3. vincent.liu Froyo May 11, 2019

4. akshay_saha Donut May 12, 2019

akshay_saha, May 12, 2019 :
    [e]1f602[/e] [e]1f602[/e]

manuel19 likes this.
  5. csrcsr07 Lollipop May 13, 2019

6. mit2nil Froyo May 13, 2019

mit2nil, May 13, 2019 :
    Well you seem to be making lot of presumptions in making your arguments without understanding my point.

1. First of all, I never said I don't like HDR. In fact HDR is some of the best content I ve ever seen. So stop ranting about that.

2. You must be living under the rock. In US you can hardly find a 1080p tvs anymore let alone 1080 HDR and seeing 1080p upscaled at 4k even with hdr is not fun, specially if you have 65' or anything bigger.

3. As far content goes, yes Netflix/Amazon Prime does have growing collection of 4K HDR, in fact here is latest list https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/find-netflix-amazon-hdr-content-2942413 but you are not in luck if you watch any kind of sports, any kind of cable or any other established media. Even Netflix/prime has very miniscule percentage 4k HDR among their libraries ( mostly originals) and even smaller portion of that are interesting shows ( which varies person to person of course). Hack the biggest show in the world, Game of thrones is also not in 4k, forget HDR. Reason for. all this is money and economics. 4k hdr content is expensive to produce and harder to stream/download for most of people due to dull average internet speeds n data caps across the world.

4. If you do little more research, you would learn that HDR is such a overused term. there is HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby HDR and HLG. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video everyone including hardware vendors like samsung/lg and content providers are all fighting with each other or keep changing camps and there is no single standard everyone is abiding by. And don't even start with 8k tvs shown at this year's ces.

5. Coming to main reason for my comment was HDR10+ on phone screen. Good luck with watching hours of Netflix, amazon prime on tiny phone screen downscaled to 1080p or 2k. Or low quality ameatur hdr content on YouTube and other video platforms.

6. Finally, you seem to have never read the history of display technology and kind of shenanigans companies do. 3d display, plasma display, curved display, led vs oled vs qled vs quantum dots n now folding display. At the end companies keep experimenting with early adopters money until something sticks. I really hope 4k hdr ( in fact 4k 60 fps hdr) becomes a standard in coming years but until then I would stick witch what is battle tested n works well.

K1558649247528 likes this.
  7. mit2nil Froyo May 13, 2019

mit2nil, May 13, 2019 :
    And don't forget to take display insurance for 15k rupee repair for ur shiny new hdr10+ screen, you're gonna need it

8. adnan.quazi Cupcake May 13, 2019

9. V1540363683824 Cupcake May 13, 2019

10. Fcukjerry Eclair May 13, 2019

Fcukjerry, May 13, 2019 :
    So Far, Very Promising & Classy. Can't wait for the event & yeah hands on the new BOMB.

Count Down Begins... Tik Tok... Tik Tok...!

11. katuuu Cupcake May 13, 2019

12. jgarcia1237 Honeycomb May 13, 2019

jgarcia1237, May 13, 2019 :
    I have always had oneplus devices since the very first phone... They have never let me down.... Well, maybe the oneplus 2..... Just a little... Lol

13. meatandy Nougat May 13, 2019

meatandy, May 13, 2019 :
    How do you know , Have you officially seen it yet ?

14. katuuu Cupcake May 13, 2019

katuuu, May 13, 2019 :
    no but thought it was some good word play

meatandy likes this.
  15. v4vamsi Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2019

16. Bloodlust Froyo May 13, 2019

17. P1536673777380 Cupcake May 13, 2019

18. mit2nil Froyo May 14, 2019

mit2nil, May 14, 2019 :
    Yeah so do the $900 price tag[e]1f602[/e]

19. venkat kalyan challa Cupcake May 14, 2019

20. tekknikal Eclair May 14, 2019

tekknikal, May 14, 2019 :
    Your exact words were "worthless crap", and then you inferred that you were unhappy with your TV purchase. It isn't a leap to read that as saying you think HDR is not a worthy feature. Really that was the whole point of my response to you. I even said in my reply to you, that it isn't entirely necessary on a phone, but if I'm being honest, I've watched Netflix on my phone before in HDR and I'm happy I had the feature on my phone.

Maybe you didn't understand, but I was providing an example to underscore just how big of an impact HDR is. I wasn't suggesting that one should go out and buy a 1080p HDR TV. I would also argue that 1080p upscaling quality greatly depends on the processor in your TV. I have a good example of it in my living room.

Totally agree on Game of Thrones, but it isn't even in 4K, so I think it's pretty damn clear that HBO just sucks. This is the case for sports as well. Many sports are not broadcast in 4K either, but why aren't you waving your pitchfork about 4K? There is still plenty of HDR content... obviously it is not everything, but it is certainly taking off.

And yet truly there are 2 main options... HDR10+ and HDR10 share backwards compatibility... Dolby Vision is only ever offered when there is also a HDR10 option available as well... and HLG isn't used in the mainstream. Seems silly to make this out to be more than it really is.

HDR has nothing to do with downscaling, or really even the resolution. You could feasibly have HDR on ANY resolution. Thus the size of the screen really doesn't matter. If you find it at all acceptable to watch ANY video on a phone screen for any reason, then I can't fathom why you would not approve of watching that video with dynamic contrast and much better lighting.

Which really is my entire point. Every 2 years they make some major new shift or buzz word they are going to sell you. The other one you didn't mention was when they kept trying to push higher fake refresh rates and never increasing the actual native refresh rate.

The thing is, HDR is a for real "WOW" feature, not some marketing buzz word that TV manufacturers are using to move as many units as they can on Black Friday. And yeah, there is tons of content. Of course it isn't everything, but we don't even have everything in 1080p at 60 frames yet. Technology moves slow, especially in broadcast TV. Are we at peak HDR yet? Nope, but it is far from worthless crap or a white elephant, whether on your TV or your phone.