Display has gone mad

1. Veyron1997
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

Veyron1997 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    My screen is sometimes not responding and then the phone hangs and all I get is white and black dots like we used to get whem the cable tv was off. Don't know why it is there. just need it fixed asap. this has happened for like 20times now in the past one week or so . I have cleared my internal memory and also switched off and on my phone . I need a fix to this @Oneplus.
    1591343018479.jpg

1591343018520.jpg

2. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jun 5, 2020

Horsault , Jun 5, 2020 :
    You should go to your nearest OnePlus service center or contact support to get a repair.

Caomhin, Artemus. and Tobikage like this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 5, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Contact support or visit a service station if you have one nearby then.

This is a hardware issue.
    Posting about your problem on a community forum isn't going to help.

Caomhin and Artemus. like this.
  4. L1559408020662
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

L1559408020662 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    hi man,
    this happened to me for the first time in 2 years. how does it get fixed? i mean how were you ble to make it work. i can feel the password keypad under the black screen. how should i restart the phone. will that fix it?

Attached Files:

5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Try going into Safe Mode. And remove any recent app installs or updates that may be causing the issue. Also backup all your data while in Safe mode.

Method 1

Press the power button to bring up the power menu, now long press Power Off option you will get the option to boot into safe mode. Select OK

Method 2

Turn off your Android device by holding the power button and selecting the power off option from the menu.

Once your device has been powered off, long press the power button to turn it back on and wait till you see the device manufacturer or the Android logo.

Once you see the logo, press and hold the volume down button until your device reboots.

Release the power button once your device has rebooted and you will now be entered into the safe mode.

To get out of Safe Mode

Hold the power button on your device until you get the power off menu.

Select the restart option from the menu.

Your device will now be rebooted and exit from the safe mode and boot into the normal mode.

If you get on to Safe mode see if you can download the OnePlus Diagnostic tool to check the hardware.

You can run this tool to check if everything is working as expected by clicking on Detect Now.

Just follow the instructions on the screen.

Download OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/oneplus-diagnostic/

Artemus. likes this.