They listen to their Chinese customers.
Yet they are an international company.
Glad to know an administrator read this thread.
That's censorship; not nice. I see the fanboys blocking all my posts.
I would agree with @Adam Krisko on this. It's nasty censorship.
Obviously there would need to be conditions. If said user is x days old with Y post or less and has z amount of reports, hold thread for moderation.
Anyhow, such a thing will not happen. I was already told it would not happen.
1. We do what we can to stop spammers - I clean spam myself, Adam cleans spam and we recently gave all mods the right to clean spam and we add all their IPs to the filter. Some will always make it through.
2. Sorry for insulting your intelligence.
3. You're not viewed in a positive light? What are you even talking about? Can we stop taking everything personally here?
4. Yeah, it's not an ideal solution, but previously we had no reliable way of getting important information to all our users because Wormhole would be at the top of the recent threads list all the time. Yes, we made a change to benefit people who don't visit all the time at the (arguable) expense of users who camp the recents page. I think the fact that you have to look slightly lower on your screen for the most recent threads (there's as many of them now as before) is outweighed by the fact that I can now make sure that everyone who visits have seen crucial information. Plus, it results in fewer useless threads being started because people don't search, so the recent threads are now cleaner than before.
5. Fairness is key. If you have a problem, report messages and contact @Adam Krisko
6. Really? A ROM arguably has malware (and a lot of people are reporting it in that thread for everyone to see) = OnePlus doesn't care about your safety? Come on. How can we have a civilized discussion about improvements if this is the level of discourse?
7. Yes, sorry. Our resources are constrained and search overhaul is a time-consuming project with limited upside compared to...
8. fewer server errors, for example. But I'm working on an overhaul of this entire thing, all of it. It's a massive project.
Well somebody opened up,
Especially one point is the search bar.
And I never thought of it, but why isn't Exodus out of the damn forums yet?
We are working on redesigns.
as for ROMs: Because we allow modding of our hardware, we do not block software just because people do not like it or what the maker stands for. I suggest any user read up on the custom software they are installing on their phone. (Not only what the developer says but the reviews from other users. What one person deems insignificant will be a big sticking point for another.)
1. Thank you, but the efforts are not seen on our end.
4. I don't think it has really helped imo. Seems to me like cupcakes don't even read those threads, as apparent by their threads.
5. Um.... Yeah.... Been there, done that.
6. Improvements with the ROM development threads? Sure you can PM me. Or ask the devs who compiled a banker Trojan to remove that particular build and if they are lying about a feature, tell them to accurately describe the feature or get their thread closed.
Anything that does not fit the agenda goes there...
Because "Dear socialites".
That's really helpful...
But having a clear disclaimer in bold would help users avoid ROMs that they don't like. How hard is it to add an honest disclaimer to the main page.
No one is going to read 2000 posts just to read about potential malware.
I have told you before and in private, that an honest disclaimer is needed. The devs should not be ashamed of something they code. If I code a software and tell people it protects against malware but instead uninstall safe programs from my device, is it a malware solution? No it is equivalent to those fake Antivirus programs that are the malware themselves. Just because a dev call is something, does not make it so. If it is on your site, it is your responsibility to make sure people are not being deceived or tricked into installing worrisome software.
1. Have a counterfactual: if we hadn't been cleaning, it would have been worse.
5. I trust Adam 100%; if he has made the call that something is according to the rules then I must accept that, and so must you. Same goes for the guy who wrote a lot of really angry PM:s to me after I warned him for violations he committed while following you around the forums.
6. Regarding Exodus: we can either (1) check the code of every single ROM and ensure everyone is cushioned and safe, banning those we find in violation of some set of rules or (2) have a disclaimer like "all of this is at your own risk" and let the masses (like yourself) warn each other when malicious code is found. Clearly only one of those options is actually feasible.
So Sorry @indest but I'm going to have to disagree with some of the things you have to say, even though the forum is not liking at its golden point right now I think as time goes on something will start to change as we can see oneplus is slow at doing. Just saying I'm sure @Adam Krisko working 6 days a week and barely getting any sleep is not for nothing.
Numero 1. Yes sure their is a bunch of spam here and I believe it needs to be eliminated but I think OnePlus should put a system in place for detecting and getting rid of it. Also thats the reason we added more mods but a lot of them are not active now as much and thats the reason we see those spam threads every day.
