Distance Education: Your Thoughts?

1. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2015

rphlfjrd , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Anyone here currently enrolled on a distance education program, or at least have tried it? What are your thoughts on it? You can share your thoughts even if you have not tried it.

I'm currently am enrolled and damn, didn't expect it to be this hard even though I'm an honor roll student my whole high school life. I don't get to see my classmates, my professors, who I'm working with and OnePlus ForumsSocial Media is just a tab away. Too many distractions. :/

Yes, I am supposed to be studying now but... :D

2. Me1256
    KitKat Sep 7, 2015

Me1256 , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I'm distanced from my education. That is, not interested at all.

3. PoPkiss
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

G_plusone and rphlfjrd like this.
  4. jetfin
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

jetfin , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I did most of my graduate studies through the Rochester Institute of Technology distance learning program. It was very good. Of course self-discipline and ignoring distractions is key.
    Probably helped that there were no smartphones back when I was doing distance learning!

G_plusone and rphlfjrd like this.
  5. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 26, 2018

derLenno , Sep 26, 2018 :
    I go to uni regularly but half of the year is done from home, namely the phases where you don't have lessons but learn for exams and write your home works. And damn, it's hard. I get lonely, if I don't force myself to meet with the other students. I don't have motivation to learn when I don't visit University over the day, which makes it extremely hard not to procrastinate. I don't think that I could do a full-time home study

6. Salarir
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

Salarir , Sep 16, 2019 :
    I absolutely agree with you.

G_plusone likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Sep 16, 2019

8. David McLachlan
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020