Do you forgive Oneplus? (Please read post first)

?

Do you forgive Oneplus?(Please read post first)

1. Yes

110 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Still need time to decide

29 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. No

73 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. CrownedSusanoo
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

CrownedSusanoo , Jun 6, 2016 :
    In all honesty, Yes. Minus the fact that they're late. The point of order is that they still came through. They're still getting better and still need time. I'm willing to give it to them.

2. Leehm
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2016

Leehm , Jun 6, 2016 :
    In my opinion,they didn't break their promise.They say they will give us Marshmallow by the end of Q1,they did.You say it is a BETA version,they did mentioned Marshmallow but didn't clearly state it is a stable or BETA or ALPHA.
    Last but not least,the BETA Marshmallow didn't want you to unlock bootloader or anything.
    So,of course there is nothing to forgive or not forgive.

3. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Jun 6, 2016 :
    You basically don't understand these word "OnePlus has only ONE device to give MM updates right now" aren't you? That other one that will be updated in free time doesn't count as it isn't a priority to them...whether they wanna updates it or not it is up to them as they haven't made any promises on that....only OP2 is promise to get MM in Q1...

4. Baw2607
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

Baw2607 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Nope. Never gonna forgive OnePlus. They say "Never Settle" yet we had to settle for shit software for so long. A promise is a promise and has to be kept to no matter what. A beta was not what was promised and for that I will never forgive them.

Software makes a phone and I will never be buying another OnePlus device again because of the Software and the lack of care by OnePlus as to updates.

gopinathr, bogusm and dfjkl like this.
  5. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2016

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I did also mean the Oneplus X...
    Just, please don't argue with me, I was just making a meaningless correction to your statement.

6. funmunke
    Marshmallow Jun 6, 2016

funmunke , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Coming in last means you still finished. There are some phone makers who didn't even finish. Ultra low budget phone makers like BLU almost never update their phones.

gopinathr likes this.
  7. jkb114
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

jkb114 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    They said that they would bring M to the OP2. They never stated if it would be a stable release or a beta. You made that assumption.. Not them.. They fulfilled their promise.

8. CasperTFG
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

9. dcyel
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

dcyel , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Im still undecided as a given word is a given word and taking a whole product cycle to get the software for your product right is a bit to much for me.

gopinathr likes this.
  10. TiramisuNY
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

TiramisuNY , Jun 6, 2016 :
    How about being a purchaser of 3 OP phones plus accessories but did not receive the Loop VR email unlike my other friend who bought just one phone?
    To forgive or not to forgive?

eye842 likes this.
  11. riffraff81
    KitKat Jun 6, 2016

riffraff81 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Infrastructure takes time to build up. While not as timely as they hoped they brought the update.

gopinathr likes this.
  12. Niliis
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

Niliis , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I don't get it. This awful small company can't get the new androidverision to all their phones as fast as the big companies, now we have to forgive them for getting it out to us. Yes the OPX don't have MM yet, but this is a smaller company that is trying the do it as soon as possible without breaking too much in the process. People nowadays whant things now directly and if they have to wait for it its the most awful thing that ever happened.

gopinathr, AnkitKr96 and u_proprio like this.
  13. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

cezarvrabie , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I will forgive them if they can release the OP3 with proper software and community support for custom ROM developers. If not I'm done with them.

jpswer, gopinathr and Joshua_B like this.
  14. AnkitKr96
    Donut Jun 6, 2016

AnkitKr96 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    the fact that oneplus is not creating a hype about the 3 makes us believe that oneplus is trying to learn from their mistakes..
    and since the beta worked perfectly on my device (except the battery life), i don't have any grudge againt op.. in fact.. kudos to the op team for working hard and bringing the updates (although a little late).. i just hope they keep up the good work!

gopinathr likes this.
  15. sandeep.dawre
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

sandeep.dawre , Jun 6, 2016 :
    No. Updates could have been released early but they were busy with their new flagship killer OP3.

gopinathr, bogusm and dfjkl like this.
  16. hblvd5258

hblvd5258 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    We should not be arguing based on the technicalities of the statements made by oneplus. When they said they would have MM out by the end of Q1, they should know that most owners would assume that meant an OTA starting by then. I understand that they are a small company and just developing their first OS. However it did take awhile to get the MM Update for the 2. As I didn't want to beta the update since I uses my phone for business, I have had to put up with OOS 2.2.1 for too long. They do need to learn to better estimate their project lengths and get better at responding to issues on their forums. I can't really comment on their CS since I haven't needed it, but the reputation on here is not good either.

All that asides, I do like the 2 and the 1 and hope that they can grow into a decent company.

AnkitKr96, gopinathr and dfjkl like this.
  17. JoshBaldassarre

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 6, 2016 :
    The beta was pretty stable in my use, but it was a good idea to play it safe. Others didn't have as little problems as I did

gopinathr and hblvd5258 like this.
  18. hblvd5258

hblvd5258 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I have done Betas for a lot of years, but really didn't have time for this one. I need the phone for business use and really didn't want to file any bug reports or deal with any that cropped up. When you run part of your business from the phone you need it to be as stable as it can be. Although that said, OOS 2.2.1 did give me fits every now and them, particularly the freeezes ( hangups in an app). Mine would freeze, heat up and suck down the battery. Looking forward to getting rid of that.

19. dfjkl
    Froyo Jun 6, 2016

dfjkl , Jun 6, 2016 :
    They left their users in the lurch for MONTHS with a BROKEN OS with zero explanation or ownership of their issues. They proactively whitewashed any public mentions of them. Sorry, they've lost all trust. Oneplus is all hype, no substance. One of the last companies I'll look at for a very long while for a product after how badly they burned people on the OP2. It would have been one thing if they cared about making it right. I had to argue with support for a couple months before I got any kind of an acceptable resolution for a paperweight. That should not be the experience on a "flagship killer." They talk big. I don't care that they're a "new" or "small" company. They promise "flagship killing" they better deliver it. They don't. That's on them. So no, all the trouble I had to go through to unload the pile of crap that was the OP2 has put a long standing bitter taste in my mouth for this company. They #settled and #neveradmitted which I cannot abide.

20. bogusm
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2016

bogusm , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Of course not! I bought one of the very first OP2 and it is a catastrophy. Lagging, freezing and with poor battery life. My OPO was a dream with CM. I will never forgive Oneplus.