[Discussion] OnePlus 10 Design - Two Polar Claims, What are you rooting for?

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 5, 2021

YRJ , Sep 5, 2021 :
    20210903_221858_0000.png
    Image: Jermaine Smit - Concept Creator via LetsGoDigital

Hello everyone,

While the fate of OnePlus 9T still remains undecided, the 9RT made a brief appearance at the rumour mill last week. But that's not what we are talking about today. Tech moves faster than you think and whilst you're still caught between the uncertain 9T and a rumoured 9RT, there are already talks of the OnePlus 10. There are not one but two polar claims about the design of the OP10. While Dutch designer Jermaine Smit has imagined the OnePlus 10 in a bold new design, Twitter leaker Yogesh Brar claims the OnePlus 10 will follow the footsteps of the OnePlus 9 and offer a “polished look” while retaining a design similar to its predecessor.

Jermaine’s OnePlus 10 Concept

It is too early to discuss the core essentials but that didn't stop Concept Creator (Jermaine Smit) from publishing stunning concept renders of what he is claiming could be the OnePlus 10. Without delving into the details I'd like to ask you, what do you think of this design? If this is what the OnePlus 10 ends up looking like, how interested would you be?

20210903_224933_0000.png
    Image: Jermaine Smit - Concept Creator via LetsGoDigital
    The images show a OnePlus 10 Pro with a Bezel-less curved display, as you'd expect on a pro model. But the punch hole is nowhere to be seen, Jermaine has designed this concept with an under-display camera so there isn't much to see on the front here. However, it's the back where things get exciting. First off, you witness the return of the circular camera design (reminiscent of the Oreo on the 7T) in a dual-camera configuration (which is quite odd) - one wide and the other ultrawide. Surprisingly enough, there is now Xenon flash in place of the traditional LED flash, positioned alongside the dual cameras. The Hasselblad branding has moved outside of the camera island and is now stamped on a leather finish back, just below the camera bump. Jermaine is also anticipating the under development Bionic lens (T-lens) having faster autofocus capabilities and a super panoramic camera to debut with the OnePlus 10 Pro.

Jermaine also posted a 1 minute 23 seconds long video that shows you the concept from all angles. Real or not, the quality of rendering is highly commendable.

A small disclaimer before you proceed:

The renders are created by the concept creator and were published on the online magazine LetsGoDigital. These are, as it clearly states, “concept images for illustrative purposes only”. So you need to consider them as a mere creative creation from a concept artist. It is also worth noting that the OnePlus 10 is expected to be released only in late Q1 2022, so nothing is set in stone yet. A lot can and will change, but this is a good starting point to talk about what you expect from the 10th OnePlus flagship and where these renders stand.

Yogesh Brar’s Claim

Twitter leaker @heyitsyogesh recognised for several OnePlus leaks (which turned out to be true), recently tweeted that OnePlus is working on the 10 series which will be pitched as “polished series 9 models”. In addition, he also claims that there are new Nord devices and accessories in the works which shall be announced at the next launch event. While there isn't any clear information about the upcoming Nord devices or accessories, he has claimed that the design of the OnePlus 10 will be similar to the OnePlus 9.

Screenshot_20210904-222805.jpg

That leaves us with two quite polarized directions, OnePlus 10 as either a complete redesign or, as Yogesh claims, a polished version of the 9 series. What do you think, and more importantly, what are you rooting for? A bold new design or a polished OnePlus 9 Series look?

Do share your thoughts below!

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 5, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 5, 2021 :
    Is this the „soon“ thread?:)

I am rooting for a new design:)
    Like the OnePlus 7T camera setup-layout -> so I am for Jermaine‘s design

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 5, 2021

YRJ , Sep 5, 2021 :
    Nope. But that too will come soon. :p

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 5, 2021

5. Tomy159
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2021

Tomy159 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 5, 2021 :
    You know is nice concept and if looks like that and not have problems with overheat then I will bought it.
    Camera in middle is best choice 9Pro has in corner and is nightmare when you holding phone for pictures always my finger go there 😂
    Also if will have hide front camera is big plus. And if edge screen must be same from 9pro there is to small edge is like flat screen that I will prefer.
    Nice concept unlikely they never will do that 😂

6. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Sep 5, 2021

Aaron2017 , Sep 5, 2021 :
    I'm thinking the polished series 9 design will be more accurate. Although i'm all for a design change (if done correctly) i'm not a fan of Jermaine's design, more particular the rounded camera module on the back. That said, the quality of those renders is indeed great tho.

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Sep 5, 2021

8. Young_Blood
    KitKat Sep 5, 2021

A1631419382243 and Mahesh_1895 like this.
  9. SRD.
    Lollipop Sep 5, 2021

SRD. , Sep 5, 2021 :
    The Cute baby ghost Camera panel. Looks good to be honest. Reducing the no of cameras to 2 is a good idea. Better to have 2 useful camera than having 4 useless ones.
    Lack of punchhole is a big 👍. ( A realization of Concept 1 ??? )Mi Mix 4 though is having the same design ( may be )
    Undoubtedly, the quality of rendering is 👌👌👌.

10. Sravankumarjangam
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 5, 2021

11. H.S.S
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 5, 2021

H.S.S , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 5, 2021 :
    I just love the new design looks pretty attractive than the 7t one and also more classy.I honestly loved it.
    P.S. - I was bored of those top corner similar designs like in every single smartphone.

A1631419382243 and YRJ like this.
  12. hbk1402
    KitKat Sep 5, 2021

hbk1402 , Sep 5, 2021 :
    I am expecting "A Bold New" design but NOT a circular camera setup at the back. Something new!!!

13. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Sep 5, 2021

A1631419382243, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  14. MythicalAnimal
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2021

15. Abhishek654
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 5, 2021

16. Aaqilfas
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2021

17. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 5, 2021

Overzee , Sep 5, 2021 :
    :p
    [​IMG]

18. Overzee