15.1%
  4. Hate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Mar 27, 2019

Daisy K., Mar 27, 2019 :
    Forum (2).png

Hi friends,

Last time I shared about the snacks that keep our team going. This time, I’d like to share about what some of us are watching in our off time. A lot of us grew up on the staples of Dragonball Z, Ghibli and Pokemon (finally picked up Let’s Go Eevee for the switch). Some of us trekked deeper into a shoujo or shounen genre. One of my staples that I picked up during this time was Fullmetal Alchemist (yes, Brotherhood).

flmbrother.gif

While some people didn’t get the appeal of Japanese animation, the tide has certainly changed today with the advent of internet culture. A few series here and there are practically mainstream and iconic parts of America culture. Here are a few of the series that we’re currently enjoying:

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - It’s not the most recent series to come out, but the story and the exciting fighting scenes make this one a must-mention. One of our favorite characters is Levi, the short but sharp leader of the gang. His fighting technique is neat, for the lack of a better word.

Sword Art Online (Sodo ato Onrain) – This series features a Hunger Games type set-up, except it’s a VR challenge where if you don’t win, you die in real life. The plot is very immersive. It’s already into its 4th season. Like most series, the first one was the best one (nostalgia is a factor, but in this case it’s actually true) The quality bounces back and forth from good to bad on this one, but somehow we’re still watching.

Compulsive Gambler (Kakegurui) – New-ish to Netflix and only one season (can we just say props to Netflix on bringing the anime?) This is more of a guilty pleasure but I’d be remiss if I didn’t include it in my personal recommendations. Let’s just say that I have a lot riding on the success of my March Madness bracket.

Did we mention any of your favorites? Let us know your recommendations! Classics welcome too.

2. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Mar 27, 2019

toastytoast1234, Mar 27, 2019 :
    It's all about the Food Wars. Where else do people's clothes explode off their bodies because their lunch tasted so great?

3. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Mar 27, 2019

Hydra Bob, Mar 27, 2019 :
    I'll admit I don't really watch anime anymore but I remember watching the original Pokemon series everyday after I got off the bus(I had the Gameboy games and a pretty extensive collection of trading cards too) and dutifully tuning in to DBZ every week for the months that it took planet Namek to finally blow up.

But I also have some fond memories of some of the other series that are credited with helping bring the genre to the US, like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Fullmetal Alchemist to name a few.

Maybe I'll stick around in this thread and see if I can find any recommendations on a good series to jump back into things a little bit now that streaming services are a thing and I don't have to worry about getting my homework done first.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

4. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Mar 27, 2019

5. beyonslay Donut Mar 27, 2019

beyonslay, Mar 27, 2019 :
    I personally have no interests in animes but someone I found some that please me a lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  6. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Mar 28, 2019

idkwhoiam322, Mar 28, 2019 :
    xD I'm travelling atm, but finally a thread I do not feel completely stupid in :tearsofjoy:
    Will be back here later today :d thanks for the tag! I've seen toooooooo many to list Xd

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

7. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 28, 2019

Crystal Z., Mar 28, 2019 :
    I'm a fan of Animes!

I like Attack on Titan as well. It's kinda bloody at first, but it's very inspiring when all human get united to beat the giant. And my favorite is One Piece, I like it when the characters never give up on chasing for their dreams no matter how many difficulties and blocks are on the way.

And I would also like to recommend Tokyo Ghoul (here's the cut version with fun dubbing :D)

Feel free to share your favorite ones and I'd love to watch more amazing Animes.:p

8. rphlfjrd Lollipop Mar 28, 2019

rphlfjrd, Mar 28, 2019 :
    AoT and SAO? Normies :^)

Kidding aside, waiting for the last episode of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai to drop this weekend. Before this, I just finished Happy Sugar Life, 11/10 would recommend that anime.

9. Davide_Russo24 Froyo Mar 28, 2019

10. anupritaisno1 KitKat Mar 28, 2019

11. AnunciPronunci Honeycomb Mar 28, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  12. Moin2200 KitKat Mar 28, 2019

Moin2200, Mar 28, 2019 :
    I have been a fan of anime since i was little when it started with dragon ball z. I mean come on what kid didn't go nuts seeing aliens having their hair turn yellow and explode planets?

And since then i have gotten older and my interest have involved and i have discovered some truly amazing series because of it.
    such as:

Erased

If you like mysteries this will certainly peek your interest.
    A young man that has the ability to travel back a few seconds before a disaster so that he may be able to prevent it. Looses his mother when she was killed and he was blamed.
    On the run and scared he miraculously avoided arrest and went back in time to when he was only 11. To a time where one of his classmates was kidnapped and killed.
    Could the culprit also have an connection to his mothers murder?

