[Discussion] Anyone using Mi Band with the One?

?

Are you using a MiBand with your OnePlus One?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. wanyewkean
    Gingerbread May 7, 2015

wanyewkean , May 7, 2015 :
    Hello kawan-kawan,

As per title, anyone using miband with your OPO?
    If yes, please share your thought here.

How long you had it?
    Pros and Cons with your OPO?
    what is the feature you find it works really well with your OPO?
    comment etc?

2. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 7, 2015

kampuamee , May 7, 2015 :
    Nope, but I use my MiBand with my honor 6 (Andriod 4.4.2) and it works flawlessly.

I have been using it about a month, days and nights (I mean sleeping as well), it should work fine with andriod version 4.4 and above.

Didn't use the phone unlock function as I have never try out. I think it is not secure due to anybody can access your phone as long as you are nearby? Not really sure ;)

3. Jevoly
    Marshmallow May 7, 2015

Jevoly , May 7, 2015 :
    I'm using mi band for 1 week plus with my OPO and wearing it 24/7 just like @kampuamee. Ah mee, do you wear it when taking bath? :p

Initially pairing the mi band with OPO running Kitkat and now with Lollipop. There is no performance issue with both Android versions.

I tried the phone unlock feature. Once OPO is paired and unlocked with mi band for the first time, it can be unlocked no matter how far both of the gadgets stay apart as long as the bluetooth is on. What a BIG bug that I found. I'm not sure what is the issue here. :)

The official mi fit app is working fine. I encountered login issue a while back but now it's back to normal after the update.

thesun08, PRK.R, finaldentiny and 2 others like this.
  4. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 8, 2015

kampuamee , May 8, 2015 :
    of course not in the shower :)

thesun08 and Jevoly like this.
  5. wanyewkean
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

wanyewkean , May 8, 2015 :
    thanks for sharing :cool:

thanks for the sharing.
    interesting but kinda disappointing with the unlock features.
    initially, the unlock features available to lollipop device got my attention to my OPO.
    btw, there is a tweaked version of mifit from http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

Jevoly likes this.
  6. Jevoly
    Marshmallow May 8, 2015

Jevoly , May 8, 2015 :
    Then you should not said that you are wearing it day and night. :p
    I bring it with me when I shower. Hey man, IP67, don't be afraid.. Just do it. :cool:

Yeah, I saw that tweaked version before this, but not sure what is so different from the original Mi fit app. Will try it out.

PRK.R and kampuamee like this.
  7. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 8, 2015

kampuamee , May 8, 2015 :
    no way, i know it's water proof, but it will get dirty with soap accumulating underneath the unit ;)

Jevoly likes this.
  8. kschow88
    Honeycomb May 15, 2015

kschow88 , May 15, 2015 :
    My experience about same as what Jevoly description. Love the battery life for mi band as it last one month after full charge.

9. kschow88
    Honeycomb May 15, 2015

kschow88 , May 15, 2015 :
    Official version only receive vibration from phone call but tweaked version will receive vibration from whatsapp too.

10. ginn
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

ginn , May 16, 2015 :
    been using miband + OPO since I got my OPO in Dec. No issue at all till I lost the Miband in BKK..... The strap is no good, gotta becareful with it. Lost it while golfing.

11. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 16, 2015

kampuamee , May 16, 2015 :
    sorry to hear that :(
    but mine have no problem after a half day Sg. Lembing adventure trip into the waterfall trip ;)

12. hkgoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2015

hkgoh , May 21, 2015 :
    I use talkband B1 on my Honor 6(sold last month). Now use in OPO.

kampuamee likes this.
  13. r.m.syafiq
    Cupcake May 22, 2015

r.m.syafiq , May 22, 2015 :
    Guys is Miband able to track if im jogging but not bring along the fone that cnnected to? Means that after im done my jog sessions n then connect back to track the calorie burnt n so on. Pls reply. Tq

14. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 22, 2015

kampuamee , May 22, 2015 :
    yup, no need to connect to the phone while jogging, u just need to connect using mi fit app whenever u want to upload the data from your mi band to your smartphone ;)
    mi anniversary sales will starts soon on the 28th May ;)

15. r.m.syafiq
    Cupcake May 25, 2015

r.m.syafiq , May 25, 2015 :
    I seee . Sounds good. Where can i buy it ? Hehe

16. kampuamee
    Lollipop May 25, 2015

kampuamee , May 25, 2015 :
    go to mi malaysia ;)

finaldentiny likes this.
  17. kschow88
    Honeycomb May 27, 2015

18. YikShin
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2015

19. P1k4chu
    Eclair Jun 5, 2015

P1k4chu , Jun 5, 2015 :
    I've been using OPO with MiBand with the tweaked version of the app since March. It works flawlessly and no signs of battery drain or whatsoever on both devices. Now I am experimenting OPO with Pebble :D the only con about the MiBand is that the aluminium collects scratches easily, so be very careful with it unless you want signs of wear and tear on your MiBand lol!

20. P1k4chu
    Eclair Jun 5, 2015

P1k4chu , Jun 5, 2015 :
    Add MiBand as trusted devices under Settings> Lock Screen> Trusted Devices and under Lock Screen> Trust Agent, enable Smart Lock (Google)

finaldentiny likes this.