Do Not Disturb & Notifications problem

?

If anyone wants the Oneplus company improve the notification setting in the slide bar, please vote.

Poll closed Jul 25, 2017.
  1. Please improve immediately

93.2%
  2. You have no problem with this

5.6%
  3. Just forget about the problem, and throw the phone away

1.1%
  1. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 26, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 26, 2016 :
    So far so good. Looks like few other customization I had from CyanogenOS like font got carried away with my initial migration. So with a fresh start and no migration, all that stuff is lost as well. But for now, Looks like DND is behaving as it should.

2. vgornyitzki1
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2016

vgornyitzki1 , Jun 26, 2016 :
    yea, , it works out of the box. overrides whatever hardware button says

3. ppdebie
    Eclair Jun 26, 2016

ppdebie , Jun 26, 2016 :
    I tried resetting the app notifications to factory default. No help, still goes in to silent mode automatically. We need a fix for this!

4. pixelcowboy
    Eclair Jun 26, 2016

pixelcowboy , Jun 26, 2016 :
    I have this same problem, it's killing me. I might actually return the phone because of this issue.

kylesweet and Matthew Joynt like this.
  5. Matthew Joynt
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

Matthew Joynt , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Same here. The Do-Not-Disturb problems with this phone are really annoying.

kylesweet likes this.
  6. G_Ben_Nolen_QINB
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

G_Ben_Nolen_QINB , Jun 27, 2016 :
    While I don't have any issues with phone going in to DnD on it's own, I too am coming from a Moto X and am completely reliant on the built in ability of Marshmallow to schedule DND. The switch is a convenience, especially during the day if going in to a meeting or a movie. But it does not replace the schedule ability.

I don't want to have to remember to slide the switch at night before bed, and back again in the morning when I get up. Seems like an oversight to me.

I too may be returning the phone for this reason, sadly.

osro, caribo and Matthew Joynt like this.
  7. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 27, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Ok the DND stuff is gone for me. Just to clarify the steps I went through:
    • One the OPO, remove most of the stuff I rarely use, and then backup Nova config
    • Make sure you transfer all your banking and single signon app back to the OPO !!! (you are doomed and will spend 3 hours on their respective customer support if you do not - I just did....).
    • OnePlus 3 factory reset
    • Initial setup: DO NOT IMPORT ANY SETTINGS FROM PREVIOUS PHONE !!!
    • Install all the apps manually (yes, manually.... :( )
    • Import Nova settings
    Pfiuu....

Can someone Tell OxygenOS dev to do something about this? I understand DND clashes with the Alert slide button, but you can probably figure something out like a extra option in settings to say ignore the slide button, or slide button override any DND setting.

G_Wacey_Pruit_HUHK likes this.
  8. Cellzor
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

Cellzor , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Have you attempted to factory reset and not login into any google account?
    It's a huge step to take, but if the issue remains then it's something within the OP3 rom.

I do not have such issues, nor can I find any kind of schedular where this could be set natively in the rom.
    Maybe you are using a 3rd party app that got its app settings restored when you connected the device to your google account?

9. thomo27
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2016

thomo27 , Jun 27, 2016 :
    I have the same issue. My phone goes into silent mode at 11 pm UK time. But doesnt come out of it in the morning. I have to toggle the alert slider.
    Not bothering me too much now it seems I know why (imported settings from my old phone), but I would like a software update to fix it or include scheduled silent time as I find it very useful.

hapekerkeling likes this.
  10. dobbz
    Donut Jun 27, 2016

dobbz , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Sorry guys. No luck with the alert settings. I guess the only "work around" is a system wipe and re-install without using the google import. I'm not about to spend a half of a day doing that again. Hopefully OnePlus steps up and fixes this!

11. pixelcowboy
    Eclair Jun 27, 2016

pixelcowboy , Jun 27, 2016 :
    Yes same, here, please go to the OnePlus twitter account and raise a stink if this is a problem for you!

12. ppdebie
    Eclair Jun 28, 2016

ppdebie , Jun 28, 2016 :
    I might have found a solution for me. I think my problem was due to the app 'battery widget pro' running on my deceased Nexus 5X with a switched on automatic night setting. I reinstalled the app, set the automatic night setting, let it run for a night (BTW, that worked as it should) and turned it off now. Seems, so far, this works. I'll report back once I have more conclusive results.

13. diplodocus
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

kylesweet likes this.
  14. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 29, 2016

Adam Krisko , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Hey,

Just got done talking to one of the devs about this. They are working on a fix for it. He told me "issues coming from loading DnD profiles from old devices will be fixed by changing the code so that the Alert Slider cannot be overridden by a software DnD." This should be included in one of the next OTAs (not sure which one yet) If you have any questions, let me know.

15. Matthew Joynt
    Donut Jun 29, 2016

Matthew Joynt , Jun 29, 2016 :
    That's great news. Thanks. Any chance they can include the ability to schedule DnD time (like standard Marshmallow allows) as well?

16. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 29, 2016

Adam Krisko , Jun 29, 2016 :
    It's hard to implement with a hardware override, basically if we allow the "normal process" to happen (say we allow a software DnD in only the "ringer" position of the alert slider) if the Alert Slider is any other position, the software DnD will not work, as the hardware button will always override the software settings. This can be very confusing from a UX perspective as a user will most likely see this feature as broken and say there is a bug. We are looking at possible implementations of it, but nothing is decided at the moment.

17. Pedro120
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2016

Pedro120 , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Now what would be fantastic at least for me would be to allow us to change the alert slider to control the volume from ring to vibrate to silent and put the DnD in the pull down shade. That would be a nice option to have.

18. KariJuhani
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2016

KariJuhani , Jun 29, 2016 :
    i just got my phone and installed all software on it.... no notifications to Moto 360!
    I had Huawei Honor7 before, and there was same issue with Android 6.0.1 and up. With 6.0 everything works.

Can it be that issues come from the Android version that is used as base here?

Could not resolve these problems last time, i had to downgrade HH7 to Android 6.0

It really is a deal breaker, and shame if it comes from Google.

Any advice ?

19. ppdebie
    Eclair Jun 29, 2016

ppdebie , Jun 29, 2016 :
    So, my fix didnt work. Battery widget pro and it's night setting will put it in night setting, but it's not able to pull it back out of silent mode in the morning.

I caved, reset the phone, installed each app by hand (takes about an hour if you're quick) and will see if this works tonight.

20. jm_paulin
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

jm_paulin , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Right, I thought about it but what about adding an option in the Alert Slider section to say enable/disable? When disabled only Marshmallow DnD setting are operational, and when enabled, then only the alert slider is functional. As this is a user action, the user knows what he is doing (well, should anyway). Would that make it clearer? of course that also implies the DND option are visible, but disabled when the slider is enabled. Not great from a UX point of view, but some text as why the section is disabled could be handy. You can see in this thread quite a few of us are quite happy with the DnD as it is in marshmallow, so preserving these options could have value for some of us, at least.

From a usability point of view, when you have the flip case, the alert slider is on the wrong side of the phone to be accessible. maybe something to take into account for OP4 (I am not talking about flip case for left handed people. of course).

But excellent news this will be fixed. Thanks !

WilliamKBR, krsh, TCPlus and 3 others like this.