Do not disturb mode while driving

1. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 23, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Hi!
    I have a problem since two or three weeks ago.
    When I'm in a vehicle, it does not matter if I drive or not, or if it's a car, a train, if I'm a copilot ... My mobile is set to not disturb automatically. It's annoying because I've lost many notifications, and if I'm driving I understand, but if I'm a co-pilot or I'm on public transport, it does not make sense. Can someone please help me?

E_Ârüñ_Gøüd_Sri likes this.
  2. iElevation
    Froyo Dec 25, 2018

iElevation , Dec 25, 2018 :
    Yup,I always encounter this problem when I was on the bus recently.I received a notification of driving mode about one month ago, it seems to be from Google framework. But I can not find any portal or switch to close the mode.

3. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    At least I'm not the only one who happens it. The point is that it does not notify me I can't do anything [e]1f62d[/e]

4. Paschfire
    KitKat Dec 26, 2018

Paschfire , Dec 26, 2018 :
    I found a solution for disabling auto DND mode when driving, see this thread for details.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/do-not-disturb-issues.968082/

Wenyo likes this.
  5. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    Wow!!!!
    Really really thank you so much!!!

That was the solution!!

6. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

7. Paschfire
    KitKat Dec 26, 2018

Awesome! You're very welcome!

I've been looking for a solution for over 3+ months now, took some research but I figured it out finally.

8. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    The problem is that we will not have any update more, so the problem it's not going to be solve by one plus...
    I had looking for the solution for more than one moth and I had thinking to wipe data my phone. It was lucky to read you before do that!

9. Paschfire
    KitKat Dec 26, 2018

Good thing, as wiping your device wouldn't have disabled the auto DND when driving feature.

It set and part of Google Play Service server side framework, the moment you re sign-in with your Google credentials the feature would have been enabled again.

10. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    Well thank goodness I have not done it, because I was desperate ... Every time I got on the bus I was in not to disturb... I do not understand that new implementation of Google...

11. Paschfire
    KitKat Dec 26, 2018

Yep, I noticed it s few times when riding the bus, was only a week or so ago that I associated the problem being with the Auto DND when driving notification I recieved months back.

I don't drive, so I didn't put 2 and 2 together right away.

12. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    The funny thing is that sometimes only with connecting the Bluetooth of the car it put in not disturb mode, and that automatic rule does not include connected devices. I hope nothing happens because of that.
    (p.d: sorry for my English)

13. Paschfire
    KitKat Dec 26, 2018

Ya, it's largely available now on devices running Android Pie 9.

Installing Android Auto should allow access to the other features once Pie is recieved on our devices... well I hope so anyways.

It's a widely available feature on Pixel 3/XL devices and there's a Connected Devices menu within system settings when running Pie 9 that allows access to enable/disable said features.

Of course being on 8.0.0 of OOS we get screwed when a new feature is implemented into AOSP and OP doesn't follow suit with following development of such features being accessible, including they removed access to the do not disturb menu didn't help any.

Though, in all actuality it is Google whom screwed us up.

14. Wenyo
    Eclair Dec 26, 2018

Wenyo , Dec 26, 2018 :
    I hope everything from now on is as little serious as this ...

15. iElevation
    Froyo Dec 27, 2018

Paschfire likes this.