Do I really need a OPT?

1. Dre01
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

2. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2015

3. rajgolawar
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2015

rajgolawar , Sep 2, 2015 :
    its more of a "WANT" now...as with all the other things that are lying on my desk.

4. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Sep 2, 2015

5. Fonetix

6. canerkaya1907
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2015

7. locxFIN
    KitKat Sep 2, 2015

locxFIN , Sep 2, 2015 :
    The lack of marketing is to keep the price down. And what is marketing? To get customers. They have more potential buyers than they can supply, so from OP's POV marketing has been a success.

8. Kailina
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2015

9. alfonso.lopez08
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

alfonso.lopez08 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Our world runs by a system named CAPITALISM... get use to it ;)

Supply and demand people, supply and demand... If you don't like a supplier, then change for another one and that's it...

OP is trying to break the system... but THAT doesn't happen while you snap your fingers... It take time (years) to do that and we need to be patience... they could do the same thing as others and establish a marketing system and raise the OPT price up to 850USD but what's the whole point of doing that?

10. strickerz

11. billq
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2015

billq , Sep 2, 2015 :
    I have to be honest in the UK I've never had any " ow is that the one plus" I have been asked what is it and when said opo they look and say OK. They never heard the only way is to catch a review .this is because the UK is network and brand contract led.

12. billq
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2015

billq , Sep 2, 2015 :
    All true keep the price down but have they overly kept the specs down this time. And the phone is clearly not even aimed at Europe ect given no NFC quick charge these are our buzz desires along with the finger scan. But dual sim is clearly Chinese and Indian aimed where they can sell endlessly as long as its cheap enough

13. sciidave
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

sciidave , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Boo. Shame on anyone who might disturb the hivemind

14. billq
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2015

billq , Sep 2, 2015 :
    This is true but demand exceeds supply and op couldn't sell such a mid range phone at high prices .that's the preserve of apply which has to be the most under specced phone for the money

alfonso.lopez08 likes this.
  15. pengc201
    Froyo Sep 2, 2015

pengc201 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    yes patience is probably the key to many other things, but not for smartphone purchase. Sometimes it can be simply a impulsive purchase. With art, you can be patient. You can wait for years to obtain a piece of art that was made by your favorite artist. That is something that worth waiting (Forgive me if it is a bad example, you get my point) But with smartphones, I don't really think you need to be patient. There are tons of companies out there updating there flagships every 6 months. It's a rough and competitive business. We are buying consumables, not arts, we certainly do not need to be patient..This is definitely a market that supply should always exceed demand, never the otherwise..

alfonso.lopez08 likes this.
  16. alfonso.lopez08
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

alfonso.lopez08 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Excellent point..! But my idea of be patience is to get a 800USD worth specs for half the price... regardless the BRAND.... Hope you get my point too o_O

and when someday arrives that every company offer a high spec dev with low price, patience would not be part of the formula anymore and OP would need to take another strategy if the not done it already by that time. (I'm taking in consideration that the Invite system is only to make the company
    take off, not forever)

Peace.

17. pengc201
    Froyo Sep 2, 2015

pengc201 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    good point man.

18. dogreddog
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

dogreddog , Sep 2, 2015 :
    It doesn't really matter if OnePlus survives does it? after all we are the customers and the customer is always right, so if we all decide that we are tired of waiting for this particular phone, then we can go buy one that is readily available for anyone with the cash.