Do we really need 5G in our life?

1. Draculablood
    Donut Apr 15, 2019

Draculablood , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Hi community,

I would like to know what do you think about the usage of 5G in your daily. Since we have so many frequency from radio to WiFi, GPS etc. Is this 5G really necessary for our environment and will it be good for our body?

I've come to several articles we're Belgium has banned for safety reasons the test of the 5G connectivity in his country and many other EU and non-EU Country's are considering to support the decision that Belgium has already made.

Dracula

otto2 likes this.
  2. otto2
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

otto2 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    No, we do not need it right now. 5G is most interesting for industry and autonomous driving etc. ( But do we really need machines controlling our lives? MCAS function of boeing shows us, what can happen ...)

Mobile phones- who needs faster download rates? LTE is fast enough for browsing. Online gaming with a mobile phone? Personally i prefer a big screen for gaming as i ve connected to my PC.
    When i m not at home i do not have the time for gaming, i do work or drive my motorbike or... Do something REAL.

Draculablood likes this.
  3. darren190390
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

darren190390 , Jun 12, 2019 :
    We need 5G in all areas. Especially in Industry 4.0. Since the latency of 5G is less than 1ms, the speed is comparable to a signal line. All lines that transmit signals to devices can simply be replaced by a transmitter and a receiver.

Among other things, there are also advantages for the gaming world. streaming of games without delay. another point would be a very accurate location determination by map services. In medicine, it would be possible to perform operations remotely, since the delay is so low. Autonomous cars will be able to communicate with each other almost in real time and prevent accidents in the future. with 5g it will be possible to achieve a download rate of 10,000 Mbit / s.

as a negative point, of course, would be the radiation. however, one disagrees among researchers. By comparison, you need 70,000 antennas to cover Germany 100% with 4G. To be able to cover 5G to 100%, you have to obstruct at least 700,000 antennas.

So summarized must be built at a distance of 1km, the 5G antennas. You can imagine yourself like a chessboard where an antenna stands at every corner of a box.
    The small distances are necessary because 5G is more susceptible to obstacles, as well as range. the reception can be more easily disturbed by rain, or obstacles such as trees, houses. so that the reception does not collapse you take the distance of 1km