Display bug or problem - horizontal lines

1. iacoplus Froyo Jun 14, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I had some trouble with WIFI not connecting as well, but resetting indeed worked. But to be honest it happened once in a month, so that doesn't bother me. Anyways indeed I'm happy I had an official reply as well, hopefully they'll let me or the community know something soon [e]1f604[/e]

2. G_Alex_Martin_gATf Donut Jun 14, 2019

G_Alex_Martin_gATf, Jun 14, 2019 :
    FINALLY! I have that problem too!
    Last week I spoke with Oneplus and they replace my phone, and today the new phone has arrived and it has the same problem
    I've been searching for someone else who has the same problem too much days!

iacoplus likes this.
  3. iacoplus Froyo Jun 14, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Sorry to hear you went through the whole return process because of it, here several people noticed after I posted the first time so we knew already it wasn't an individual faulty device we were looking at :(

4. iacoplus Froyo Jun 14, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Maybe you can also use the section "Provide a feedback" and report the issue again with some pics? More feedback means more visibility and quicker action by OnePlus towards a solution

5. G_Alex_Martin_gATf Donut Jun 14, 2019

iacoplus likes this.
  6. G_Alex_Martin_gATf Donut Jun 14, 2019

G_Alex_Martin_gATf, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I sent some photos to the oneplus support mail and I have another thread in spanish showing the problem

iacoplus likes this.
  7. Koolzy Lollipop Jun 16, 2019

Koolzy, Jun 16, 2019 :
    Did they acknowledge that it was a hardware issue?
    I think that a lot of us have that problem but don't see it.
    The problem is that after you see it you'll see it everywhere.
    I also have this issue.

iacoplus likes this.
  8. iacoplus Froyo Jun 16, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I did not receive an official answer in respect to that, but they did aknowledge the issue as something to address asap. Indeed it's something that once you see it's hard to not notice anymore, but many users will probably never notice even, that's why there's not too many comments around yet.

I will contact the support again this coming week to see if they have news or at least can provide some update.

Koolzy likes this.
  9. Spectr_ Eclair Jun 16, 2019

Spectr_, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I just noticed and I too have it. However, the chances of this being a hardware issue are close to zero. There is no hardware fault that applies only to a few instances like tables, etc. I'm a developer and my opinion is that this is almost certainly something buggy with the software.

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon

G_Alex_Martin_gATf and iacoplus like this.
  10. Koolzy Lollipop Jun 16, 2019

Koolzy, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I share the same opinion. But I don't see any information regarding of Oneplus team being working on a fix to this problem.

G_Alex_Martin_gATf likes this.
  11. G_Alex_Martin_gATf Donut Jun 16, 2019

G_Alex_Martin_gATf, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I explained the problem to the OnePlus Support mail, and they said that they'll investigate the issue.
    I shared with them the link to this thread and some pictures of my display having this lines, so I hope they're really investigating this.

iacoplus likes this.
  12. iacoplus Froyo Jun 16, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 16, 2019 :
    Yes I did the same one week ago, not much more we can do at the moment. It would be nice if more people would notice and join the thread. The ghost touch issue was so quick to be solved because of the enormous amount of feedback and comments OP received.

Maybe we could post somewhere else like XDA forum if anyone has an account already, or something like that?

Koolzy likes this.
  13. iacoplus Froyo Jun 17, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 17, 2019 :
    So I was contacted again and this is the reply I received after a week I reported the issue using the 'Provide feedback' section. You can imagine I was not very happy with it...

1560787165845.jpg

Koolzy likes this.
  14. Koolzy Lollipop Jun 17, 2019

Koolzy, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Clearly this is not due to any reflection of light.
    I think this problem will only going to be properly acknowledge if this become the size of the ghost touches issue.
    Only if more people start to make some noise...

15. iacoplus Froyo Jun 17, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I'm going to create an XDA account tomorrow after work, and post all of the pics plus links to this thread. Hopefully we'll be heard.

I'm not sure how it goes when we post here in the community, for them to see and check I mean, but I expected someone from the staff would have noticed and given some official comment already.

Koolzy likes this.
  16. Lucazh Eclair Jun 18, 2019

iacoplus and Koolzy like this.
  17. iacoplus Froyo Jun 18, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 18, 2019 :
    I am still waiting for a reply from them, I linked this thread to the bug hunter team last time, hopefully they'll have noticed all these pictures. Thanks for joining the discussion and sharing your photos!

Koolzy likes this.
  18. iacoplus Froyo Jun 20, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Last update from my discussion with the OnePlus bug hunter team, after I have sent them all the pics and referenced this thread for pics of other users. You can judge by yourself...

Any of you any way to get OnePlus' direct attention on this thread? It's really starting to bother me the fact that no one is aknowledging this issue despite the numerous reports.

1561029656221.jpg

Koolzy and Szityu like this.
  19. Koolzy Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

Koolzy, Jun 20, 2019 :
    This is ridiculous...
    I was hoping not to try RMA the phone but now I'm starting to think that there will not be another option...
    Only if more people start to do that maybe they will acknowledge the problem.

20. iacoplus Froyo Jun 20, 2019

iacoplus, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I contacted the support on Twitter again, don't know what else to do.

I have no options because I can't return it anymore, and if I exchange it saying that's a faulty device I'll get the same (as it happened for other users).