Display screen on time

1. Emilius Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018

Emilius, Jan 6, 2018 :
    I hate when I read something on the phone and screen start to dim out on my. There should be check if someone is looking at the phone before.

For example in my case I have set 30 sec. for screen to turn off but after 30 sec. and before dimming happens there should be that check if is anyone looking at the phone. if yes then extend screen on time for another 30 sec. and so on.

That feature will make aot of people happy and will not take any extra battery. Maybe option for that under display setings, possibility to turn it on or off?

emanuel.adam likes this.
  2. daMorphine Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

daMorphine, Jan 6, 2018 :
    its called "smart stay" implemented by samsung first. it consumes a lot of battery as it will have to use the camera everytime to find a face looking at it. no way! i dont want anything like this.

3. daMorphine Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

4. emanuel.adam Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

5. Sanjoy Hati Eclair Jun 2, 2018

Sanjoy Hati, Jun 2, 2018 :
    ,Why do one need this feature really? I have set my screen in time to 30 mins. Whenever I have finished with my work on screen, I simply put it off physically and there is more than one way to do it without a hazard. I wonder why screen time, dimming time can be an issue!

6. emanuel.adam Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

emanuel.adam, Jun 2, 2018 :
    the question is rather why it's not there. I can see that this is not something everybody needs, but is there any reason why you would not want that optionally?

face recognition is already there, linking it to display timeout cant be a big deal to realise - and it maybe even helps to save battery (auto switch off when there is no face)...

pritam4cg@gmail. likes this.
  7. pritam4cg@gmail. Cupcake Jun 13, 2018

8. saravana96 Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

pritam4cg@gmail. likes this.
  9. G_Angelos_Theo_(angelos) Honeycomb Feb 11, 2019

G_Angelos_Theo_(angelos), Feb 11, 2019 :
    Since you had this idea (after samsung of course), you can start developing an app yourself!
    or just increase the screen off time to 1 minute -_-

saravana96 and pritam4cg@gmail. like this.