Do Not Disturb vs Silent

1. ebuntario
    Eclair Jan 13, 2017

ebuntario , Jan 13, 2017 :
    I'm new to OnePlus. Currently using OnePlus 3T. I'm trying to make use of the volume slider on the side but I couldn't make sense of scenarios to use each of the mode. I feel that it is similar. Any advice?

Dash Night likes this.
  2. Monotron
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

Monotron , Jan 13, 2017 :
    I agree. I would have preferred if the three slider options were completely customizable when it comes to functionality and name.

Like, I'd like to make "Do not disturb" silent (or vibrate only) on messages, which you cannot do, so you are left with "Silent" mode.

I have just gotten the phone myself and I am just about to do research on Roms that may contain these features, but it would have been a really neat feature to have as standard.

3. mdissel
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

mdissel , Jan 13, 2017 :
    totally agree..do not disturb mode without sounds is reallly necessary..

daniil1001k and Tomas_Nagaj like this.
  4. andrejkiss
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2017

andrejkiss , Feb 1, 2017 :
    I would like the do not disturb mode to be comoletely silent (no ringtone, no application sounds, no vibrations) is that possible?

Tomas_Nagaj likes this.
  5. whezrum
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2017

whezrum , Apr 20, 2017 :
    I'm asking myself the same question, is there anybody that can answer?

6. snoopy5
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

7. SteF5818
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2017

SteF5818 , Jul 24, 2017 :
    Same here, I would love to be the do not disturb completely silent, like no sound, no vibrate at all

8. closetedhippie
    Donut Jul 28, 2017

closetedhippie , Jul 28, 2017 :
    I use "do not disturb" as my day to day Moe on my phone. the mode is set to ring through starred contacts only and doesn't ring for any other numbers. I use silent when I'm in church or a meeting...I make sure though that the media, alarm, and ringer volumes are all silent.

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. closetedhippie
    Donut Jul 28, 2017

closetedhippie , Jul 28, 2017 :
    mode not Moe. :)

10. flocsy
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2017

flocsy , Aug 22, 2017 :
    Actually I think there's a bug in DnD mode:
    When I set the ring volume to low in DnD mode, then I switch back to Ring mode, the volume stays low.
    The same happens the other way around which is even worse:
    I set the ring volume to maximum in Ring mode, then when I switch to DnD mode it rings in full volume :(

11. Dray451
    Froyo Aug 28, 2017

Dray451 , Aug 28, 2017 :

yes it is possible. just slide it all the way up to silent! (press the gear on the right side and make sure set media volume to zero is set and enable vibration is disabled)