Do Not Disturb & Notifications problem

?

If anyone wants the Oneplus company improve the notification setting in the slide bar, please vote.

Poll closed Jul 25, 2017.
  1. Please improve immediately

93.2%
  2. You have no problem with this

5.6%
  3. Just forget about the problem, and throw the phone away

1.1%
  1. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 22, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 22, 2016 :
    On the OPO, I used DnD and had that setup to go quiet at 10pm, and revert back to normal mode at 7am. And that worked like a dream. The OPO is on the latest CyanogenOS 13.1.

When I moved from OPO to OP3, I restored all my apps and settings via google. So far so good...

Now, I have these issues:
    • The OP3 goes into DnD mode automatically at 10 pm. And I have no control over it. My guess is the OPO settings got migrated as part of the move over.
    • The OP3 does not get out of DnD mode at 7am. I have to use the notification slider to make that happen. And even so it appear to work, as the DnD icon disappears from the status bar, I still do not get notification backs. I need to reboot the phone to get notification back.
    • I cannot find the screens to configure the DnD mode. That would not be a problem if the notification config from the OPO was not carried over, but it is. so we need a way to at least delete whatever is set. Is there an app I could you to edit settings that have been removed from the UI?
    Anyone got an idea? I would like to avoid having to reset to factory and move over again, without copying my setting from the OPO

Beside that, I still love the OP3.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016

2. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2016

janguv , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I haven't experienced this problem exactly, but I'm also coming from an OPO running CM latest (not COS, but small difference). And I've had notification issues related to the priority mode. Not scheduling, but what counts as priority and what doesn't. In my case, I think I've resolved it by going into the global setting for app notifications and resetting all apps.

dobbz and jm_paulin like this.
  3. G_Richard_Romero_RspW
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2016

G_Richard_Romero_RspW , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I had the same issue switching from my HTC M9 yesterday. I broke down and reset to factory, made SURE that scheduled DND was turned off on my old phone, moved everything over AGAIN, and the same thing is happening. I'm really, really quite annoyed at the idea of doing a third factory reset and losing all of my old content just because of some stupid little programming bug.

4. I3ke
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2016

I3ke , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I think they have to have a closer look to DnD and notifications. Android Wear is switched to silent mode when Smartwatch is connected but the OP3 ignores this setting.

joaohalmeida and Matthew Joynt like this.
  5. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I raised support ticket #650932. I am not too hopeful but as I am not the only one in that situation, hopefully we can get if not a real fix, a procedure to remote the DND setting that got carried over from a previous phone.

Iyedbe, kylesweet and Matthew Joynt like this.
  6. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 24, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 24, 2016 :
    I gave this a go yesterday, and my OP3 didn't go into DND mode yesterday evening. I used the slide button. I flicked it back to normal this morning and I get all my notification. I think your trick solved it for me. Thx

RonaldM and janguv like this.
  7. vgornyitzki1
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2016

vgornyitzki1 , Jun 24, 2016 :
    same here. i find it almost a deal breaker. just this alone is making me thinking to return the phone.

kylesweet and joaohalmeida like this.
  8. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

janguv , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Did you try resetting all apps?

9. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

janguv , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Nice! Out of interest: did you migrate app data over from another device, using something like Titanium?

I did, and that's my working theory as to why this happens.

EDIT: scratch that, I see you did the app restore through Google. Could still be a reason tho.

10. richcswu
    Donut Jun 24, 2016

richcswu , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Agree. I was about to pull the trigger on buying the phone but this has given me second thoughts.

11. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 24, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Hey, don't get me wrong. The phone is great! Just that if you migrate from another phone, make sure you remove any DND settings, and that you backup your old phone with the new settings before migrating. I used the google backup because I could not be bothered with titanium or other backup stuff, and you do not have much control over what and when.

That being said, I think the DND stuff in Marshmallow is far superior than the slide alert button in the OP2/3. But that is just my personal take on it, and I somehow wished we had the choice between the 2. I might have to move to Cyanogen later... (and I thought I was done with ROM Surfing ...)

Matthew Joynt likes this.
  12. Guhan Selvarajan
    Eclair Jun 24, 2016

Guhan Selvarajan , Jun 24, 2016 :
    Anyone experiencing issues with the notification led? For instance for yahoo mail we get a purple color flash for notification but wen it shows it lights up blue first den purple den red, just like purple = blue + red!?

kylesweet likes this.
  13. vgornyitzki1
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2016

vgornyitzki1 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    ok there seems to be a DND app by caboozesw which suppose to be able to schedule your DND and all sorts of stuff
    i have bought it we shall see

14. dobbz
    Donut Jun 25, 2016

dobbz , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Had the same problem. Coming from a OnePlus One and imported with Google. My Do Not Disturb rules from the OnePlus One got migrated to the 3 through the Google Import and I have/had no way to update or remove them. Hoping this resetting of all apps under Sound and Notification -> App notifications -> (Three Dots) -> Reset app preferences fixes the issue as janguv stated earlier!

afullana and nostfake like this.
  15. nostfake
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

nostfake , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Thanks, I will try this !

16. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 25, 2016 :
    How did that go for you? I wrote it worked for me yesterday morning, but the OP3 went back to DND silent yesterday evening. I just did a full reset and this time I did not migrate anything. I reinstalled everything from scratch and hopefully I should be set now.

17. Matthew Joynt
    Donut Jun 26, 2016

Matthew Joynt , Jun 26, 2016 :
    Any luck with this approach?

18. ppdebie
    Eclair Jun 26, 2016

ppdebie , Jun 26, 2016 :
    I am unsure where I migrated from. Dropped my Nexus 5X in a pool the day after ordering the OP3 so I used a Nexus 5 for a week or so.

Have (and had) battery widget pro running to set my sleep and awake times. This function isn't on on my OP3 yet it still goes into sleep mode. Can't seem to change this either.

Any luck with third party apps, anyone? maybe?

19. ppdebie
    Eclair Jun 26, 2016

ppdebie , Jun 26, 2016 :
    And? Did this work for you?

20. Antiquado
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2016

Antiquado , Jun 26, 2016 :
    I'm just hoping they will put DnD back in the settings. It is awesome functionality, and while the notification slider is a nice touch, it is still a manual setting. DnD is so great because it is rule based and automatic. It should be possible to have DnD override the manual slider. That's the way iOS does it as well, and it is perfectly intuitive. Unfortunately, there has been no mention of a fix yet by OnePlus.

I hadn't thought of the settings import angle many of you have problems with, but that's a terrible side effect of OnePlus' decision to remove DnD. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.

As for me... I use DnD extensively on my current Moto X so, I'll hold off on buying until more is known or announced by OnePlus.