do not trust support chat via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

troyolson92 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 19, 2019 :
    do not trust anything OnePlus chat support says. they lie and manipulate to make everything seem perfect for a good follow-up review.

I purchased oneplus 7 pro oct 30th. started a return Nov12th (because of so many Android 10 bugs). Nov 18th they make it $100 cheaper than what I paid for it. after several calls concluded OnePlus will not refund the difference because the purchase date is beyond 15 days. even though they would lose a complete sale and long time customer. OnePlus doesn't care.

Today I used OnePlus chat and was told by two different chat people I would be refunded $100. One person name was Harry harddon. I took screenshots of the conversations which I will update post with.

absolutely blows my mind that OnePlus would rather loose a sale, loose a long term supporter over 3 day difference. especially considering how long it took to get the phone after ordering it. also considering I started a return RMA the 12th. 15 days is ridiculous considering everybody else is 30 days from when you receive it not from when it ships. OnePlus is a terrible company, lying support staff, terrible ethics, terrible software coders.

I hope OnePlus goes out of business and looks back to see where it all went wrong. hint: CUSTOMER SUPPORT. see Amazon for an example of how to do it right.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

2. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 19, 2019

meatandy , Nov 19, 2019 :
    What don't you understand about the 15-day return policy that's clearly written and the terms and conditions on the website?

3. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2019

HermitDash , Nov 19, 2019 :
    The thing is, OnePlus isn't a big player with a ton of money to fling around. You bought it 2 months ago based on order date that's beyond their terms.

It's like saying I ordered a case and used it for 2 months, didn't like it then returned it and decided I actually did like it but want it cheaper because it's on sale now so refund me.

If the world worked in ways of how you're seeing it most companies would be out of business by now. If you really wanted to get it at the sale price. Return your unit, repurchase under the pricing instead of going out of your way blasting that oh I'm not getting anything.

Plus this is the support forum (for technical issues) not the feedback forum.

Android450 likes this.
  4. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

what don't you understand about my post. it's all written there including the answer to your question. I have a return RMA for full refund. Instead of OnePlus losing a sale and long term customer they could price match. I'm bitter at the stupidity. at this point don't care about OnePlus and the amateur hour software. I'm bitter at the support chat blatant lies, which were 2 out of 2. company only cares about volume sales, not quality, not the customer.

5. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

HermitDash

The thing is, OnePlus isn't a big player with a ton of money to fling around. You bought it 2 months ago based on order date that's beyond their terms.

It's like saying I ordered a case and used it for 2 months, didn't like it then returned it and decided I actually did like it but want it cheaper because it's on sale now so refund me.

If the world worked in ways of how you're seeing it most companies would be out of business by now. If you really wanted to get it at the sale price. Return your unit, repurchase under the pricing instead of going out of your way blasting that oh I'm not getting anything.

Plus this is the support forum (for technical issues) not the feedback forum.​

sorry I mistyped. bought oct 30th. either way why I'm he'll would I return a unit and purchase another one. especially from the same company that lied to me twice, can't write software, and treats customers as a number. they may not be a big player but they act like one already. going back to Google phones. at least the software works.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

6. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 19, 2019

I don't understand why the device wasn't sent back for full price after your first RMA conversation?

BTW , this is a user/customer forum and nobody from the company's going to pay attention to your whining here.

ChrisX0z likes this.
  7. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

meatandy

I don't understand why the device wasn't sent back for full price after your first RMA conversation?

BTW , this is a user/customer forum and nobody from the company's going to pay attention to your whining here.​

it's on it's way today. I didn't send back right away because I was hoping bug fix update would solve issues. today's update solved nothing. man for having such a strong opinion you really don't think before you speak

8. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 19, 2019

In my defense you did write August 30th and edited your post after my reply....SMH.

Maybe you should have proof read your writing before you posted it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

yes I did make a mistake on typing.

10. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2019

All I hear are words and not specific ones to what software issues you're having. I could care less about what customer support told you, but I'm here if you want to troubleshoot your issues. Nothing is perfect, and having a OnePlus device gives you the freedom to change the device the way you want it. It's the whole reason that most OnePlus devices (except the 2) has mostly high regards to it.

11. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

HermitDash

All I hear are words and not specific ones to what software issues you're having. I could care less about what customer support told you, but I'm here if you want to troubleshoot your issues. Nothing is perfect, and having a OnePlus device gives you the freedom to change the device the way you want it. It's the whole reason that most OnePlus devices (except the 2) has mostly high regards to it.​

OMG really. I posted the software issues in all relevant threads. not to mention the software issues with Android 10 build are well known.

I was a OnePlus fan back in the day. support ruined it then. and now I decided to give OnePlus another try and support/software ruined it now. this thread is about "chat support lying" not software issues.

12. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 19, 2019

Horsault , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I'm trying to understand, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

You know OnePlus policy and the 14-days hassle-free return.
    You purchased on Oct. 30th.
    You effectively returned the device on Nov. 19th.

When did you receive your device?

Where are you living?

Prabhu Narayanasamy likes this.
  13. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

it's 15 days. I received the device Nov 5th. (started RMA Nov 12th.- waited to see if Android 10 issues were going to resolved before 15 days were up).

14. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 19, 2019

15. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2019

You gotta understand I don't read every thread lol. I've been sitting on Open Beta 5 with zero issues.

16. troyolson92
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

I completely understand, also the threads are very active.

main software issues were:
    wifi disconnects then reconnects every few seconds

autobrightness is random. also won't stay in manual brightness so pretty much changing brightness every few seconds.

dark theme reverts itself to white theme which also changes all options in the theme menu to random.

phone locksup for up to 20 sec. and randomly studders.

Bluetooth same as wifi

scrolling while reading studders and blurry 50% of the time.

fingerprint reader correctly reads fingerprint less than half of the time. I have retaught many times changed screen protector from stock to glass and no difference.

17. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2019

HermitDash , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I know you already returned it but if you decide to get another device and run into the same problems here are possible resolutions.

Which firmware are you on? After you updated to Android 10 did you do a full wipe?

For Wifi all I could think of is either your network or the system just needed a full wipe.

I can agree with the autobrightness thing but if it bothers you alot switch to full manual brightness to remedy.

Dark theme: Enable Dev options there's a Override force-dark to be always on so it doesn't change. I didn't understand what you meant that it changes all the options in the theme menu to random.

Phone Lockup: Still sounds like you need a wipe.

Bluetooth: Refer to wifi section.

Scrolling: Which app and how blurry? Take screenshots and post em here.

Fingerprint reader: Register the same finger twice and see if it gets any better.

18. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 20, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Hi Troy,

If you have any further issues with the refund for the $100, please send me a personal message or tag me here on the forums to see if I can help you escalate the issue.