My roommate is a cat

If you like cats, watch this.
    Nothing more to say it's hilarious.

And lastly Your lie in april

If you like drama and sob stories, you have come to the right place.
    Kousei is a very talented musician that loved to play and share his love for the world. Until his mothers dead which left him unable to hear the music anymore.
    He abandons music and goes back to focusing on his studies. That is when he meets a fellow musician that re introduced him to the world of music through melody and love.

This is only a handful of some of my favorites. But i hope you got some inspiration for the next time you guys needs something to watch and relax.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

IzayaP5, P1543173335155, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  13. eye842 Lollipop Mar 28, 2019

eye842, Mar 28, 2019 :
    As a kid I loved watching Beast King GoLion, Mobile Suit Gundam, Doraemon, Lupin III, Speedracer and Devilman to name those series that I remember by name.

As an adult I haven't been watching much and don't watch TV in general but did enjoy Full Metal Panic, Demashita! PPGZ and Rabu Hina.

14. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 28, 2019

dsmonteiro, Mar 28, 2019 :
    Well, I was able to get the missus completely hooked on One Piece. In 3 months, we devoured 300+ episodes.

Obviously I couldn't miss Attack on Titan, but I'm way ahead of the Anime story now because I jumped to the Manga, as I couldn't wait more to know what was happening. But my all time favorites are still Neon Genesis Evangelion (Rebuild of Evangelion is beautifully crafted, can't wait for the fourth movie) and Death Note. Honorable mentions go to Bleach (too bad it didn't follow the Manga to the end), Hellsing Ultimate and Trigun.

15. Jsprince04 Froyo Mar 28, 2019

Jsprince04, Mar 28, 2019 :
    naruto

parasyte the maxim

your lie in april

toradora

haikyuu

kuroko no basket

run with the wind

16. meatandy Oreo Mar 28, 2019

buntycubal, Mjo and YRJ like this.
  17. Mjo Marshmallow Mar 28, 2019

18. GopalB. Nougat Mar 28, 2019

GopalB., Mar 28, 2019 :
    Always with me and always being updated... ;)

Anohana (emo)
    As the moon, so beautiful (rom)
    Angle beats (com and emo)
    Assassination Classroom (thriller)
    A silent voice (movie) (rom and emo)
    Anonymous Noise (rom and emo)
    Aoi Bungaku Series (drama)
    Barakamon (drama)
    Baccano! (thriller)
    Beyond the Boundary (rom and supernatural)
    Black lagoon (thriller)
    Bodyguard of the Wind (mystery and thriller)
    Colourful (movie) (drama)
    Clanad movie and season 2 (rom and emo)
    Death parade (drama and emo)
    Death note (thriller)
    Daily Lives of High school Boys (com)
    Durarara (thriller)
    Erased (mystery and thriller)
    From the new world (drama)
    Flavors of Youth (movie and drama)
    From me to you (rom)
    Gosick (mystery and thriller)
    Giovanni's island (movie and drama)
    Honobo log (rom)
    Hyouka (mystery)
    Hantsuki (rom)
    Hinamatsuri (com and emo)
    I've Always Liked You (movie) (rom)
    I want to eat your pancreas (movie) (emo)
    Kanon (rom and emo)
    Kaiji (thriller)
    Kids on the slope (slice of life)
    Madoka magica (drama)
    Maquia (movie) (emo)
    Megalo Box (sports)
    Midori days (rom)
    My Neighbor Seki (com)
    Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (rom and slice of life)
    Nichijou (com)
    Nagi no Asukara (drama and emo)
    Non non biyori (slice of life)
    One week friends (rom and emo)
    Our love has always been 10 centimeters apart. (rom)
    Once a hero (short)
    Parasyte (horror and thriller)
    Planetarian (drama)
    Plastic memories (rom)
    Poco's udon world (slice of life)
    ReLIFE (drama)
    Say "I love you" (rom)
    Steins;gate (thriller)
    Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo (drama)
    The boy and the beast (movie) (drama)
    Toradora (rom)
    To the forest of firefly lights (movie) (rom & emo)
    Tokyo magnitude 8.0 (emo)
    Tokyo Marble Chocolate (rom)
    Tamako's Market (slice of life)
    The Moment You Fall in Love (movie) (rom)
    There She Is (rom)
    Tsuritama (com, slice of life, sports)
    True Tears (rom)
    Usagi drop (drama)
    Violet Evergarden (drama)
    When they cry (thriller)
    Your lie in April (rom and emo)
    Your name. (movie) (rom)
    Zodiac Wars (thriller)

19. Mjo Marshmallow Mar 28, 2019

Mjo, Mar 28, 2019 :
    Nice! :p