Display Problem - Never expected from Oneplus via OnePlus Community App

1. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Hi all,

I purchased my OnePlus 8 Pro around a year ago. Just after its warranty got expired , phone's display started blinking and after some days it turned into yellowish green . Now it is totally gone .there is no display. Never expected this from a 55K pricing phone . Also these guys are not sure about their service centres. My Previous brand MI was way better than this one. Atleast it worked more than 2 to 3 years which was 1/4th of OnePlus 8 pro's price.

1631976452333.jpg

1631976452402.jpg

1631976452467.jpg

bandiK likes this.
  2. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 18, 2021

superplus , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Hi @W1592202708827,

Welcome to the OnePlus community forums, primarily a place for OnePlus users and enthusiasts to interact with and help each other. Please have a look at the forums' Terms & Rules and try to comply with them by ensuring you post in the correct place, preferably an existing thread. I've moved your thread here from The Writer's Corner, where it was off-topic.

Sorry to hear about your display issues, is it possible at all that you dropped the device or that it suffered water damage? You say the display is now totally black, is it really only the display, or has your 8 Pro stopped responding completely?

Please could you also clarify what you mean by "Also these guys are not sure about their service centres."? It seems you tried contacting CS through Whatsapp. Are you perhaps able to visit a Service Centre in person? https://www.oneplus.in/support/service-center

rHITkM. likes this.

rHITkM. likes this.
  4. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    I tried contacting Vasai service centre so first they told that they are available only from 11am to 2pm. So they asked me to visit on Saturday as on weekdays I have my office. Today again morning I called them so that guy is telling me k directly visit on Monday.
    After some time when my display was totally gone I called them again and that guy gave me another number which is not working.

rHITkM. likes this.
  5. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    I never dropped my phone.
    Yes my phone is working I even get calls but I cannot see anything it's totally black

rHITkM. likes this.
  6. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    I tried contacting Vasai service centre so first they told that they are available only from 11am to 2pm. So they asked me to visit on Saturday as on weekdays I have my office. So Today morning (Saturday) again I called them and that guy is telling me k directly visit on Monday.
    After some time when my display was totally gone I called them again and that guy gave me another number which is not working.

rHITkM. likes this.
  7. SIDD7411
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2021

8. superplus

Glad to hear the device still seems to be working apart form the screen and that it wasn't dropped.

So you wanted to visit today, but when you called, they advised you to come on Monday instead? But you won't be able to, because of work?

rHITkM. likes this.
  9. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Yes, first I called them on Thursday so as I was working they asked me to visit on Saturday, so again on Saturday when I called them that guy told directly visit on Monday. Also when I again called them today as my phone's screen was totally black, another guy showed up and gave me a different number but that number is not valid. He texted personally.

rHITkM. likes this.
  10. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Yes device is working, even if I move my finger on screen it responds. Like for eg when I call on my cellphone it rings. I cannot see anything but if I swipe up or down as I used to do. So it responds too.

rHITkM. and superplus like this.
  11. superplus

That's great that the device still works and the screen even responds to touches.

Does the screen sometimes turn on again, or since it became black it never turned back on, not even in the green version?

rHITkM. likes this.
  12. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 18, 2021 :
    When It was in green version it was getting normal for some time in between. Also later when screen was black initially after some few clicking of power on/off button, the screen was on again .it's just from today morning it has stopped showing colors again and it is totally black till now.

rHITkM. likes this.
  13. harshit.b.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2021

harshit.b. , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Came accross a similar thread few days ago, the person said a simple restart solved the issue for him. Your issue looks more serious, definitely get it checked out at a service center.

W1592202708827 and rHITkM. like this.
  14. superplus

Thanks, that's a shame, I was wondering if it could be worth trying to boot into safe mode to see if the issue persists, but if the screen has remained black for all of today, that doesn't seem worth trying, since if the screen doesn't come back on, you will not be able to see exactly where you'd need to click, especially since you'd also need to enter your unlocking password/pattern after the restart has finished, and you wouldn't want to get locked out completely because of that.

So I guess the best option at the moment would remain to take it in to the Service Centre.

rHITkM. and BeingIncog like this.
  15. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Today morning again it got started for sometime (this time no yellow screen or black screen ,totally normal) and after 10 to 15 min it again got blank.

Yesterday I booked my slot at Thane' service centre and I still have that booking done on my phone through OnePlus Care. When I reached there it was closed. I called cutomer care and they informed me that today it will be closed because of Anant Chaturdashi.
    I travelled all the way from Borivali to thane to get only this information 😒😒.
    It should have been updated on their app while booking the slot or else the whole booking system is of no use.

16. W1592202708827 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Initially It worked for me too but later it got worse.

17. harshit.b.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2021

W1592202708827 likes this.