Display Display brightness increases in ambient display

1. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 21, 2018

Starcommander , Nov 21, 2018 :
    Whenever I am using the fingerprint from ambient display entire elements go to full brightness causing some real trouble at night. However this is not the case while unlocking from lockscreen. Please fix this issue Asap

2. MasterMayo
    Eclair Nov 21, 2018

MasterMayo , Nov 21, 2018 :
    just because the opitcal scanner requires lots of light and exposure to fully recognise your fingerprint. that's basically the only downside to having an indisplay fingerprint scanner.

egocrax and Starcommander like this.
  3. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 21, 2018

Starcommander , Nov 21, 2018 :
    That doesn't happen in lockscreen. I am not saying the fingerprint brightness issue. I am saying entire screen brights up!

4. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

kevinplus2 , Nov 21, 2018 :
    Yes that is how it works

Starcommander likes this.
  5. inigosh
    Froyo Nov 22, 2018

inigosh , Nov 22, 2018 :
    The thing is that in the lockscreen only the fingerprint sensor stays with maximum brightness, as it should be in ambient display. In ambient mode all the elements increase their bright. Very disgusting at night.
    I don't think that's a hard issue to fix...

pierro451, eliamarisio, RiDEN and 3 others like this.
  6. laocheebye
    Froyo Nov 24, 2018

laocheebye , Nov 24, 2018 :
    wow u are right now that u mentioned it .. it only lights up fp area in lock screen but lighs up the whole screen in ambient display. this should definitely be fixed.

m23l, eliamarisio and Starcommander like this.
  7. Heliosmaster
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2018

Heliosmaster , Nov 25, 2018 :
    Furthermore, with fingerprint enabled, the display gets out (very briefly) from night light, even when you unlock it with your face

RiDEN and Starcommander like this.
  8. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 25, 2018

Starcommander , Nov 25, 2018 :
    Yup thats also a bug

RiDEN and Heliosmaster like this.
  9. RiDEN
    Froyo Jan 13, 2019

10. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2019

TheAyushJain , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Won't consider it as a bug I guess when the FPS is displayed on screen , the screen reverts to default screen calibration so as proper green light is projected for the FPS , and then it changes to whatever screen calibration the user has set after unlocking

Consider it as a limitation of In Display FingerPrint Scanner
    But that Ambient Display Issue is annoying and hopefully OnePlus can find a way around it.
    One recommendation from my side - Disable Whole ambient display when the finger is placed on scanner so only that area will light up and whole display remains black.

Starcommander likes this.
  11. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 14, 2019

Starcommander , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Thats perfect

12. bendtherules
    Cupcake May 5, 2019

bendtherules , May 5, 2019 :
    How to do this?

Facing the same issue.

Also, it feels like ambient display is always much brighter than lock screen. Maybe it doesn't consider the brightness settings