Diztronic case & OPO tempered glass screen protector impressions

1. TdotLee
    Froyo Dec 12, 2014

TdotLee , Dec 12, 2014 :
    I already created a thread with my OPO impressions and stated that I would create another thread with my impressions of this case & tempered glass screen protector. Here it is...

My background (experience):
    • Previous Cases - Diztronic (Nexus 4) & Ringke Fusion (Nexus 4)
    • Screen Protectors - Zagg InvisibleShield (wife's Galaxy S Vibrant) (none personally)
    My OPO orders:
    • OPO (64GB) on Nov. 17th (preorder) & received it on Dec. 3rd (Florida)
    • Diztronic Matte Blue case (not ultra) from Amazon & received it on Dec. 4th
    • OPO tempered glass on Black Friday & received it on Dec. 6th
    Diztronic Case impressions:
    • Basic plastic bag packaging (nothing special)
    • Blue color is quite dark in person, almost midnight blue (looks purple or black in a dark enough room), I like it though!
    • Fits phone well (even with OPO tempered glass), buttons & openings line up (back mic is not on center of opening, but it's still in it)
    • Matte TPU feels nice, fingerprints are not that noticeable on the matte blue (black diztronic case for my N4 would show noticeable fingerprints).
    OPO tempered glass screen protector:
    • Nice packaging (matches phone's white box)
    • Easy install (instructions are basic)
    • Fits stock glass nice, opening for speaker, sensors, front-facing camera line up nice (separate holes for speaker/sensors and camera was a selling for me)
    • It feels nice, smooth, & durable
    • Ordered on Black Friday after countdown clock ended to begin the discount sales, but did not get the discount (customer service experience documented in another post)
    Overall I'm very happy with both the Diztronic case & OPO tempered glass and would purchase both again if needed. I will post pictures shortly.

2. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2014

fgrhuhrg , Dec 12, 2014 :
    Yh, i got the same package, but i put a dbrand skin on my case because i felt it was a bit plain

3. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Dec 12, 2014

gusuraman likes this.
  4. TdotLee
    Froyo Dec 13, 2014

TdotLee , Dec 13, 2014 :
    Photos:

IMG_20141206_131726.jpg IMG_20141206_131547.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The photos are not an accurate presentation of the true color of the case (is much darker than shown).

5. bkd234
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2014

bkd234 , Dec 13, 2014 :
    I have the same, except Diztronic Ultra in black. Agree with everything you wrote, a nice package.

TdotLee likes this.
  6. krshnaan
    Honeycomb Dec 13, 2014

krshnaan , Dec 13, 2014 :
    I've got the same combination, for about a week now and theyre impressive

1. The diztronic tpu case is pretty neat. Which gets me thinking. Why havent manufacturers provided TPU backs, as opposed to cases, by default or as accessories. This would avoid excess weight and cutout issues that come with a separate case.

2. OP's tempered glass is a good fit, but keeping it smudge free is a chore. Does anyone here know if this is any better than third party protectors?

TdotLee likes this.
  7. freakiefidouser
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2014

freakiefidouser , Dec 13, 2014 :
    I ordered a Rhino Shield screen protector and also tried to get the bumper. However the bumper project went to the crapper. I now get a permanent discount because I had put faith in the company.

TdotLee likes this.
  8. blur13
    Jelly Bean Dec 13, 2014

blur13 , Dec 13, 2014 :
    I got the Diztronic Red TPU case and Orzly's tempered Glass screen protector! I really like them both!! I would recommend this!! Thanks for sharing your impression!!

TdotLee likes this.
  9. TdotLee
    Froyo Dec 13, 2014

TdotLee , Dec 13, 2014 :
    1. Interesting idea about using TPU.
    2. I keep microfiber cloths at home, work, & in my car. Great for smudges!;)
    That sucks about the bumper. Hope you enjoy the screen protector though.
    I was between the Orzly, Nillkin, & OPO. I ultimately went with the OPO because of the separate openings for the camera & speaker/sensor.

10. BrianK
    Donut Dec 16, 2014

BrianK , Dec 16, 2014 :
    The OPO Tempered Glass has the cut outs for the Front Camera and Speaker. Fits perfect. I used 3M Magic Tape as well as the OPO Tabs to create a hinge to keep the glass perfectly aligned, removed the protective film from the silicone and simply folded the Glass onto my OPO. Perfect fit and the few bubbles were easy to push out with the OPO squeegee. I don't have a problem with finger prints. This is a must have for all OPO Phones.

11. dwaynelson
    KitKat Dec 16, 2014

12. notsimar
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014

13. bollerafler
    Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014