Diztronic/Mofi flip case hybrid DIY

1. Amiroquai
    Froyo Feb 10, 2015

Amiroquai , Feb 10, 2015 :
    So I was after a good looking slim flip case that had the sleep/wake feature. I love the way the Mofi looked but didn't like the hard plastic coverage (doesn't wrap around front like TPU) and was concerned about cracking issues down the road. Mofi makes a TPU variation of their flip case but anyone who has it knows that the fit is horrible.

My Diztronic TPU is a great look/fit and was the perfect donor for the project.

Using an Exacto blade, I carefully removed the hard-shell case from the Mofi pleather part. I then used contact cement to connect the Diztronic TPU and the Mofi pleather together. I'm happy to say that the fit is incredible, everything lines up beautifully, and the sleep feature works like a charm.

Been using it for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier with the results. I get the protection and stealthiness of the Diztronic with the functionality of the flip cover all in a slim package. I highly recommend this if you are into DIY projects and are looking for similar case solution.

Video here:

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      70.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views: