Do not distrub (DND) mode working weird

1. dkpan2000
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2017

dkpan2000 , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Ok, I know there are complains about DND mode, but I needed to tell my thoughts too.

I had a OnePlus One before getting a 5T. I usually used DND mode for night, because I wanted my phone to ring (and wake me up) if someone from my fav list called me, all notifications to be muted (sound and vibrations), and I needed the led to be switched off. Also, my Mi Band 2 (connected watch) detected the phone beeing in DND mode so it could only vibrate for calls.

Now, I have a 5T, when I switch to DND mode, the phone is no longer on silence or vibrate only (and you can't set this as you wish ?!?!?!), some apps continue to notify you (with sound!!!) even if you enter settings and set them to not override DND etc... (e.g. Whatsapp, Facebook messenger) and some apps aren't able to detect the DND mode, as my connected watch (but I assume it could be app side and devs need to update their software). So I can say my DND mode is just useless today. And to bypass that problem, I discovered the holy Game Mode. It's a kind of DND mode, but it's working. No notifications during night anymore, it just need to have more configurations to be perfect, and to be called "Do Not Disturb Mode". I know the difference between game mode and DND. You do not get notifications into game mode, but you do on DND but they are "silenced". The fact is that they actually are not silenced for some apps, so DND is not safe to use (wich is an important point for ppl at work for example), and why isn't there a kind of switch in the DND config to silence the phone or put it in the same state of game mode? I mean We should be able to decide, us, customers.

So the goal of that post is, first, to tell people Game Mode exists. I think I'm not the only one that used DND for night or work. And also because I just wonder why it is not possible to configure it as we wish? Same for DND. Why the hell developpers want to force us using DND with notification sounds ON? Why can't we just configure our phone and personalize it as we like? What is the goal of restricting customers like that? And I'm not talking about the fact that DND is not working with some apps...

I guess the phone needs some tweaking and updates (or maybe the whole android system), and I love the 5T to be honest. I don't regret to have bought it. But maaaaaaaaaaan! When I see that kind of problem, I just want to say "Really!? It was working fine on OnePlus One!"

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for the phone anyway :)

2. Ariets
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

Ariets , Jan 2, 2018 :
    I have the same problem. I find stupid the management of slider in op5t, in the DND mode ring all notification!!! And I suggest to split the call and notification volume

V1510024938602 likes this.
  3. Pawanghimirr
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

4. ViW1p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

ViW1p , Jan 2, 2018 :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/apps-still-make-sound-in-do-not-disturb-mode.529998/

5. G_Mustafa_I_bnpN
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

G_Mustafa_I_bnpN , Jan 2, 2018 :
    i agree with you , things got even more out of hands after 4.7.6

FFS , please let us customize the way DND works easily or just remove the button.

Mine works random