Display Display peeling off.

1. Sagar_agrawal
    Donut Jun 5, 2020

Sagar_agrawal , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Hi,
    My oneplus display is peeling off, because the glue has lost its strength. this is 2nd time i having this issue. the display and complete phone performing perfectly fine. just the display is peeling off.

oneplus service is not helping, they want me to change the entire display which will cost 7000rs, while the repair should be extremely easy.

any help from oneplus or our community will be really helpful.

Attached Files:

dhanushhcs and Starcommander like this.
  2. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jun 5, 2020

BeingIncog , Jun 5, 2020 :
    @Starcommander help him!

Starcommander likes this.
  3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Okay so I faced the same issue. What I did was bought this double sided tape from Amazon.
    Screenshot_20200605-204053__01.jpg
    And opened the back panel.
    Remove the connections and stick the display.

Or try to stick from outside.

4. Sagar_agrawal
    Donut Jun 5, 2020

Don't need a temporary fix, as I want to get my battery replaced officially and they will surely break the display if I just put 3m double sided tape. because as per service center they will not replace the battery without the screen as they dont take any guarantee of the display as it is peeling off.

And this option i already had a thought and to do this i would need to clean the underside properly for it to stick.

5. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Well I tried this method on October 2019 and its June 2020 without any issue

6. Sagar_agrawal
    Donut Jun 5, 2020

I am sure its working fine but I need to get my battery replaced at a service center, and they told me they will not guarantee the display safety. if I knew anyone at oneplus service personally. I am sure this would be easy.

But I cant take a chance as you can guess. the display is perfectly fine just the glue has come loose.

7. dhanushhcs , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Did you replace the battery and fixed the screen peeling? if yes then please let me know how you rectified, as I have the exact problem as yours. Also tell me about the process of using the 50% on battery replacement as I've claimed it on 1+ app.

8. F1596006877098
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

F1596006877098 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Folks, Same issue my screen is also peeling off but still functional - any suggestion - The resolution provided by the Service Center is not practical Rs 7500 and they will replace the entire screen

9. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2020

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 30, 2020 :
    At this point you're good with selling off your phone or exchange it for buying a newer device..