do u recommend this case for me?

1. abboud
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2014

abboud , Dec 23, 2014 :
    thanks guys im going for it .. and im gonna write a review on it when i recive it ( hope its good and protects my opo) tc all of u

2. Thijs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2014

3. Czech05
    Froyo Dec 23, 2014

4. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Dec 23, 2014

Maximus12 , Dec 23, 2014 :
    I bought two of them, along with a diztronic case. Neither is slicker or stickier than the other. JCase is just knobbier.

Pros
    1) Most protective case you will find.
    2) Not a whole lot bigger then diztronic.
    3) Kickstand is useful.

Cons
    1) Cuts into your hand a little bit. Might be uncomfortable for some.
    2) Hard to locate power and volume buttons, since they blend into the sides.
    3) Kickstand rattles a little and needs to be pulled out carefully, or you will have to do some minor maintenance on it.

BL: my wife likes the JCase, since she always has kids or stuff in her hands and wants the most protection. I prefer diztronic for the slimmer body with less protection.

ultimusrex likes this.
  5. dustbunnyck
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2014

dustbunnyck , Dec 23, 2014 :
    I got one for my Sony xperia z3 and it didn't fit well and it was cheap. It's not made to last so if you get it expect a few months out of it. I also need heavy duty cases at my work so I go through nice cases(like Seidio and Otter box) all the time

Edit:I'm referring to the original post in this thread

6. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2014

patstar5 , Dec 23, 2014 :
    Well that case is only $5... Get it if you want

Czech05 likes this.
  7. slpkn
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2014

slpkn , Dec 23, 2014 :
    You do know that "Diablo" means "Devil" in spanish right?

[​IMG]

LibbyXCX and Czech05 like this.
  8. abboud
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2014

abboud , Dec 24, 2014 :
    lol

9. Tricia24

Tricia24 , Dec 24, 2014 :
    Yes, recommended! Looks like that's the Jkase Diablo, which is the most rugged OPO case I've seen so far. And that link showed more colors than I realized were available.

10. Edbit33
    Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2014

11. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2014

12. J.Pinkman
    Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2014

J.Pinkman , Dec 24, 2014 :
    Look on youtube, there are some videos about it. It's called the Jkase Diablo. I was planning to buy this too!

13. ultimusrex

ultimusrex , Dec 24, 2014 :
    Hello. I have experience with this case... I got the blue one. Before that, I just had the black Tudia TPU case.

The case that you linked to definitely adds some bulk to the phone, compared to a plain TPU case. I really like the blue color and the flashier style than the simple black one I've been using, but that's about the only thing that's good about it. It's not a bad case, by any means... It's just not for everyone. The added bulk, especially from the kickstand in the back, make it so that it does not fit very well in my clamp-style car mount ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KOAQGF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Also, I can't tell if it's by design, or if it's a die-line from the casting of the softer colored material, but there's a strange wedge shape right around the outside top edge that can feel a little sharp against your fingers if you are holding it for an extended period of time. The USB opening seems to be the same as my Tudia case, which is to say that it probably will not accept all of the standard, bulky USB connectors, but fits perfectly with the slim-style connectors like the red OnePlus charging cable (if I think to, I will test this, but I never did when I was using it for a short time).

Design wise, it actually appears to me that it might be LESS protective that an all TPU case. Just because, the hard plastic extends around the corners of the case, which could potentially be good, except that the soft material is very thin beneath the hard corners, and it seems to me that the corners are where you would want the MOST shock absorption offered by the softer material, rather than the least.

Despite the corner issue, it does feel heftier and more rugged than my plain little TPU case, so my plan is to use the black TPU case for everyday situations, but if I ever go camping, or just in more dangerous situations, I plan to swap it for the rugged case. Plus it is definitely more eye-catching, so if I really feel like showing off my OnePlus One in social situations, I might dig out the bright blue knobby rugged case for that, too. ;)

abboud likes this.
  14. france42
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2014

15. antiprism
    Gingerbread Dec 24, 2014

antiprism , Dec 24, 2014 :
    HAHAha lol.

16. J.Pinkman
    Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2014

abboud likes this.
  17. ultimusrex

ultimusrex , Dec 24, 2014 :
    It is definitely more rugged, but don't you think the hard corners with the thinner part of the more shock-absorptive softer material underneath might actually offer less protection than an all TPU case? I would want MORE of the softer material on the corners to soften the blow in a drop, not less. But I'm curious what you think.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

18. Tricia24

19. wmeeker
    Gingerbread Dec 24, 2014

wmeeker , Dec 24, 2014 :
    I have this Tudia slim fit case and also recommend it. It's very sturdy and has survived several drops already. I had to go back to a wallet case since I can't seem to remember my money clip ever, so now I'm using 'boxwave book case' and love it! Its literally the size of an actual book, lol.

20. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2014

Maximus12 , Dec 24, 2014 :
    I took a closer look, and at the corners the amount of TPU is the same as Diztronic, which confirms your point. However, since it's covered by the harder plastic, the force might be transmitted across the rest of the harder plastic material. I'm not a materials engineer, but this layered "composite" protection at the corners might actually be stronger than a homogeneous material.

ultimusrex likes this.