Display bleeding issue (screen turning purple) via OnePlus 3T

1. Avenger88
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

Avenger88 , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Hi,

I have been using OP 3T mobile since 3years.
    Right now I am facing an issue with the display. The display is turning purple from left hand side to right.(screen bleeding issue), slowly that purple spot on the screen is increasing and spreading. I am not able to understand the reason why it is happening like this.
    Please find attached image showing the issue.

To understand the issue, I have seen some online posts where some reviewers say that this is a display problem and we need to replace it with a new one.
    Also reviewers mentioned that this purple colour screen bleeding issue will arise again within 2-3months after replacing the display.

So, I want to know from expert team of oneplus or our other users whether the same issue will arise again after replacing display. Is this correct??
    1602609153689.jpg

2. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 13, 2020

camohan , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Hi there, I have never heard of display issue reoccurring again due to purple leak thing.
    The purple liquid is leaked because the unit got hit or bumped against a surface unknowingly. It does not matter if it was a hard or small bump.
    One has to be careful that's it. When you change the display, it becomes new. Make sure to do it with Authorised service center.

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. Avenger88
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

Thanks for your reply.
    Is this purple leakage can happen with phone getting wet due to rain water ?? means if one can use phone outside when he stuck up in the rain??

4. camohan

camohan , Oct 13, 2020 :
    No. Purple leakage is on account of force or pressure on screen. So water during rains is not the issue.
    However using phone in rain may lead to water slippage inside which may effect the screen, motherboard, may cause electric spark, etc. So it's not advisable to use it in rain, bit of splash is fine, but water being water can slip in tinest of gaps. Plus water damages are not covered under warranty.

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. Avenger88
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

Pretty much cleared all my doubts...thanks again

Now I will replace the display with new one.

6. camohan

camohan , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Hi there, that's a good idea. Make sure to do it via official channels.

7. Avenger88
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

Definitely for sure I only prefer authorised service centres

camohan likes this.
  8. Rajesh Gundawar
    Cupcake May 19, 2021

Rajesh Gundawar , May 19, 2021 :
    Hi Avenger88,

I have the same issue, which is started recently and start spreading. Please can you help me out how you replaced the screen and how much price you spend to replace and time duration to?

Advance Thanks for sharing the information.

9. W1625535338361
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2021