Do Not Disturb Schedule

1. T1511250588971
    Donut Nov 29, 2017

T1511250588971 , Nov 29, 2017 :
    I have just got a OnePlus 5t and first impressions are not good - but that's for a different thread.

One of my main issues is the lack of a Do Not Disturb Schedule. There are multiple threads here on this and I've found a work around (in the OnePlus 3 section) using Nova Launcher, but it's not ideal and not exactly an intuitive solution.

None of the threads I've found seem to have a real answer to why there is no DND Schedule setting so my question to OnePlus is why is this? Is it something that you plan to do? For me it's a bit of a show stopper. Yes, I could flick the iPhone switch (if I'd wanted an iPhone I would have bought one) but then I have to remember to manually do this. Sooner or later I'll forget and either be disturbed in the night or miss a call the following day.

Am I missing something here?

2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Nov 29, 2017

MentalDraco , Nov 29, 2017 :
    I guess it goes both ways, in a way yes it is a convenience, and one less thing one has to do, on the other how lazy and forgetful did we get that we can't flip a switch on the side of the phone. I'm 50 / 50 on this

Henry1987 likes this.
  3. T1511250588971
    Donut Nov 29, 2017

T1511250588971 , Nov 29, 2017 :
    I have just found out that the work around doesn't work, so I don't have a solution.

I will raise a support case tomorrow.

It's nothing to do with being lazy, it's all to do with technology.

LarsTore, giddie and BSaelens81 like this.
  4. teffisk11
    Froyo Dec 12, 2017

teffisk11 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    This is a huge gripe for me and this phone. OnePlus has never addressed it. In fact they only made it worse with the Nougat update.

LarsTore and jnbrnnn like this.
  5. T1511250588971
    Donut Dec 12, 2017

LarsTore and jnbrnnn like this.
  6. tomwatney
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

tomwatney , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I also didn't realise this feature was missing when I bought the 5T, which is a shame as I was used to it on my previous phone.

However, I have got round this missing feature by installing an app that does the same job and works well. I'm using "Do Not Disturb - Free"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cuiet.cuiet.free

I'm sure there are others out there, try some and see which ones you like.

alex.cucu and giddie like this.
  7. pranavsultania
    Froyo Jan 26, 2018

pranavsultania , Jan 26, 2018 :
    This has to be baked into the Oxygen OS itself. I totally agree that the physical switch is a great advantage but there are many times when I need a schedule for a few days on months. It's not always practical to remember to flick the switch.

From what I understand, it is a feature built into the android os itself by google but for some reason, Oneplus has chosen to disable it due to the presence of the alert slider.

I had the feature on my Oneplus One as well and i really miss this. I hope Oneplus is listening and will do something about it. I don't think i'll get another oneplus device after this if they don't implement this feature soon.

LarsTore and neogt like this.
  8. neogt
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

neogt , Jan 26, 2018 :
    I think so, I don't understand why OP has disabled the native DND schedule. It's so useful for me too.

9. sweetberrywine
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2018

sweetberrywine , Jan 26, 2018 :
    I hadn't even thought of this -- but doesn't having a physical switch make it problematic to have a DND scheduler? As in: if you switch it one way and the scheduler goes another, then what happens?

10. neogt
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

neogt , Jan 26, 2018 :
    No problem. DND should work only with alert slider in normal position.

pranavsultania likes this.
  11. pranavsultania
    Froyo Jan 29, 2018

pranavsultania , Jan 29, 2018 :
    That would be the ideal way to implement it. I'm sure some custom ROMs out there must have it. However, it seems highly unlikely that OnePlus is going to implement it.

12. MDTaylor2274
    Donut Apr 12, 2018

MDTaylor2274 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I'm new to the OnePlus 5T scene and I use Nova Launcher Prime. I manually switched the DND on and imI still getting alerts. I believe it worked fine before I downloaded Nova. Is there a way to fix this, besides removing the Nova Launcher?

13. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2018

Nick 59 , Apr 13, 2018 :
    Because there is a physical alert slider on Oneplus phones enabling a scheduled DND would allow potential conflicts. That is why it is not in OOS.
    Options are therefore to either get used to the Alert Slider or get an app.

14. SylvainDufour
    Froyo Apr 13, 2018

SylvainDufour , Apr 13, 2018 :
    Actually there is DND hidden schedule but it's not available through the interface. You can access it by using Nova launcher "activity" shortcuts.

Here is the steps using Nova launcher;

- Long press on the desktop.
    - Select WIDGET.
    - Select Nova ACTIVITIES.
    - Scroll down to SETTINGS then select it so it expands.
    - Scroll down to DO NOT DISTURBED (first one) and select it.

Open your newly shortcut and select AUTOMATIC RULES and now program your Do Not Disturbed schedule!

1523575766623.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018