Do we think removing the headphone jack from the Oneplus 6T is a good idea?

?

Is removing the headphone jack from the OP6T a good idea?

1. No

167 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Yes

31 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. Don't care

33 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Wing Nut Froyo Sep 14, 2018

Wing Nut, Sep 14, 2018 :
    It's greedy to not listen to the majority of your fanbase's wishes just to sell your new wireless earbuds. Especially when you've previously mocked other companies' decision to ditch the jack.

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't fault OnePlus for making a smart business move. I fault them for claiming to listen, and then not listening.

appupd, TaranQ and Gamboaco like this.
  2. NoInspiration Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

NoInspiration, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Well with that I agree. It's very hypocritical. I just think that releasing bluetooth earphones has nothing to do with this

TaranQ and Wing Nut like this.
  3. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I would not call that greedy. Greedy is wanting more. Have you seen how many have been whining about the wireless earphones being out of stock? I sure have. They sure aren't focused on selling those earphones.

NoInspiration likes this.
  4. Intruder71 KitKat Sep 14, 2018

Intruder71, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Apparently the reason for that is v2 is on the way, makes you wonder what was up with v1 of the wireless buds...

5. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    They are doing what they felt was right since the majority of the community has wireless earphones already. (59% according to Carl)
    OnePlus is trying to soften the blow by making the Type-C earphones. 2 choices there.

6. NoInspiration Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

NoInspiration, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Very good point

7. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I think it was a product and demand sort of issue.
    Not enough product to meet the demands.

They just released the bullets wireless this year. I don't think they are working on new ones so soon

8. Wing Nut Froyo Sep 14, 2018

Wing Nut, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Baymax

"They are doing what they felt was right since the majority of the community has wireless earphones already. (59% according to Carl)
    OnePlus is trying to soften the blow by making the Type-C earphones. 2 choices there."

Again, I don't want to buy something additional from them. I like my headphones and I want to use them (while charging, if I so choose).

Difference of opinions, really. The main frustration is that OnePlus isn't listening, and many agree with me on that.

LeKeiser, Gamboaco and magnumous like this.
  9. Intruder71 KitKat Sep 14, 2018

Read differently yesterday mate could be bs I guess but surely not difficult to trickle stock can't take long to make them? Why I thought it could be plausible..

10. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

11. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Well. It was speculated, but then the Type C earphones were released.

Intruder71 likes this.
  12. Jesusmanuel22 Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

Jesusmanuel22, Sep 14, 2018 :
    if they include a huge battery, a screen fingerprint sensor and dual speakers I can forgive them and understand the decision. It's still a huge inconvenient because I use it everyday.
    For all those assholes saying "you can still use it with the dongle". You can't use it while charging, it's a tremendous inconvenient. Bluetooth is great and all but it's still laggy, buggy, with big delays and sound quality suffers

appupd and Gamboaco like this.
  13. magnumous Eclair Sep 14, 2018

magnumous, Sep 14, 2018 :
    yea yea so we all have our reasons, but lets be logical. if Bluetooth eats battery, wireless headphones need to be charged and really how much battery space does the headphone jack actually take. c'mon guys, you seriously can't be buying into this, technology is meant to make life easy, so imagine now you have to keep both your phone and headphones charged to use it. what if I want to play a game, while charging with earphones on... haha OnePlus, c'mon Carl Pei surely you can give a better reason than that, of course there will be people who will buy the phone but look at how much your fanbase gets disappointed with every new phone now.

talk about community driven, higher price, removed features, a notch. I thought you said you won't be taking the jack off anytime soon, but hey who am I, who are we... some noisy sheep?

NEVER SETTLE

appupd, vik45, Gamboaco and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jesusmanuel22 Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

15. Intruder71 KitKat Sep 14, 2018

You can get a decent amount of charge in 10 to 15 minutes though, not like you charge it for hours on end...

Baymax likes this.
  16. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Updated.
    And like I said nobody Dash Charges and listens to music because of the grounding issue happening with Dash.

Intruder71 likes this.
  17. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 14, 2018

Baymax, Sep 14, 2018 :
    2 out of 3 are likely. Huge battery and in display fingerprint sensor (in display fingerprint sensor is already confirmed)

18. SergioPredatore Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

Intruder71 likes this.
  19. G_Farhan_eNIf Eclair Sep 14, 2018

G_Farhan_eNIf, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I'm pretty sure there are going to include a connector for your earbuds to type C

20. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 14, 2018

Its.Leandroo, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Use wired headphones. Just with a different connector.

Intruder71 likes this.