Display Deep Dive - OnePlus 7 Pro Gets DisplayMate A+ Rating

1. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 6, 2019

mattyelle1 , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Test it I'm not sure. It needs to be rated for 30W...it may only be good for Dash charge even if using with warp charge brick

2. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 6, 2019 :
    yeah I thought the cable wouldn't make a difference but when I googled it apparently it can. and I've been watching jack Ryan and it's WAY better then my S8+ and 6t which I guess isn't really surprising.

3. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 6, 2019 :
    I just wish my battery was a little better. some ppl have been better then mine from what I've seen. my drains quicker then others in the thread.

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

elanglois , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I'll test it when I get home. I believe dash charge and warp charge cables are interchangeable but I have both

5. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 7, 2019 :
    yeah I have the fast charge flat cable that they released with the 6t. for some reason on the 6t they didn't call it dash charge. I hope they are that way I don't have to buy the warp charge varient.

6. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 7, 2019

mattyelle1 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Oh...the 6T comes with 30W Warp Charge doesn't it? So it should be rated for 30W and work. I bought a second Warp charge brick and cable and got this long flat cable seems to match your description. It works with Warp

7. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

no the 6t comes with a "fast charger" and I bought a second fast charger so I can have one at work with the long flat cable .but now that there using warp charge I guess I gotta buy another. here's some pics of the one for the 6t and the one for the 7pro.
    1559906191190.jpg

1559906191228.jpg

1559906191263.jpg

1559906191295.jpg

8. G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj , Jun 7, 2019 :
    it's a great display. I have an S10 plus as well and I'd go so far to say overall I prefer OnePlus 7 pro. I think the S10 plus is a little brighter and the colours pop more. But the OnePlus doesn't have a notch at all. it's colours are a little more muted but more accurate. someone coming from a phone that's not a Samsung will really notice an improvement. Those coming from.latesr Samsung might find it a little less.colourful I think is the best word. But I have to.say the OnePlus 7 pro has an absolute beast of a screen. it's simply beautiful and very very colour accurate. IMO!

HardstylerDK and mattyelle1 like this.
  9. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 7, 2019

I find the OnePlus to also look better. My s10+ doesn't get as bright unless in direct daylight in auto mode. What I don't like about s10+ display is:

1) Infinity O Cutout: Messes with too many apps in full screen mode & some funny glitches.

2) Yellow Hue: Samsung didn't just cut blue light outside the observable spectrum because the screen has a yellow hue in all conditions. OnePlus 7 Pro is white.

3) Not As Tall: The 7 Pro's: 19.5-9 aspect ratio doesn't impact how I can handle the phone one handed. It's well balanced. Extra height without cutout make it better for scrolling content, watching movies and playing games like PUBG.

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

I did some tests with a long dash charge cable for 3T (may not be OEM, but it does function in Dash mode) and my OP7 Pro cable. Each phone was plugged into its respective charger and only the cable was swapped.

The 3T was charging at 2.6A with its cable. The 7 Pro cable brought it to 2.8A, likely due to the fact that it's much shorter. The dash cable on the 7 Pro hits around the same amperage. Using the Pro's original OEM cable beings the charge rate to 4.6A!

So ... maybe the 3T's cable is counterfeit and not as high quality or maybe the cable DOES have some differences after all.

11. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2019

yeah I'm gonna test it with the fast charge cable cause that's a little newer then the dash charge cable and see if there's a difference between that one and the warp charge cable cause they just released the fast charge cable with the 6t so it's not old. if it does work just as good it be funny cause then there selling the new "warp" charge cable for more money then the fast charge one and there both still listed on the site. so I kinda hope they aren't the same. but also hope they are lol

12. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 7, 2019

Its just not rated to deliver 30W of power. The gauge of cables inside that knockoff is too small, could overheat and cause a fire.

13. bul377
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 7, 2019

Its not getting warm at all. Oneplus cables have been known to melt! The Oneplus 2 cables were a disasster!

A knock-off? What a Chinese knock-off? Guess what ... all Oneplus stuff is made in China and they source parts from China!

15. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 8, 2019

mattyelle1 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I thought you said you were using a knockoff. either way I guess I meant a non OnePlus branded cable.

That's good. The cable should have small chip in the usb A head....so it won't allow more wattage than its gauge can support. I'm not sure all cables incorporate this though

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2019

elanglois , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Not looked into the cable much. It looks 100% like a Oneplus cable, says it is, was sold as one, and supports Dash charge on my 3T. But ... did Oneplus sell 5' cables? The one with the phone was much smaller.

And if its a knockoff ... would it make a difference? Oneplus likely has them sourced from another manufacturer in China. A Chinese knockoff of a another Chinese manufacturer??? I'm thinking it doesn't matter. It's all Chinese and even Oneplus cables melted (Op2) and had issues with not being made to spec (all original type C cables and the infamous missing resistor).

For $5, its been working just fine on the 3T, doesn't seem to like the 7

17. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 8, 2019 :
    yeah I tried to use my Anker braided cable cus I like braided cables but it wouldn't warp charge like it does with the wire that comes with the 7 pro. =(

18. G1559925855195
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

19. charleswonder
    Donut Jun 9, 2019

20. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 9, 2019

elanglois , Jun 9, 2019 :
    Yes, regular cables won't work