Do you agree with Carl Pei in his USA Today interview?

1. doolgo
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

doolgo , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I'm just curious, if you agree with some of the things brought up.
    Before commenting, read this article which highlights it: http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-carl-pei-another-phone-in-2015-nfc-is-overblown-630753/
    ---
    One of the things that mad me kind of dislike Oneplus is this:
    "I think the entire issue of NFC is overblown. Very few people are using NFC, so we cut it. It’s as simple as that.

I know that Android Pay is coming but all that is in the future. It (NFC) is going to gain widespread adoption in stores 12-18 months from now. By that time people will have moved on to the next device."

He acknowledges Android Pay and it's growth but is pretty much saying that we're going to buy the new Oneplus phone next year. I'd hope a phone is built to last two years.
    I'm still buying the Two, just irritates me on how they handled the NFC issue.

Also I don't like how they're planning on releasing a device in December but aren't giving details. That means it may or may not make the Oneplus Two the lesser of the two. I'm hoping it's a mini and not a "prime"

newfguy, August99, Tepi and 3 others like this.
  2. rohitmanikath
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015

Jozef jur likes this.
  3. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

dcmcc24 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    They didn't add NFC, but they added pins to change the theme of hydrogen os depending on the back cover.

Vistro and Skf123 like this.
  4. yemnirmal
    Donut Aug 4, 2015

yemnirmal , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I totally agree with you..!! coz in country like India we dont use NFC at all..!! No use of it..!!

5. doolgo
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

doolgo , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I never said they added NFC?

6. madmike95
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

7. alexlam24
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2015

alexlam24 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Android Beam. A lot of people I know use it. NFC tags? A lot of people also use that.

Eeroz, nelySLB and madmike95 like this.
  8. gery15
    Eclair Aug 4, 2015

9. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

dcmcc24 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    English is not your first language?

JHong likes this.
  10. alexlam24

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

11. Uncoloredpoem

Uncoloredpoem , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Flagship killer 2016 lelelelelelel. Except they kind of admitted it won't be, and that we should probably buy their next phone if we want to keep up.

12. craZDude
    Eclair Aug 4, 2015

craZDude , Aug 4, 2015 :
    They did their research, not many people use NFC. Frankly, even if Android Pay becomes super popular in like a year... it's not like credit cards are going away. How hard is it to just pay with a credit card? Especially since the chip payment method (instead of using the magnetic stripe) will gain widespread adoption this winter since financial laws are changing, it'll be easier than ever to use credit card, and safer to boot. It might be cool to have NFC, but no way is it a deal-breaker. I'll just carry around my wallet like I always will.

13. davkos
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

davkos , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I also do not like the fact that there is a small possibility that the "3rd" phone will be better.

In that case OP cuts its own fingers by spreading the rumors it will bring out a new device.... I will wait buying the OPT till I am sure the phone released in December won't be better.

doolgo and Anton_Skrundev like this.
  14. #HYPEorGTFO
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

Eeroz, Takendown and Kenshiken like this.
  15. doolgo
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

madmike95 likes this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Aug 4, 2015

doolgo likes this.
  17. doolgo
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

doolgo , Aug 4, 2015 :
    No, it is.
    You said
    "They didn't add NFC, but they added pins to change the theme of hydrogen os depending on the back cover."
    You worded it as if I said there were pins and we might use the Styleswap covers to gain NFC, but I never referred to the pins.

18. madmike95
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

madmike95 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Lol. Dear @Carl Your explanation doesn't make any sense.

doolgo likes this.
  19. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

dcmcc24 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    You misread. I said they added the pins in a sarcastic manner, like they couldn't add that, but then added another frivolous feature instead.

20. jflcn2
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

jflcn2 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Seems to suggest that the Op2 is conceived as a short life throwaway device. Many people do change phones often I am sure but phones get passed on to family and friends or sold to others. I think that argument works for a salesman but not for the customer.

Eeroz likes this.