Display Deep Dive - OnePlus 7 Pro Gets DisplayMate A+ Rating

1. Pete CEO Staff Member Apr 29, 2019

Pete, Apr 29, 2019 :
    forum.png

Hello friends,

We’re proud to announce that the new OnePlus 7 Pro has received an A+ Top Tier Display Rating from DisplayMate for its record-breaking display. You may probably ask what is DisplayMate? It’s the world’s leading evaluator of displays and is well known for conducting an advanced series of comprehensive in-depth lab tests and measurements for smartphone displays.

But what does this mean for you? Whether it’s the color accuracy, brightness, contrast accuracy or pixel density, the OnePlus 7 Pro scored exceptionally well across every parameter, providing you a markedly better, sharper, and more enjoyable viewing experience. Other than that, you can also adjust the display’s color gamut and color temperature to get the most suitable screen calibration for yourself.

The display on OnePlus 7 Pro not only provides an impeccable viewing experience, but also protects your eyes even after prolonged hours of use. Our display has also received the ‘Safety for Eyes’ certification from the independent and neutral VDE Testing and Certification Institute for its ability to better filter out harmful blue lights. Its upgraded eye protection features allow for an adjustable temperature and brightness to enhance eye comfort.

Our top performing display is not only stunning to look at from every angle, it features a smoothness unlike ever before. It is so smooth that words alone cannot do it justice and we hope you’ll be able to join us on May 14 for one of the four launch events to experience it first-hand. If you can’t, DisplayMate Technologies will be publishing an in-depth Display Technology Shoot-Out article on our device simultaneously with our launch event.

By receiving an A+ Top Tier Display Rating from DisplayMate, we’re setting a new benchmark for smartphone displays with the launch of our new device. When it comes to providing the best experience possible to our users, as always, we Never Settle.

Pete

2. TheAvengingTITAN Froyo Apr 29, 2019

3. otto2 Lollipop Apr 29, 2019

otto2, Apr 29, 2019 :
    OK, so you ll try to make the camera pictures better with a display???

Maybe you should remember : "Clearer pictures" - we re still waiting for some new and breakthrough camera - instead of working on your promises, you just dive away and promise something new?
    Better you ll tell us, why we should pay almost same money as for the huawei P30 pro for a device which is not on par?

4. manuel19 Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2019

manuel19, Apr 29, 2019 :
    So it was true, Pete would be joining us today with some news :D Awesome, can't wait to see the screen myself!! :)

jlasensiofi and Saliou like this.
  5. Chuck_James Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

devkoobapu and Saliou like this.
  6. Chuck_James Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

Chuck_James, Apr 29, 2019 :
    I think a bit of software processing for clarity and colors will be just enough to get up in the top

7. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Sounds like the display got some special treatment. With 6T's display already being so good, I can't wait to see what's in store for the OnePlus 7!

vasu97, ChrisX0z, Joseph325 and 4 others like this.
  8. gneitingable Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

gneitingable, Apr 29, 2019 :
    I'm excited to see what this actually looks like in comparison to other smartphones. I feel like this will be a drastic upgrade from previous OP smartphones. :D Thanks for the update Pete!

devkoobapu, vasu97 and Saliou like this.
  9. otto2 Lollipop Apr 29, 2019

otto2, Apr 29, 2019 :
    No software can beat physics. They achieved a lot with software, yes, but competitors aren t lazy and the price tag of the OP7 pro is showing, that Oneplus has forgotten another goal. Build a phone, as cool as the I phone, but way cheaper....

mactoni, ChrisX0z, volteon and 13 others like this.
  10. Eslavath_Roshan Honeycomb Apr 29, 2019

Eslavath_Roshan, Apr 29, 2019 :
    [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

11. the_o2 Lollipop Apr 29, 2019

the_o2, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Ok, but all the 'YouTube tech reviewers and ...' always said that the display of OP 5/6/T is as good as the Samsung's flagship you can't able to tell the difference in such a small screen and battery life is good too because of that.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now see what they are gonna say now and how battery life will effects ;);)

12. the_o2 Lollipop Apr 29, 2019

the_o2, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Good point mate,
    I always hate false advertisement, hope this not gonna happen with OP7 pro :)

13. Dukkied Honeycomb Apr 29, 2019

Dukkied, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Can't be bad news, when you get a top review, so well done and congrats!

And to you vinegarpiddlers, yes, yes, you are right:rolleyes:

otto2 and Saliou like this.
  14. tushar__mittal Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  15. Saliou Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  16. Fidda Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  17. Chuck_James Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

Chuck_James, Apr 29, 2019 :
    I just found this..
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/oneplus-7-pro-camera

Camera quality looks very good.

18. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha Eclair Apr 29, 2019

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Can't wait for this incredible display.
    But you should also not compromise on any field like Camera or Stereo Speakers, WiFi 6 compatibility, etc.

19. Chuck_James Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

20. thecursedchild Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

thecursedchild, Apr 29, 2019 :
    This ^

Camera performance is what concerns me.With a flagship price set for the 7Pro,OnePlus should step up in their camera game.

This early hands on review of the 7 Pro's camera is a bit disappointing.
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/oneplus-7-pro-camera