Display replacement . Mobile is in one year warranty period via OnePlus Community App

1. amanspuwal , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I was using my phone and it was heated like very badly then keept phone a side then after 30 min it was normal then I kept my phone on charge because it was only 17% charge then . Afternoon my fuul Display is fully Blanked. So, i decide to to call service center then they told to Download OnePlus care app for pickup . OnePlus care app on 3 July 2020 came for pick up then after 7 I got a updated that your phone have reached at service center then on 12 July 2020 they have except for service then they send me msg that approved your device for repair but before they told me u have to pay for that .Then I have call to oneplus then they received my call after 20 min and they old my phone is physical damaged. and if i want to fix i have to pay and also I have not approved the requested the approval of the payments for repair the. Also they have old if u don't pay we will return your phone back to u . I gave my phone for repair in OnePlus service center because screen turn off automatically. It's in warranty and its was damaged internally and not physically but still they have charged me 12500 for screen replacement.what does mean by warranty then?pls help

Please find screen shot of conversation .they itself telling its a internal crack then how they can charge.

And it's all ready they have take 17 day for that process . mean no reply when I have to call one customer care very Bad service

I have taken this phone 4 months before only

1. my phone is new and its in under warranty.
    2. My phone not having a Single Scratch in Body and Display.

Plzz help me I am in big problem with this big issue . Oneplus understand that it's is under warranty period so do it

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020

2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Matt 80 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Your phone being under warranty is irrelevant, warranty only covers hardware faults, it does not cover physical damage which can be internal as well as exterior.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

3. amrishjina
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Vicky_cbe and amanspuwal like this.

5. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 25, 2020 :
    What were you running constantly that caused it to heat up so badly that it was unsafe for you to touch the device !?

Heating could kill any internal component on board which is a physical damage and it is a user caused issue which cannot be covered under warranty.

You're right warranty does cover but if you managed to burn something inside, that means it was intense.

Mine OnePlus 7T and Matt 80 like this.
  6. Katrick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2020

Katrick , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Not arguing but on exceptions, there have been cases.where phones exploded bcz of heat, also if there is such a heating issue person should definitely redeem from OnePlus as It seems a defective piece of the logic provided is correct and phone haven't been tampered with

amanspuwal likes this.
  7. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Granted it heats up but not like Note 7. It could be a factory defect !

8. Katrick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2020

9. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 25, 2020 :
    That blast is absolutely factory defect as any of on board limiter might be defective and leaving such on a device results in kaboom..

10. ashil17
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2020

ashil17 , Jul 25, 2020 :

OnePlus is a bad company.They only care about launching new phones every few months.
    Even I have an issue with my wireless earphones and iam getting no response from them.
    I will never buy ant oneplus product again

amanspuwal likes this.
  11. amit_sen
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

xfuryred likes this.
  12. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Jul 26, 2020

Vicky_cbe , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 26, 2020 :
    @amanspuwal just get it returned without their service. Then take it to a local shop and get the display changed.
    I am very sure that like most other companies they are trying to rip off after this lockdown since there has been no services lately.(no income)
    When a service center makes a claim you can't see then it's very important to get it checked some where else too.

Edit: Also there are chances that your device just crashed. there are numerous cases where OnePlus devices just crash and the only way to turn it on is to hold the power button for around 10seconds. Can you please explain what happened when you last used your phone so that I can explain?

amanspuwal likes this.
  13. amanspuwal , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 26, 2020 :
    It's was heated badly and I kept my phone normal for 20 min and then it's got normal then keept on charge
    Then after it charged then I was using and after 10 display stop working

14. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Jul 26, 2020

Ok and when display stopped working,was there any sound or any form of device being alive and only display was gone?
    Want to know how your saying that display is only the issue.

15. amanspuwal , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Every one plzzz try to understand when a person earned alone and u buy @38 thousands mobile and after its get Damaged and the company say its physical damaged then what will happen with u .and what u will do . ..... @OnePlus is the one of the best but service is very poor. In this company is losing ths fan for OnePlus. And what they say that they will do this and that Blabla bal and they don't even have te to reply and also not even talk properly to customer when they are in difficult ........what to trust on oneplus ... I will never ever buy in my life [e]1f62d[/e] [e]1f494[/e]

16. amanspuwal , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Only Display was gone and OnePlus repair person they have only told me that there was display issues when he was telling to pay your bill

17. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Jul 26, 2020

Will dm now

18. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Jul 26, 2020

Just ask them to return the phone without any repairs. Tag OnePlus in twitter if they don't return it.