DO NOT BUY ONEPLUS 9 PRO UNIQUE ANDROID CASE via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 17, 2021 :
    DO NOT BUY ONEPLUS 9 PRO UNIQUE ANDROID CASE.

WHY?

I bought one less than 1 month ago. It arrived with red burns into the inside upper bumper because of the OnePlus red packaging. It has now discoloured to yellow on the sides of the bumper.

It seems these cases are made out of very poor quality plastic. I contacted OnePlus 10 days ago and have yet to receive a satisfactory response. They have twice asked for my contact details.

For a case that retails at over £30 this is absolutely unacceptable.

OnePlus - hang your heads in shame.

2. harshit.b.
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2021

Tobikage and Caomhin like this.
  3. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

4. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Aug 17, 2021

Tokolozi , Aug 17, 2021 :
    Light colored cases often discolour unfortunately. Sometimes you can still clean them off. Have you tried IPA for cleaning yet?

5. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Aug 17, 2021

McJader , Aug 17, 2021 :
    Dramatic, much?:rolleyes:

6. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

It's not a light coloured case though. It's a grey case.

7. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 17, 2021

luigimario , Aug 17, 2021 :
    That sucks. I never buy the official cases because they are crazy expensive and not any better than 3rd party ones. I recommend the Rinke Fusion X case. It's cheap, protective, and shows off the back of your phone.

9. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 17, 2021

Bobbie63 , Tobikage and puccellino like this.
  10. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

I tried one of them. The green camo back looked great with the pine phone colour. But I find it too bulky so returned it.

luigimario and puccellino like this.
  11. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 17, 2021

luigimario , Aug 17, 2021 :
    Oh, that's too bad. I think it's pretty good.

12. puccellino
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2021

puccellino , Aug 17, 2021 :
    I doubt you'll ever get a "satisfactory" response from CS.

Best to find a way yourself to tidy up the case, and learn your lesson.

😑😐😶

What you've done is great......write a full user review on the case and post it in the review section. That way your opinion is helping others.

😏

13. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 23, 2021 :
    Unfortunately my experience of OnePlus customer service (there has been zero customer service) has been downright farcical.

Your a global company who can't seem to manage to post out a replacement phone case. Its actually quite an embarrassing situation.

I've been promised responses that have failed to arrive.

I've been given delayed and rude responses that don't make sense.

2 days ago I threatened to get trading standards in the UK involved and posted my terrible experience with this overpriced piece of junk you have the nerve to charge over £30 for on OnePlus Community forums. All has been in vain.

1 day ago I received a response that claimed I was being given a discount code worth 50 euros so I could buy a replacement case myself. The code is invalid and has already been used so its useless to me. Plus, why would I want to buy another case that is going to discolour within 2 weeks of using it? I'm not a fool.

Now. Put simply. This is the situation.

You either sort this situation out within 24 hours or I will be contacting trading standards in the UK. You have supplied a product that is faulty and not up to standard. I have consumer rights that I will not hesitate to invoke.

I really don't care whether you are having system problems. Either issue me with a replacement case, Issue a refund of my money within 24 hours of this message or issue me with a voucher that works.

Now I don't want a response that doesn't meet one of those criteria. The ball is in your court.

I suggest you escalate this to your manager ASAP as this situation is really starting to annoy me and I am not the kind of person that enjoys being annoyed.

SORT THIS SITUATION OUT OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS.

14. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Aug 24, 2021

McJader , Aug 24, 2021 :
    This place is not OnePlus Customer Support, you know.
    "Threatening" them here won't have any difference.

Bobbie63 , Tokolozi and Tobikage like this.
  15. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Bobbie63 , McJader and Tokolozi like this.
  16. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Oh that's not threatening.

17. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Aug 24, 2021

McJader , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Sure,whatever you want to call it, doing that here is pointless.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  18. Joethefro
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Is it?

Is it really?

I'm informing other people of the perils of OnePlus customer service.

If you think that's a useless endeavour then your very welcome to your opinion.

19. Bobbie63
    Nougat Aug 24, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Tbh your post from yesterday was for the attention of OnePlus and this is where @McJader referred to. There’s no OnePlus here and if they are, they sure will not respond.
    The people that replied you in this thread are very well aware about what’s all going on, it’s just the post like the one yesterday has no use whatsoever. If you want to warn others, please do, it’s your right to do so and it might help others in forming their opinion.

however be aware, it won’t solve the issues you have, not with the case nor with customer support. This community has little to non influence on that unfortunately.

nerdkabir likes this.
  20. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Aug 24, 2021

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 24, 2021 :
    Why give them 24 hours? Naah, you should invoke your rights and make an example out of this case tbh. If your issue is genuine, it should be addressed, yes!

But as mentioned already by other 'users', this is a User community. Not a CS 9f OnePlus. Although there have been rare occasions where a few of them got addressed (but they were major issues).

Still, feel free to inwaste more time here.

McJader and Bobbie63 like this.