Display Deep Dive - OnePlus 7 Pro Gets DisplayMate A+ Rating

1. W1558121742826
    Eclair May 20, 2019

W1558121742826 , May 20, 2019 :
    I have used one plus 7 pro for 5 days .. and the conclusion is it's not worth the cost ..

I face some app crash

Front camera is not flagship level even oppo k1 has better front camera ..(need a lot of optimization)

Back camera is only good in some cases

Miss 3.5 mm jack (they don't even give connector with this device)

Face unlock is slower than v15 pro

Portrait shots not good enough (too soft images)

Battery backup is not optimized with its 90hz screen. (Have to charge 2 times - not a heavy gamer)

I feel like i have paid that much amount for its display only [e]1f625[/e]

fix this issue one plus

GoNzRz likes this.
  2. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread May 20, 2019

Christopher Doherty , May 20, 2019 :
    wow that's upsetting. I just ordered one but they have a 15 day return policy so I'll give it a shot but it's disappointing to hear. hopefully my experience might be better cause I like oneplus and don't want to switch.

GoNzRz likes this.
  3. W1558121742826
    Eclair May 20, 2019

W1558121742826 , May 20, 2019 :
    message me with anything .

and when you got your device tell me your opinion about portrait shots ..

GoNzRz likes this.
  4. GoNzRz
    Eclair May 20, 2019

GoNzRz , May 20, 2019 :

Christopher Doherty

wow that's upsetting. I just ordered one but they have a 15 day return policy so I'll give it a shot but it's disappointing to hear. hopefully my experience might be better cause I like oneplus and don't want to switch.​

I am so sorry that if what he has said put you off a bit

5. GoNzRz
    Eclair May 20, 2019

GoNzRz , May 20, 2019 :
    im so sorry that you have experienced all these things that are not up to your standards have you reported these problems to OnePlus them selves that would be appreciated because if you do that they will listen and fix all the issues to the best of their ability

6. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread May 21, 2019

Christopher Doherty , May 21, 2019 :
    yeah I will and the reason I don't care to much is cause the camera is low on my list of must haves or features I need/want. I pretty much know going into it there's phones with much better cameras. but I don't take alot of pics. I really care about the display, software, performance, battery (witch u said wasn't good and that sucks) and the display is a BIG part of it for me cause I watch alot of videos and movies. but yeah I'll let u know what I think when it comes in.

GoNzRz likes this.
  7. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread May 21, 2019

8. Johnson10789
    Cupcake May 23, 2019

Johnson10789 , May 23, 2019 :
    from all the "bad camera" hype in this thread I was expecting it to look like a flip phone.

9. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

Christopher Doherty , May 23, 2019 :
    yeah im happy i dont require an awesome camera in my smart phone as long as it takes decent pictures for when i want it of me and friends and small stuff thats fine with me. most smart phone cameras do the job for me

10. mattyelle1
    Gingerbread May 26, 2019

mattyelle1 , May 26, 2019 :
    A+ ? My OP 7 Pro is unable to play HDR content from my Plex (HDR10) nor Netflix (Dolby Vision). I compared against my Sony x900f TV: no details in dark areas on phone where TV shows plenty, no bright white lights while TV is indistinctively HDR, and colours are less vibrant on OP 7 Pro than while playing Netflix on an old Samsung s8.

My understanding of HDR10+ certification is that device must be able to be backward compatible with HDR10 content. Also Dolby Vision plays as HDR10 on devices certified to this level. So basically OP 7 Pro is unable to play HDR10 content properly :(

I might return the phone unless OP can reassure me this is being fixed. I'm comparing this A+ OLED display to a 2.5 year old phone and an LED TV. Unacceptable.

11. Pietruz
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

12. P1558968905405
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

13. Namith19
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

14. devesh darji
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

devesh darji , May 28, 2019 :
    It's not inbuilt. You can find in Play store. I really don't understand that every flagship device doesn't have FM.Any Logic?

15. Madhuchowdary
    Cupcake May 29, 2019

16. mattyelle1
    Gingerbread May 29, 2019

mattyelle1 , May 29, 2019 :
    I fixed the issue. Don't watch HDR content (at least not HDR10 via Plex) with Night Mode enabled. It's too bad display doesn't change to DCI-P3 automatically when watching HDR video in full screen mode. The moment you leave and go into menus it should go back to night mode.

17. jtec99
    Eclair May 31, 2019

jtec99 , May 31, 2019 :
    It would be amazing if you could get us a few hundred more nits out of this screen. It's beautiful but the S8+ has a brighter screen. It's summer and we could use all the visibility we could get. thanks

18. mattyelle1
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

mattyelle1 , May 31, 2019 :
    I'm afraid it's likely the physical limit of which this OLED is capable. Samsung kept it's brightest displays for its flagships for better HDR performance. It's an important selling point if you consume high quality content.

The auto brightness mode goes higher in NITs compared to manually maxing it out. So leave it in auto but to max it will do it's best. Just don't use dark backgrounds for daytime...black text on white is easier to read in sun because it fights off reflections.

19. jtec99
    Eclair May 31, 2019

jtec99 , May 31, 2019 :
    Thanks Matty. I do try to keep it on auto.. the higher nits for HDR being the main reason. honestly I haven't seen the HDR kick in yet... even when YouTube plays it. you have any ideas?

20. mattyelle1
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

mattyelle1 , May 31, 2019 :
    Yes! I had that issue as well. I clearly see it now, although bright highlights not quite matching my x900f Sony TV. OLED is better for dark scenes because no blooming by dimming zones.

Set Display setting to DCI-P3 or OLED Wide Gamut, and make sure Night Mode is OFF. For me Night Mode was the issue.