[Submitted] Do Not Disturb is turning itself off

1. Tajgeer
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Tajgeer , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Running latest OOS: 10.0.3.
    1. Create new DND rule with checkbox allowing alarm to disable DND ticked.
    2. Set alarm.
    3. Check for DND presence after 10 minutes.

Gepstra, Jolly and Leon Shmulevich like this.
  2. Leon Shmulevich
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2019

Leon Shmulevich , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Same here, OnePlus 7T, build 10.0.6.
    If I go to dnd settings and edit the rule,
    just changing something with the time e.g., it re-enables DND mode back on. But after several minutes of not touching the phone, it goes off again.
    I suspect perhaps some battery optimization feature kills the service responsible for DND, but could not find anything in the settings of battery optimization.
    Very frustrating issue.

3. alexbicapopii
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2021

alexbicapopii , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Same problem on my device (OnePlus 7 Pro, GM1910, Oxygen OS 10.3.8.GM21AA) that started happening only after the last software update.

I use the DND every night, with the following settings:
    - Manual DND;
    - Automatically turn on: Schedules - Never (off);
    - Exceptions: Calls - allow from starred contacts and repeat callers; SMS, MMS and messaging apps - Don't allow any messages; See all exceptions: Allow alarms, Play media sounds switched to on, the rest switched to off;
    - Behaviour: Restrict notifications - No visuals or sound from notifications; Default duration - Until you turn off.

I do not have any app set to override the DND.

What can I do to solve this?

4. Jolly
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

Jolly , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Same here... Mine is turning on at 23.30, and I figured out that if I don't use the phone from 23.30 to 00.00, it will turn off, otherwise will keep activate... For a while. Last night at 5 a.m. my phone ringed 'cause the DND was deactivated.
    For now, i will activate it for myself, but it's ridiculous.
    Furthermore, my bt keeps deactivating during overnight, and the problem seems to be the night battery optimization, that I turned off today... Maybe it's that for the DND too? I will test it this night.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021

5. Gepstra
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2022

Gepstra , Jan 13, 2022 :
    Why does this still happen OnePlus?

My 6T didn't have a problem on Android 11, my new 8T does this shit since the beginning...

Jolly likes this.
  6. Jolly
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2022