OxygenOS Display wakeup event issue after update to OxygenOS 11.1.1.1

1. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 4, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 4, 2021 :
    The auto update suggested the update to Android 11 which was great. So I applied the update and was happy to have Android 11 on my OnePlus 6 :D
    On my device everything works fine.

My wife has the very same OnePlus6 and also updated to Android 11. But after a few days her display were keeping black after opening the magnetic cover. In this state it was also not able to be activated with a press on the power button. But the phone is still full functional. Because we hear incoming message or calls. While the phone ist connected via Bluetooth even calls can be answered. But the screen keeps staying black. It only helps to reboot the device.
    Due to the fact, that my phone does not show this behavior we figured out that this is related to the magnetic cover my wife uses. When the phone is within this cover and she opens the cover from time to time this black screen event occur. But when she takes the phone out of the cover she can use the phone as prior to the android 11 update without problems.

So there must be a problem with the unlock-event in the Oxygen11 version 11.1.1.1 in combination with an magnetic cover. Or it also might be a problem with the cover and the proximity sensor I don't know.
    But prior to the Oxygen11 update this behavior never occurred. And as said this also is no hardware problem with the screen, because without the cover the phone can be unlocked without problems.

So OnePlus can you please address this issue?
    With kind regards
    René

2. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 5, 2021

3. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2021

4. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 8, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 8, 2021 :
    Yes as mentioned in my first post we already took the phone out of this cover and then the problem does not occur anymore. And also with the cover there is nothing blocking the proximity sensor.
    As mentioned in my first post, this started to occur after the OxygenOS 11.1.1.1 Update. Prior to this update my wife never had an issue with the cover and the unlock event.
    This must be associated with the update.

sumitMZ007 likes this.
  5. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 9, 2021

6. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 11, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 11, 2021 :
    Still no OnePlus employee reading this?

7. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 15, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 15, 2021 :
    I know it is annoying, but does anybody from OnePlus know about this issue?

8. jpamar
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2021

jpamar , Nov 18, 2021 :
    Exactly the same problem as you describe. I use a genuine oneplus flip cover. What seems to have done the trick is switching off the Ambient Display setting. Go to Settings, Display and then Ambient Display - and turn off.
    Not a techie so cannot explain why this would work. But it seems to have done the trick for me

9. jpamar
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2021

10. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 24, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 24, 2021 :
    Glad to hear, that I'm not alone with this problem. Hopefully OnePlus is reading about this issue and addresses it for the next update.

11. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 29, 2021 :
    It is so frustrating that there is no single statement by an official regarding this issue. Due to the fact, that it is a software bug the responsible department should know about it so that they can address the issue in the next update.
    But in this case I don't know whether OnePlus knows about it or not, because nobody is replying to this report.

12. rglanzer
    Froyo Nov 30, 2021

rglanzer , Nov 30, 2021 :
    Great news from my site. I've been contacted by an OnePlus Bug Hunter.
    He advised me how to record the sensor logs during the event. I hope I can reproduce it and assist him to analyze the problem so that it can be fixed in an comming update. :)

13. Sujit1
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

Sujit1 , Dec 5, 2021 :
    I am also facing serious problem after updating to oxygen 11.1.11.Before that my one plus 6 phone was working very fast .Most of the time Camera, applications not working and showing black screen. Even though I have cleaned up the storage (50%) there is no change in performance ,it is working like 1GB of phone .Please help what needs to be done to perform better else we are loosing so much money buying this phone