Discontent with this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimberkas KitKat Oct 15, 2015

jimberkas, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I've been here a long time. I actually got one of the earliest OPO invites and gave it away to another forum member. I was pumped and then disappointed by the OPT so I let that invite fade away. Lord knows why I even stick around, but I have really enjoyed the forum. I mainly come here just for the Tech Talk these days, still some good stuff going on there...

mwayner and Ceasedd like this.
  2. TheCrazyLex Recognized developer Recognized Developer Oct 15, 2015

3. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Ceasedd, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Right on.:) Have a good day/evening.:)

Tobikage and Mr. BG like this.
  4. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Ceasedd, Oct 15, 2015 :
    :)

5. Formsma KitKat Oct 15, 2015

rphlfjrd and HR_778 like this.
  6. joesweeney413 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

joesweeney413, Oct 15, 2015 :
    i noticed not a single mod/staff member has anything to say... and they Exodus issue, they all should be banned for life, thats scummy imho.

7. joesweeney413 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

ditto, me too. if probable just me/you/dax had a dollar for every TeamViewer session, we could buy OnePlus a new server lol

rphlfjrd and Dr. Indest like this.
  8. joesweeney413 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

you know there is plenty of qualified users willing to donate time, including myself, why dont you guys take advantage of that. it looks like you all have too much on your plates.

rphlfjrd likes this.
  9. mwayner Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

mwayner, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Well, I did what I said I wouldn't; I used the search button :p. Only relevant thing I found was his posting that he'd drastically reduced his visits because the place had gone to ummm...hell with the release of the OP2. Only shafting I can deduce from that is him giving it to Oneplus, since, forever, he was the quasi-tech support of the forums. Dunno why I'm obsessing about this; just hate not being in on the gossip....:oops: And it must be juicy, if nobody is willing to tell me. :D

Tobikage, Ceasedd and theshinybeast like this.
  10. TheCrazyLex Recognized developer Recognized Developer Oct 15, 2015

11. Naman Bhalla Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Oct 15, 2015

Tobikage and Ceasedd like this.
  12. joesweeney413 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

13. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Ceasedd, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Read the whole thread.Everything was answered.

14. Mike Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2015

Mike, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Thanks for being candid. I do understand some of your viewpoints; let me explain mine.
    Pinned threads: like I said, the more time you spend on the recents page, the more they will bother you. Also, the less important announcements we have, the more they'll bother you. But recall - we consider the forums the core platform of our community, and the core platform for us to communicate important things. We implemented this change because a lot of important things were going unread, and I do think that has improved significantly. For example, that thread about EU/US versions is important information - no chance that would have been constantly bumped to the top because there's nothing to discuss. It's just important info, but once your read it you know it. This is not a permanent solution, however.

Community chat, right. I knew that was a controversial move, but like I explained in the thread when it happened - they serve a purpose to a very limited (if vocal, active and (most of the time) supportive) part of our community which, when those threads were in recents, was not very welcoming to despised "cupcakes". Mind you, several members of those threads were contacting us, complaining that there were too many cupcakes in their social threads.

Look, I'm not married to any of this. If you can convince me I'm wrong, I'll listen. I know the mood here is sour, but I personally ascribe it to a lot of other things besides these relatively small structural changes and - trust me - there's a hundred moderators telling me every single day what they think is wrong. There's a lot of feedback flying around, to put it mildly.

mwayner, rphlfjrd, Jevoly and 9 others like this.
  15. joesweeney413 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

agreed. i spend at LEAST from 730am-1030am EVERY day at work in the morning. things have been getting more and more out of hand, i dont agree with everything stated in op, but most is true and could be easily fixed.

16. mwayner Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

mwayner, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Oh Gawd! All 14 pages of diatribe?:eek::D

rphlfjrd and Ceasedd like this.
  17. Wuhfel Honeycomb Oct 15, 2015

18. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

Ceasedd, Oct 15, 2015 :
    How about a One Plus X leak?That would be more interesting to me.

19. nyzproof333 KitKat Oct 15, 2015

nyzproof333, Oct 15, 2015 :
    THIS!

There is a massive lack of respect for the community members and customers within One Plus. It's not about money or that they are " a small start-up company " its the lack of giving a shit* that is the most disturbing.

benluca and RazorCharlie like this.
  20. RazorCharlie Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2015

RazorCharlie, Oct 15, 2015 :
    The forum mods are only here to suck up to the devs and look at their shiny new stinkin badges.