Display Deep Dive - OnePlus 7 Pro Gets DisplayMate A+ Rating

1. Abdul Basith2
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2019

2. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 10, 2019 :
    yeah besides the few bugs I've had to deal with I enjoy it to. I'm still only getting notifications for certain apps when I open them. and a couple other things. but the haptic motor is the best I've ever had with all my other phones I've turned it off cause it made the typing feel terrible but they did a great job.

3. Weirdpepperguy
    Froyo Jun 12, 2019

4. nightshade41
    Donut Jun 14, 2019

nightshade41 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    congratulations to one+ it is a very nice screen I do prefer accurate screen rather than oversaturated one

5. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 20, 2019 :
    @mattyelle1 is it normal for the background to be blurred even when I'm using the regular camera not portrait mode? if it's gonna blur it either way what's the point in portrait? this pic is without portrait mode just point and shoot.
    1561050866930.jpg

6. mattyelle1
    Froyo Jun 20, 2019

mattyelle1 , Jun 20, 2019 :
    it's normal, normally portrait will heavily blur background beyond the point the normal camera will via software. I admit there isn't much more blur from bokeh effect on 7 Pro. but the portrait mode is great (provided not in low light) because it uses 2.2x telephoto camera so you have undistorted face and will capture more landscape in background. Its also the only camera mode that uses all 13MP of telephoto lens.

7. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 20, 2019 :
    ok cool I just wanted to make sure that it's normal. cause I couldn't remember if my 6t and S8+ used to do that. and yeah I like the portrait mode but it crops the photo MUCH more then other phones I've tried. like when I was holding the phone on that water bottle in the pic and then clicked portrait it cropped it like crazy and I had to move back alot. you like the portrait mode?

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

elanglois , Jun 20, 2019 :
    Depends on aperature which determines depth of field, so which camera is used and the distance to the background determines this.

Portrait mode does this effect artificially.

9. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 21, 2019 :
    now.all.the suddeny phones not getting phones calls or text until I try to make a call then everything will come thru at once. aggravated

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

elanglois , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Are you using VoWiFi?

11. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 21, 2019 :
    umm idk what Vowifi is but I've been connected to my wifi since I got it and I got it when it came out and I've never had this happen. so why would it start all the sudden ?

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

elanglois , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Voice Over WiFi is like VoLTE but uses your WiFi connection instead of your LTE data connection to place calls.

13. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 22, 2019 :
    yeah it's still happening even when I'm not connected to WiFi. idk what to do.

14. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 22, 2019 :
    actually maybe it is only happening when I'm connected to the wifi but why would it just start doing that all the sudden. ? and do you know anyway to fix it or why it started all the sudden?

15. T1561203183016
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2019

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2019

elanglois , Jun 22, 2019 :
    Pie has some serious VoWiFi bugs that Google isn't admitting. I have opened a Feedback report on it. My friend has as well. Imagine if your WiFi goes to sleep and you are using VoWiFi.

Do you have a VoWiFi symbol in your statusbar? Or if you pull down your notifications, does it say WiFi Calling (see in my screenshot). If so, see if turning off VoWiFi fixes the problem.

In either case, make a bug report in Feedback

1561212528588.jpg

17. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 23, 2019 :
    so should I turn off wifi calling in the settings and that'll fix it? cause I had it turned on but it's so weird that this problem started all the sudden cause I've always had it on and it worked fine now I don't get calls or text until I try calling someone then all my text come thru. but either way it's happening now I guess so I have to accept it so should I turn wifi calling off now that this is happening ?