Diztronic Matte Blue

1. valguard
    Eclair Oct 31, 2014

valguard , Oct 31, 2014 :
    A happy and satisfied customer. For any of you on the fence, hope this helps:

The TPU material is wonderful. It's in between gel/silicone and a hard plastic giving you the best of both worlds. Easy to slip in and out of a pocket with nothing grabbing or sticking, it's not a magnet for dust, and the best combo of energy absorption/rigidity as confirmed by elite scientist magicians.

That smoothness can be a slight con since it will slip right out of your hand if you're not grabbing it.

The buttons are aligned perfectly. You will have a little more resistance in pressing them than if it's naked and I think they're slightly harder to find by feel. But other than that, they do the job. Im sure this will be less noticeable with use.

Color is a deep blue almost a purple. The flash and color in the first picture does not give a true representation of the color. It's much more like the other two. A Navy Blue closer to: http://goo.gl/q8fSxu

The fit is great. Very minimalistic adding almost nothing to length and width. Depth is another story. It does add some depth to the device as the picture will show. Some of that depth is due to a raised edge around the screen bezel of the phone. This allows you to put the screen down on a surface without the screen actually touching the surface. A big plus for protection and falls.

The only non-centered cut out I found was the noise canceling mic on the back. It's off center and might drive your OCD people crazy. It's not just my case or phone since I have seen other Diztronic OnePlus One cases off by the exact same margin. Not sure who's to blame, OnePlus for their margins of error or Diztronic. You be the judge.

Also note that the case goes all around the edges of the phone, which is really where you want that protection anyhow.

Protection on this phone is a MUST. The edges of this phone are SOFT. They will dent very easily. Also with the way the screen is designed, it's a prime target for getting the brunt end of a fall. Given the start up nature of the business, logistics, and rarity, I would not take the gamble of enjoying the aesthetics for day to day use.

Every once in a while, take it out of the case and admire it. Then, quickly put it back in before Murphy can destroy your joys.

Overall, very satisfied. I hear you can make it pop a bit with a skin for the back. I might fancy it up with a cool sticker if I'm feeling saucy.

Iechyd da.

@gusuraman

[/ATTACH] IMG_20141031_100618.jpg image (1).jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

Bendemic, akacokie1, cocosel and 3 others like this.
  2. rorikk
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

3. manofthem
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

4. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 31, 2014

5. cocosel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

cocosel , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Nice, I have the Red and Blue on order. Should be here buy end of next week:)

6. Bendemic
    Froyo Oct 31, 2014

Bendemic , Oct 31, 2014 :
    I have been curious about how much thicker the phone would be with this case. The side by side pictures are very helpful. Thank you for your review!

7. Bendemic
    Froyo Oct 31, 2014

Bendemic , Oct 31, 2014 :
    If anybody has placed a skin on their diztronic, could you comment on if there are any peeling issues? I would imagine they would start to peel over time, but I've never used a skin before (especially not on a case) so I'm not sure how durable they are.

8. akacokie1
    Donut Oct 31, 2014

akacokie1 , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Diztronic is always the first option for phone cases! I like your review dude Good Job :)

9. chipper10hr
    Eclair Oct 31, 2014

chipper10hr , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Great review. I got a Red and Blue from Amazon, they remind me of the Ringke TPU case I once used on a GSII.