Display On/Off with Flip Cover

1. Lily2468
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2018

Lily2468 , Mar 2, 2018 :
    Hi,
    I had the Oneplus One with the Original Cover before I got my 5T.
    The One does automatically turn on the Screen when I opened the Cover and turn off when I closed. I thought the 5T would definitely be able to do this too but I can't find an option. I bought a 3rd party flip cover for my 5T. But the Cover from the One doesn't activate the display from the 5T either, so I'm wondering if they removed the feature?
    I already miss just opening and seeing all notifications, and also I was hoping the 5T could do Face Recognition on opening to be unlocked.

2. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2018

3. Lily2468
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2018

Lily2468 , Mar 2, 2018 :
    Thanks... I didn't buy it because I don't like the all black look. The one for the One is blue, I think they even had some color choice.
    And now it's 20€ for shipping on top... dam

Do you know of any other cases that have the feature?
    How does it even work? I always thought it was just from darkness and light at the front camera, but now I experimented with it and it really only works in the correct position of the flap.

4. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 2, 2018

5. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2018

TheRealGamer , Mar 2, 2018 :
    I can't say whether the other cases would have this feature or not. because almost every case seller advertises very big features, but they Hardly have any feature. so go for official or if you are shopping in Amazon or Flipkart then go to the best review from customer and higher rating

6. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2018

TheRealGamer , Mar 2, 2018 :
    No, pocket mode means whether the phone get mistakenly activated in pocket or not. it does not have any relation with the Flip Cover

7. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 2, 2018

8. shahbaj alam
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2018

shahbaj alam , Mar 2, 2018 :
    but my 5t works perfectly with 3rd party flip cover, also face recognition works fine when i open the flip.

9. Lily2468
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2018

Lily2468 , Mar 2, 2018 :
    I tried pocket mode but it doesn't make a difference.

Hmm, I found only one case on amazon that advertises with the feature, all other don't (which is why I thought it was standard by now). And that one is equally ugly and expensive. I'm from Germany btw.

10. iPap
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

iPap , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I on the other hand, don't like this feature. Is there any way to DEACTIVATE it? I find it very annoying.

11. Slash1909
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

Slash1909 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Ich habe mir diese Hülle gekauft https://www.meintrendyhandy.de/shop/oneplus-5t-dux-225121p.html