Display colours via OnePlus Nord

1. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 15, 2020

4gandhis , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 15, 2020 :
    The Nord's colours of photos taken are not natural. Why do photos show better and truer colours on my One Plus 5 than the Nord? Isn't the Nord meant to be a better phone? Went to Service Station n showed him the same photos on both the devices. Wasted 45 mins with him as he fiddled around with the settings on the Nord and eventually told me that the screens on both the phones were different and so no photos would look alike. In other words colours on the 5 are way better than the Nord

2. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 15, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 15, 2020 :
    What are the screen settings on both. Oneplus 5 was known for having an oversaturated screen however.

3. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 15, 2020

4gandhis , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 15, 2020 :
    I am technology challenged and so cannot tell you my screen settings. But the Service Centre went through my phone's n did everything he could to get me the same colours as on the 5 but couldn't. The colours on the Nord don't show up correctly. However when I send a picture taken from the Nord to the 5, the colours on the 5 is truer to the original.

4. Aditya Javadekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2020

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 15, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 15, 2020 :
    It's newer. That's for sure.

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  6. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 18, 2020

4gandhis , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 18, 2020 :
    One would expect a newer model to be better than older models. But not in this case. Seems to me that One Plus has moved backwards as far as the Nord is concerned. Very sad for Nord owners.

7. Aditya Javadekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2020

Aditya Javadekar , Oct 18, 2020 :
    I too have the Nord and I like it
    But I upgraded from a low tier phone.
    You downgraded from a flagship to a mid range phone

8. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 18, 2020

I agree with you 100%.
    However, do you have a picture quality issue? Not getting the right color when you review your pictures.

9. Aditya Javadekar

I think potrait mode makes the colours dull overall.
    Normally, I get the expected results.

10. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 18, 2020

I presume you are conversant with most aspects of the Nord. Could you please help me in getting my Display settings right? Where n what I should do.

11. Aditya Javadekar

Go to Settings>Display >Advanced> Screen Calibration

Choose whichever mode you want
    1603033003545.jpg

12. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 20, 2020

4gandhis , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Thanks to Aditya's post I have been able to check the display settings on both my 5 and Nord. Both are on 'Vivid' mode. The quality of the picture is still far superior on the 5. Can you suggest anything I could do to bring the Nord anywhere near the 5 quality? Have set the 'brightness' levels the same on both phones.

13. Aditya Javadekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2020

Aditya Javadekar , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I think as @Tokolozi mentioned, the 5 was known to have an oversaturated screen, meaning it may show much more colour which is not natural. Also,check if night mode or reading mode are switched on. If not, do send a picture clicked from another device of the same image on both the phones side by side.

Tokolozi likes this.
  14. 4gandhis
    Donut Oct 20, 2020

4gandhis , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Night mode is not on.
    Regarding posting a photo from another phone I will have to wait till tomorrow for a younger friend to visit so he could help me post it. Please bear with me.

15. Aditya Javadekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2020

Aditya Javadekar , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Ok. I'll be waiting