But why
    Sorry for asking
    It is pretty annoying every phone from 6 onwards till 8t has custom roms
    Just not 7t
    Like is there some discussion done or what

2. Hyperspacey
    Gingerbread Mar 13, 2021

Hyperspacey , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 13, 2021 :
    I've not read up on the specifics but it's probably at least somewhat related to the encryption issues OnePlus themselves encountered when converting Android 11 into OOS11.

Developers tend to put their time into devices they can get the most out of, the 7T just isn't a nice phone to work with by most accounts.

3. oldusername
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2021

oldusername , Mar 14, 2021 :
    TWRP oxygen os encryption does not work. New types of bootloader introduced in Android 10 and OP developers hastily released broken firmware just to get the tag of "Android 10 out of the box" .

It was known from the day one by OP, still they launched the device.... Problem is they never fixed it, not even to this day.

Well, it could have been an another story for custom rom if they had fixed the Google keystore implementation.

Thing is, resurrection remix works awesome and so is the derpfest.... Thanks to closed source Chinese TWRP .

4. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 14, 2021 :
    You are right. Official PixelExperience ROM provides OTA updates. It happens monthly on my Pixel 2 XL. It is really strange, that for the OnePlus 7T there is not available any official custom ROM. I don't know why, because 7T devices have the same processor as 7T Pro, so...

I don't think so, that the reason is the data encryption issue, because AFAIK it has affect only during device updates, not when the new ROM is loading for device that has been restored to the factory settings.

PaulBuckle likes this.
  5. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2021

Kerkdriel_Online likes this.
  6. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2021

7. Kerkdriel_Online
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2021

devourerOfBits80 likes this.
  8. IftyWoW
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2021

IftyWoW , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Bro is carbon rom good.for oneplus 7? and in there website there is no changelog, i mean i cant see the android version or anything else, they only have download option! are you using this rom?

9. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 27, 2021 :
    AFAIK the CarbonROM is quite good, and the current version for your device is 8.0, based on Android 11. I don't have the OP7 device, so I didn't tested it.

The changelog for CarbonROM 8.0 is here: https://carbonrom.org/carbonrom/changelog/

#NeverAgain4OnePlus

IftyWoW likes this.
  10. IftyWoW
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2021

IftyWoW , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 27, 2021 :
    bro the thing is oneplus 7 has no permission on twrp for android 11, because of i installed my custom rom of pixel experience yesterday, when i was in oos11 i can't even install twrp in my phone after that i rollback to oos 10 and install twrp, then i install the custom rom! so i have some issue with android 11, i don't know that is it gonna ok or not!

11. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Hmmm... but PixelExperience doesn't use the TWRP. It has its own recovery image. What's wrong with Pixel Experience? I'm using it on my Google Pixel 2XL device and it works perfectly for me.

#NeverAgain4OnePlus

12. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb May 4, 2021

13. Praveen723
    Gingerbread May 16, 2021

Kerkdriel_Online likes this.
  14. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb May 16, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 16, 2021 :
    I'm using PixelExperience ROM in my Google Pixel 2XL device and it works perfectly. 😉 I think it should work fine also for 7T, but you know, it depends on the kernel version. Unfortunately I don't have any feedback from my friends, but only from the XDA. As I can see, people are writing there that it's the best custom ROM for 7T. 🙂

Sam197 and Kerkdriel_Online like this.
  15. Praveen723
    Gingerbread May 16, 2021

Praveen723 , via OnePlus 7T , May 16, 2021 :
    Can you give me the link to xda threa? I couldn't find android 11 based thread to refer to.

Thanks

16. oldusername
    Gingerbread May 16, 2021

oldusername , via OnePlus 7T , May 16, 2021 :
    Lineage OS has been released for 7T

17. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb May 16, 2021

aneesms, Sam197 and Praveen723 like this.
  18. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb May 16, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 16, 2021 :
    Yeah... I know, I know. I was using LineageOS in a few devices, but currently the PixelExperience is more attractive for me, because it's a credible copy of the ROM for Google Pixel devices with all their features. 🙂

Sam197 likes this.
  19. Praveen723
    Gingerbread May 16, 2021

devourerOfBits80 likes this.
  20. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb May 23, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , May 23, 2021 :
    How to install ADB and Fastboot

I know most of us know well how to install and use Android Platform Tools, but for novice users I'm attaching a short installation guide.

M$ Windows:
    1. Download the SDK Platform Tools ZIP package for Windows from the official Android website: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
    2. Extract the contents of the ZIP file to the top of the partition (eg. C:\platform-tools)
    3. Open up the Command Prompt or PowerShell window, and go to the extracted folder (eg. cd C:\platform-tools)
    4. Check if ADB is working fine: adb version. You should be able to see the current ADB version. That's all.
    Linux:
    1. Install the appropriate package. For Debian, use the command: sudo apt install android-sdk-platform-tools. For Arch Linux or Manjaro, use the command: sudo pacman -S android-tools.
    2. Open the console app and check if ADB is working fine: adb version. You should be able to see the current ADB version. That's all.