Dissapointing OnePlus Support Experience #WWYDFT2

1. deimos11
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

prakharkmr27 and akincansenol like this.
  2. LightningXIII
    Lollipop Community Expert Aug 14, 2015

LightningXIII , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Ohhh burnnnnn xD

JHong likes this.
  3. markapostolos
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2015

prakharkmr27 and one up like this.
  4. bikas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 15, 2015

bikas , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Ah look yet another fallen victim of great OP customer service. We've sympathy for you dear but unfortunately there's no resolution.
    I'm living with dead pixel on my phone and now I'm starting to believe all phones are made this way!

prakharkmr27 likes this.
  5. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

Radeon962 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    True. The lengths OnePlus will goto to screw their customers is truly amazing.

6. akincansenol
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

akincansenol , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Thank you for advice.

I already mention on a tweet and message on facebook to Carl Pei which is co-founder of OnePlus. But he didn't reply me.

7. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

8. magnamentis

magnamentis , Aug 15, 2015 :
    yep, just went for a nexus 6 64GB for 400 €uros on amazon. vote with your wallets folks only language understood internationally ( and it will arrive on monday )

9. hpotter134
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

hpotter134 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    The one plus 2 sounds great, but sadly, the biggest downfall It will ever have is that it's Chinese. Chinese companies that try to get extreme bang for the buck and pretending that they're super high quality, have these downfalls.

Ian_P likes this.
  10. simonfr
    Donut Aug 15, 2015

prakharkmr27 likes this.
  11. NobodyE

NobodyE , Aug 15, 2015 :
    People wonder "how can they sell this great specs for this price tag?" and conclude that bigger companies just rip them off. Well, if you don't want to pay the difference (money that partly goes into proper customer service), you must live with the consequences. Sorry for your troubles, buddy.

prakharkmr27 likes this.
  12. roboxo
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

roboxo , Aug 15, 2015 :
    That's is really unfortunate - I hope you will get it sorted out asap - Don't give up

13. Oneplusxl
    Donut Aug 15, 2015

Oneplusxl , Aug 15, 2015 :

I got a full refund from PayPal and they were very helpful. You can call them to discuss the issue and if you make it clear that OP made dropping the case a condition of dropping the claim they may be sympathetic as looks bad for PayPal. If you get a good a good operator on the line you could ask if it's possible to reopen the case or for them to contact oneplus. When I first called they said they couldn't help but I just rang again and got someone better on the line and the refund was issued immediately. Oneplus did not contest the issue.
    Good luck.

prakharkmr27 likes this.
  14. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 15, 2015 :
    You are covered by your consumer rights and the consumer contracts regulation (distance selling).

You have the right to return/cancel a contract within the first 14 days under UK law. Whilst its difficult to apply this to OP (given they are just another spurious mass Chinese manufacturer), you can use this to get Paypal to re-open the dispute as they themselves still have to abide by UK law, even if OP decide they don't think they should, or will contest the issue.

The fact remains, if their entire basis is a 'sticker' its a pretty weak argument and they have to prove you caused the fault.

Your rights if an item is faulty
    In the first six months from when you buy something, the onus is on the seller to prove it was of satisfactory quality when you received it.

If the seller simply says the problem must be due to something you've done, it's for them to prove that.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015

akincansenol likes this.
  15. akincansenol
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

Well but it's brand new and has a factory fault. This is not a problem that arised when we are using it.

16. mosesv26
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

mosesv26 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I had to RMA and they wanted period that the tamper sticker wasn't messed with. I sent 5 photos and sent phone in. As long as tamper sticker isn't messed with they will replace phone. I got my phone shipped the day it was received. Sorry that's their only way to know of phone was tampered with, which void warranty.

17. akincansenol
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

I even did not know whether the sticker was there or not. I never open opened up the back cover. What if it was not there when it was just out of the factory. Or how can I know they did not remove it when they received it?!?!?

prakharkmr27 and mosesv26 like this.
  18. john3293
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

19. danielrangel99
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

danielrangel99 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    =/ wooww that makes me think twice, my current htc phone was replaced 3 times for free no hassle by the manufacturer =/ I had the better customer support

akincansenol likes this.
  20. akincansenol
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015