Diztronic TPU Ultra and Orzly Glass

1. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Nov 26, 2014

JakeStiebs , Nov 26, 2014 :
    I recieved my OnePlus One about two weeks ago and I have just received a case and tempered glass for it.

The case: I actually have two: a matte red Diztronic TPU, and all matte gray Diztronic TPU Ultra. Personally I wish there was an OtterBox for this phone to prevent dust from getting into the charge port, headphone jack, and glass inlay. The Ultra is a tad more durable than the regular with a higher ridge around the screen to protect from face falls and also thicker corners to absorb shock. I think its the best case out there protection wise from what I have found.

The screen protector: I purchased one Nilkin 9H and two Orzly tempered glass screen protectors. Two because the first one went on crooked and I tried to removed it to fix its position and it got a piece of dust on it that I could not remove, I wasn't thinking and probably could have extracted it using a tweezers. So I through it away and put on another. Still not perfect but good enough. I didn't want to use the Nilkin because the speaker cut out included the camera and sensor. I'd rather have those covered.

The two together seem to work well. I am a little OCD about things being perfect so the crooked screen protector is bothering me but the only option I have is to buy another for 10 dollars if I really want to. The csse fits normally with having the screen protector on. The case feels nice, obviously not as nice as the bare phone, but that's what you have to sacrifice for the safety of your device. The screen protector is definitely as responsive as the phone would be without it. Don't even notice it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

gusuraman and fgaurano like this.
  2. AndyLao1031
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2014

siocnarf13, Rishi_M and jenni4rr like this.
  3. fgaurano
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2014

4. jenni4rr
    Eclair Nov 26, 2014

jenni4rr , Nov 26, 2014 :
    I am thinking of purchasing a protective screen and a case. I might get the OnePlus one cover too on black friday :)

5. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

JakeStiebs , Nov 27, 2014 :
    Case and screen protector are on the phone. You can see on the bottom right of the phone where its a little off-center. Let me know if you want other views.

Attached Files:

vishman and sergiocastro like this.
  6. BStephen
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

BStephen , Nov 27, 2014 :
    How do you place the screen, by hand? I heard that using suction cups really help with aligning the tempered glass perfectly.

sergiocastro likes this.
  7. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2014

8. sergiocastro
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2014

sergiocastro , Nov 27, 2014 :
    That is a good looking phone! Congrats!

9. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

I did actually find a Nerf gun dart that had a suction cup at the end but you have to be careful because the suction only holds out for so long with the tempered material, at least in my case. I also have some of the shakiest hands and that makes it diffucult no matter what.

The Orzly protector comes with a card that you can use to smooth out bubbles (my application didn't show any bubbles), and also use to stick under one of the corners when you want to remove it. Once its up a little bit you can juts grab it and pull it off. It doesn't leave any sort of residue.

10. Necronaut
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2014

11. cocosel
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2014

cocosel , Nov 27, 2014 :
    By now I put about 7 screen protectors on. All but the 1st one are perfect. No dust or bubbles under what so ever.

The trick is to install them in the bathroom after a hot steamy shower. I know it sounds stupid but it works great. This way I never got any dust particles flying around.
    Give it a try and you'll see it actually works :)

Cheers.

12. vishman
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2014

vishman , Nov 27, 2014 :
    I'm using the same diztronic case..It's nice :)

13. Richbking
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

Richbking , Nov 27, 2014 :
    Thanks for the tip with the steam. I will be doing this with mine when I get it.

aayushthakore likes this.
  14. civdor
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2014

civdor , Nov 27, 2014 :
    Hey bud. I ordered the Nillkin Frosted Matte Hard Case and Nillkin 9H Tempered Glass.. Why Nillkin? I don't have any idea. Haha.. But you think it will be fine?

15. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

Yes as far as the tempered glass goes it is fine, I honestly just chose to use the Orzly instead because, unlike the Nilkin, it covered the front camera, proximity sensor, and notification light. Both, to me, feel good to the touch and offer the same clarity as the screen itself.

The Nilkin hard case seems fine! Less protection though, less protection around the top and bottom edges and the sleep button is not covered. Depending on how the phone falls it could land on those exposed areas of the phone and cause damage. If that scares you I'd order this one. For less than 15 dollars its a good deal in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

16. montiez
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

montiez , Nov 27, 2014 :
    I have the same combination, still to be applied though. My phone is due to be received during this weekend.

I have a 8 months old daughter, so even though I take extreme care of my things I wouldn't want to risk the One getting dropped while she plays around. Thought better to invest in the TPU Ultra+Orzly to protect the One!

17. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Nov 27, 2014

Yes very good idea, keep it safe because you never know what could happen when it is something that spends its life in your hands.

18. sandeeppathak007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2015

sandeeppathak007 , Feb 9, 2015 :
    Is this a gray color Ultra case, hows it doing after few days of usage ? any small scratches on back ?

19. mjgnn6
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2015

20. JakeStiebs
    Froyo Feb 9, 2015

JakeStiebs , Feb 9, 2015 :
    Yes this is a matte gray color. No scratches on the edges or back of the phone, the back of the case doesn't have scratches on it either. I have been using it since November.