2. I mean contests are contests, you think its an inferior device some may not, but then again its oneplus contests and they see this contests as bringing them revenue from marketing and spreading the word. What would be a better contest in your opinion? I know you dont care for the two so thats may be the reason you acted this way, you probably expected oneplus to be adults in launching the smartphone and getting it right like they did with the one.
3. For me support not tech support has been pretty good, its been long and tedious with send me this picture and that picture and this week pass and that week pass @Maximus Decimus Meridius can confirm with his experience too, but in the end i got the device back. But yea @DaxNagtegaal did some amazing work while he was here and its helped not only me but countless of people, he should be paid. Yea maybe this is the reason that this time around the normal buyers of the phone dont look at oneplus anymore because they are worried those issues might occur again and dont want to deal with them if they do. OnePlus when you become popular, people looked up to you as a company like Samsung, and you had to do your best to not make a single mistake, this will put a bad vibe on costumers, and excuses are something regular people dont want to here and its the same a child making excuses, parents dont care and so won't consumers that want to buy a regular good functioning no issue smartphone.
4. I believe that their should be some pinned posts but not this many, I think it should be the ones from the week like announcements, updates, contests but not something thats last week or an update that happened a month ago, I also believe that blogs should be sticked as if people miss something from last week they can read about it in the blog and then click on the link corresponding to that event. @Mike and @Adam Krisko please take into consideration.
5. So here is where I disagree with 100 percent, have you been following the situation, when does oneplus care about developers. Their actually not valued almost at all, they don't get the fingerprint source nor anything else, I'm not going to name developer names ask for, they basically ignore them and I would say treat them a little worse than the regular costumer. And no I don't think their biased they either don't have the time to work with devs or cant release the source codes necessary. Their are some devs that also just suck, not going to name names, but they do make themselves superior.
6. Yea I belive that OnePlus should have a safety or guide that developers need to follow and if they don't there will be consequences. I also believe developers should not be told what to do as it is their rom and they but their hard work into it, they also shouldn't be controlled but I do think their are supposed to be some safety guidelines for example like if someone detects a trojan virus in the rom or kernel and has prove of it, and others also report the same, the mod or admin has the right to take down the link and talk with the dev, and work something out, the reason why their should be more mods. So I think that their shouldn't be malware in the roms and especially no viruses but I also think developers have the right to implement the features they want, so their needs to be a balanced line across this, OnePlus don't get this wrong if you want to implement this because if you do you will piss hard working and caring developers off and also lower your development status not that is it high right now.
7. Yea the search needs to be improved a lot, it has been unchanged since the forums starting, I think @Adam Krisko that needs to be one of the things on priority now, Im to really sure myself how it needs to be improved but it needs to be good and useful, maybe ask other members and what they think on how it needs to be improved, not arguing their with you @indest.
8. Yea for the last one I also agree with indest, it needs to be improved and make sure these server errors don't happen, it happens when we don't have open sales also, so oneplus start optimizing it better and make sure it doesn't happen, it pisses me off on the forums and probably pisses buyers off more during a open sale, you have done these open sales before with the one so anticipate 2 times more load on the site than normal days, probably renting band witch would be better, don't know if you can do that.
Yes I agree this place is awesome but I fear that people are leaving the forums and OnePlus because of these issues and thats not a good sign for the company and for people who believe this company still has potential to do something great, right now with all the issues its not looking that way.
Also lastly, admins you need to interact more with the costumer on the forums just like it was in the pre oneplus one day and even the beginning, this will get you hype and people's support back in the company.
if you want to survive and be considered reliable.
Hope many people can agree with me. And that last point is vital and should be taken
Yea adam I think this will help eliminate all the clutter.
OK if you will allow the community patrol the dev scene, can we, within determined limits (which I would like you to set) be allowed to do so without threats from mods? In the current state, slight discussion brings up fear of warning points and bans.
That's why you put it in the deepest, darkest hellhole you could possibly find, right? While before it was hailed as the welcoming committee.
Talking about taking things personal, just the de despised tone of your responses, and consistently ignoring certain comments is enough to get your message loud and clear.
#PM Challenge : découvrez les coulisses
by Vito B., 2019-07-23