandy and Mr. BG like this.